Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Yeah you aren't helping yourself.

Trump's biggest flip flop right now was his biggest campaign promise about immigration. Now he is giving amnesty to try to pander to more voters. Now he will probably alienate more of his own hardline racists, including apparently Rush Limbaugh. http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...gration-227424
    Am I posting about Trump? This is about Hillary Clinton. I love how Partisans biggest defense of their shit bag candidate is "well what about the other guy" Fuck, get a new argument.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Am I posting about Trump? This is about Hillary Clinton. I love how Partisans biggest defense of their shit bag candidate is "well what about the other guy" Fuck, get a new argument.
    Again, as Edge said, she changed her position over YEARS, not literally less than 24 hours like Trump usually does. It is called evolution. Flip flopping is literally what Trump is doing.

Again, as Edge said, she changed her position over YEARS, not literally less than 24 hours like Trump usually does. It is called evolution. Flip flopping is literally what Trump is doing.
    Some of the shit was literally a year or 2 different lol Its hilarious to watch Clinton apologist make excuses. She will say or do anything to get elected and people like you will eat it up.

Some of the shit was literally a year or 2 different lol Its hilarious to watch Clinton apologist make excuses. She will say or do anything to get elected and people like you will eat it up.
    Excuses? I think most folks here acknowledge that she's flip-flopped, or "evolved", on issues over the years. But the counter-argument if you don't like flip-flopping is that compared to Trump (again, she looks good compared to Trump, but not necessarily on her own) she's a very straight shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Excuses? I think most folks here acknowledge that she's flip-flopped, or "evolved", on issues over the years. But the counter-argument if you don't like flip-flopping is that compared to Trump (again, she looks good compared to Trump, but not necessarily on her own) she's a very straight shooter.
    I am all for "evolving" especially on things like Gay Marriage but some things don't make much sense, I think it's just what ever suits here needs. I don't think how she could have ever thought NAFTA was a good idea for instance.

15+ Year Old Account
    She flip flops on just about every subject how do you know she's the same person?
    Flip flop is going back and forth many times, sometimes many many many times, aka Trump.

Hillary has changed her stances on several issues once each. She doesn't change it whenever she's talking to a different group of people, like Trump does.

- - - Updated - - -

I am all for "evolving" especially on things like Gay Marriage but some things don't make much sense, I think it's just what ever suits here needs. I don't think how she could have ever thought NAFTA was a good idea for instance.
    She actually has changed her stances with public opinion... you know, in our representative government, representing the interests of the people who vote for you I'd say is a pretty important thing.

Staying stubborn and refusing to change ever would actually be a very questionable candidate. Why would anyone want someone who can't change their mind on a subject? And note, I'm talking change their mind once, not whenever they're talking to a new group of people.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Hillary has moved over the years to stay in the mainstream of democratic party politics.

Trump flails around on a day by day basis.

Years != days

7+ Year Old Account
    Because it was. It needed more protection to the workers but in the overall it was a good idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hah. Obama's former doctor: Clinton should have neurological exam.

President Obama’s former physician said that he believes Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton should have a neurological examination due to her history of brain injury.

During an interview on CNN, Dr. David Scheiner argued that Clinton’s note from her doctor isn’t enough. The letter details that Clinton had follow-up testing in 2013 that showed a full recovery from a concussion and that she tested negative for clotting disorders.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think all Presidential candidates should be required to undergo a neurological/general medical exam. As well as psychological. All performed by independent doctors.

This should occur very early on in the vetting process, before even getting to this point.

This is commonplace for many professions.

Why not the commander of the worlds most powerful military as well? Just makes sense.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Why not the commander of the worlds most powerful military as well? Just makes sense.
    But then we wouldn't have had Saint Regan! At least not for a second term.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's just what ever suits here needs.
    You mean like Trump trying to win the African-American vote? By claiming Clinton's failed policies (as Secretary of State? How?) caused black youth unemployment at 58% (it isn't) while himself shipping jobs overseas and wanting to remove the minimum wage? Don't act like a politician saying something that suits their needs is new or unique to Clinton. Or, if you do, at least grant that she does more than hand out Play-Doh for 49 seconds.

I understand that people don't like it when their preferred candidate changes policy. If you liked what you saw before, that's a betrayal. So instead, look at what they've done long-term.

Clinton has been socially active since at least 1973 when she wrote a paper about the rights of children in health care. As First Lady, she pushed hard for health care reform (it blew up, but she pushed for it). And the Clinton Foundation mentions global health first amongst its goals, including HIV/AIDS medicine for children. Millions of them. The Clinton Foundation pays 80%-88% of its money directly to its recipients, giving it an A rating by Charity Watch.

Trump has spent the same amount of time making himself rich. Often by not paying other people: his employees, his taxes, people he borrowed money from, and people he was contractually obligated to pay. And he's proud of it. It's in that book that he not only didn't write, but now wants all the royalties from the author who did write it. And he started a charity (also self-named, makes a good parallel really) which he doesn't even give money to -- under $4 million from 1990 to 2008, and based on his refusal to release tax returns, probably nothing since. Total. He pledges money to charities that he doesn't provide, from the $2 million he pledged to AIDS research that turned out to be $137,000 in 1988, to earlier this year when the "evil liberal media" pointed out that Trump didn't donate to the cause he skipped a debate to host. Leona Helmsley gave more money to the Red Cross during Katrina, than Donald Trump gave to every charity combined in two decades. That's like saying "even Sylvanas wouldn't be that evil". The Donald J Trump Foundation does not directly engage in charitable activities, like the Clinton Foundation mostly (60%+) does, but rather redistributes grant money. That's why Charity Watch hasn't rated it at all, but in a pretty descriptive list showed that the charities that Trump's foundation does itself donate to, have low ratings or no need of funds.

So if you're sick of policy changes or evolution of thought, just ask: over the last forty years these two have been politically active (and they both have), they've both demonstrated what is the most important to them, by what they've done. This is the sort of thing that best dictates what they'll do in the next four or eight. Which do you really want to see? Then, vote your conscience.

P.S. For added fun, Clinton organized a strike on campus, demanding they bring in more African-American students and staff. IN NINETEEN SIXTY EIGHT.

Yet the same people who are giving a hillary a pass for "evolving" threw crap at Romney for the same thing. As long as it supports your opinion, of course.

To a republican, hillary is flip flopping, but to democrats, she's evolving.
    To a democraft, romney was a flip flopper, but to republicans, he was evolving.

See how that works?

Hillary: No gay marriage. Now: supports it.
    Romney: Gay marriage should be recognized by the state. Now: oh wait he's actually not changed that position.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Yet the same people who are giving a hillary a pass for "evolving" threw crap at Romney for the same thing. As long as it supports your opinion, of course.

See how that works?

Hillary: Pro-life. Now, pro-choice. "evolved"
    Romney: pro-choice. Now, pro-life. "evolved"

Romney: Gay marriage should be recognized by the state. Now: oh wait he's actually not changed that position.
    Yet again:

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Yet again:
    I'm definitely not defending trump, mainly just in awe that romney got so much hate. We wouldn't be having the two most despised candidates for the presidency right now had he won.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm definitely not defending trump, mainly just in awe that romney got so much hate. We wouldn't be having the two most despised candidates for the presidency right now had he won.
    Yea! If only all those people he said he hated had voted for him! Then things would have been better!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Yea! If only all those people he said he hated had voted for him! Then things would have been better!
    It really hurt him more because people were already calling him out for being rich, and this comment about poor people made him look worse.

The fact is that almost half of all households pay no income tax. It doesn't mean that if you're poor you won't vote for a republican, and that's what got everyone mad. It's not offensive to state a fact, but it could be if you infer that paying no income tax means you only vote for a democrat.

Does anyone remember Bernie Sanders? I remember when he campaigned for things. Looks like he is bitterly sitting this out instead of trying to help HRC. The Super Delegates were right about him and he couldn't be trusted to participate in party politics.

EDIT: looks like he will start post Labor day. But we will see. I remain suspicious that his whole campaign was purely a Bernie for Bernie revolution with no plans of helping any other candidates.
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sa...rticle/2600439

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfey View Post
    Does anyone remember Bernie Sanders? I remember when he campaigned for things. Looks like he is bitterly sitting this out instead of trying to help HRC. The Super Delegates were right about him and he couldn't be trusted to participate in party politics.

EDIT: looks like he will start post Labor day. But we will see. I remain suspicious that his whole campaign was purely a Bernie for Bernie revolution with no plans of helping any other candidates.
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sa...rticle/2600439
    He's not a member of the Democratic Party... not sure what you expect him to do.

-Kujako-

See how that works?

Again, Romney didn't do it over years, he did it over days and then would say shit behind closed doors and say he didn't want it to his religious douchebags.