Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Was Vashj a traitor to Azshara?

I almost can't believe it, the Naga seemed fanatically devoted to their queen. But it really does seem like Vashj betrayed her for Illidan. I always used to think Vashj was sent to help Illidan by Azshara in Warcraft III, because Azshara remembers Illidan and how he was loyal to her. But now we have Naga working with the Illidari, and Naga attacking Azsuna, hostile to the Illidari.

Am I getting this right?

Azshara's loyalties seem to have gone full tilt to the Old Gods now.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Azshara's loyalties seem to have gone full tilt to the Old Gods now.
    wasnt she sargeras's goldigger?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    Yes, or at least she wanted to be, but once the Sundering happened and the Old Gods transformed the Highborne into Naga, they mostly flipped.

Vashj seems to just have been acting on her own. I went to go look up her history again just to make sure I wasn't forgetting something, and yeah, I wasn't. Seems like Azshara just didn't really care she had a small group of Naga following around Illidan.

Then again I still have a fanon fantasy where Azshara is powerful enough to actually be using the Old Gods for their power, and would be fine with using the Legion for the same goal, so she wouldn't care which faction did what.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-08-30 at 07:07 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    the old gods saved her and empowered her, and she seems to prefer weird hentai tentacles over giant stone dicks.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I almost can't believe it, the Naga seemed fanatically devoted to their queen. But it really does seem like Vashj betrayed her for Illidan. I always used to think Vashj was sent to help Illidan by Azshara in Warcraft III, because Azshara remembers Illidan and how he was loyal to her. But now we have Naga working with the Illidari, and Naga attacking Azsuna, hostile to the Illidari.

Am I getting this right?
    Illidan does have his charms

Yes Vashj was infact a traitor

The battle maiden quests in Vashjir shows this where the naga there speak of Vashj in digust
    An'u belore delen'na

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Yes, or at least she wanted to be, but once the Sundering happened and the Old Gods transformed the Highborne into Naga, they mostly flipped.

Vashj seems to just have been acting on her own. I went to go look up her history again just to make sure I wasn't forgetting something, and yeah, I wasn't. Seems like Azshara just didn't really care she had a small group of Naga following around Illidan.

Then again I still have a fanon fantasy where Azshara is powerful enough to actually be using the Old Gods for their power, and would be fine with using the Legion for the same goal, so she wouldn't care which faction did what.
    Wasnt Azshara and her crew swallowed by water and kinda forced to become naga?

In Warcraft 3 at least, Vashj repeatedly states her loyalty to Azshara.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Wasnt Azshara and her crew swallowed by water and kinda forced to become naga?
    Well, they were offered the choice to become Naga or perish in the deluge - they went with the former. I'm not entirely sure the choice was even voluntary, to be honest; in "War of the Ancients" the Old Gods just told them that they would serve them all, and be granted power. I don't recall anyone ever accepting said offer vocally.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    In Warcraft 3 at least, Vashj repeatedly states her loyalty to Azshara.
    Could be like the blood elves who have loyalty to the memory of kaelthas
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Vashj is second Illidan's fangirl behind Xe'ra.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Well, they were offered the choice to become Naga or perish in the deluge - they went with the former. I'm not entirely sure the choice was even voluntary, to be honest; in "War of the Ancients" the Old Gods just told them that they would serve them all, and be granted power. I don't recall anyone ever accepting said offer vocally.
    I haven't read the WotA trilogy in years, but I had thought the scene went kind of like this:

-Well destroyed, Sundering occuring.
    -Azshara and her court stuck in the palace as it sinks.
    -They're using their magic to keep themselves safe as the entire palace slips below the surface
    -Voice tells Azshara to let the shield down and she and her court will be safe and empowered better than before
    -Moment goes buy and then she does, and they become Naga.

I dont think they knew what they wanted to do with the Naga in Frozen Throne. They introduced the Faceless ones and the Naga, but they had no connection at the time.

It's pretty safe to assume that Vashj and her naga were loyal to Azshara. Even in tbc, they are against Neptulon, according to that one npc.

They really need to explain the whole support the Naga have for "Lord Illidan" and where it came from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Azshara is loyal to the Old Gods, for whatever reason in their complex plans they deemed Illidan useful in their escape.

Deleted
    Not sure they have to be traitors. The Queen could have sent the Naga to aid Illidan destroy the legion to prevent the universal titan abortions so her master can taint them.

Its perfectly possible the Old Gods don't share their end game with their minions (do we even know if they know themselves?) so possible there could be confusion in the lower ranks

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Not sure they have to be traitors. The Queen could have sent the Naga to aid Illidan destroy the legion to prevent the universal titan abortions so her master can taint them.
    That is entirely possible. All we know about Illidan's relationship with the naga is that he stood by the ocean, cast some dramatic sorcerous working, and the naga answered the call. Could be the Azshara is the one who picked up on it and personally sent Vashj to aid him. I mean, what better time for the naga to make their grand entrance on the surface of the world than that? But that was never explicitly stated in the story AFAIK so...

Its perfectly possible the Old Gods don't share their end game with their minions (do we even know if they know themselves?) so possible there could be confusion in the lower ranks
    I think that is not only possible, but probable. And yes, we don't even know if the Old Gods know the final goal of the Void Lords, either. They're high-end parasites, after all. They're on Azeroth to infect and consume.

Quote Originally Posted by BAMyouhaveaids View Post
    The battle maiden quests in Vashjir shows this where the naga there speak of Vashj in digust
    All they said was that she's nothing like her Mother.

Considering that a huge city is named after her mother, i'd say that they were not too happy that her Daughter became a yes sayer of Azshara / Illidan.

One that is now dead on top of that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    That is entirely possible. All we know about Illidan's relationship with the naga is that he stood by the ocean, cast some dramatic sorcerous working, and the naga answered the call. Could be the Azshara is the one who picked up on it and personally sent Vashj to aid him. I mean, what better time for the naga to make their grand entrance on the surface of the world than that? But that was never explicitly stated in the story AFAIK so...

I think that is not only possible, but probable. And yes, we don't even know if the Old Gods know the final goal of the Void Lords, either. They're high-end parasites, after all. They're on Azeroth to infect and consume.
    That could actually be an interesting story line that N’zoth learns the truth of his existence and Rebels

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    the old gods saved her and empowered her, and she seems to prefer weird hentai tentacles over giant stone dicks.
    Citation needed on the bold part. The only thing they did was stop her from becoming a wretched by becoming a naga instead.