Page 37 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    I was looking at Jay Glazer from FOX Sports pointing out his recent surgeries and weight loss but tbh I'm not the biggest football fan and the source is FOX so it is probably worth a singular grain of sand.
    Fox Sports is nothing like Fox news. Sports isnt right wing or left wing.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Dont mind me for not really being concerned with what you may or may not have been called.

What is odd to me is that people care more for the ritualistic behavior rather than any meaning behind it.
    And what is odd to me is people will kiss the ground you walk on for saying nothing important or useful. Or particularly true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    And what is odd to me is people will kiss the ground you walk on for saying nothing important or useful. Or particularly true.
    They kiss the ground I walk on? Yes, they should.

Quote Originally Posted by Provenance View Post
    Well, both sides of the media are missing the real intent of Kaepernick. As usual, the media is making the story fit their own narratives.
    what I find interesting is that you don't hear the media asking the simple easy relevant questions - a) "If this is a protest to garner attention to a cause, why not make a press release about it ahead of time to not only draw attention to it but to start dialog about it?", and b) "Sitting in protest is a time honored tradition, but really its just sitting, what are you doing other than sitting? What kind of time and money do you use to bring attention and solutions to the problem?"

Thus, we have to ask, jas this really brought attention to the problem? Or has it just brought more attention to Kap?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    I was looking at Jay Glazer from FOX Sports pointing out his recent surgeries and weight loss but tbh I'm not the biggest football fan and the source is FOX so it is probably worth a singular grain of sand.
    Well, Teddy Bridgewater just went down. Vickings have 5 realistic choices; trade or wait for release of Sanchez, Geno Smith, Krapernick, or McCown, sign Mattenburger off wavers. Unless they can swing for McCown, Krapernic is their best choice for now. Mattenburger best for future, but at 0-10 career, his confidence might be too far gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately, this has nothing to do with racism in this country. He strategically played this out using that as a scapegoat. Now, when the 49ers go to fire him in a couple weeks because he is a shitty player, they will receive backlash on a whole new level from SJWs, BLM, Hillary and Co., etc. for being racist, etc. He is using this as a way to manipulate the 49ers into keeping him on their roster so he continues to make millions more of his "oppressed" money.
    Doesn't make any sense what so ever. His contract was fully guaranteed on April 1st. He already got the money and will not get more than current deal when released. His commentary only hampers his financial future, not improve it.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-franc...epernick-7751/
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Last ditch effort to keep him from getting cut. 49ers look bad for cutting him because now it well be perceived because of this. Instead of the fact being he's a shittastic QB who can't throw a 5 yard slant anymore. Goodbye shitbag!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Fox Sports is nothing like Fox news. Sports isnt right wing or left wing.
    Oh silly man... You need to hit PFT and read some random comments on any article. If it had 10 or more replies, you better bet either liberals or conservatives will be blamed for anything the article is talking about. I don't post there...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Last ditch effort to keep him from getting cut. 49ers look bad for cutting him because now it well be perceived because of this. Instead of the fact being he's a shittastic QB who can't throw a 5 yard slant anymore. Goodbye shitbag!
    How exactly does this help him? He could have been waved today, as teams have a deadline to hit 75 man roster. He could have been an easy choice now that Bridgewater and Romo are out, while Denver has a QB I have yet to figure out how to spell... Seimen? If he kept his mouth shut, he had a clear path to at least be in the talks to be starting for a Super Bowl champ. His contract was guaranteed on 4/1/16.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Oh silly man... You need to hit PFT and read some random comments on any article. If it had 10 or more replies, you better bet either liberals or conservatives will be blamed for anything the article is talking about. I don't post there...

- - - Updated - - -

How exactly does this help him? He could have been waved today, as teams have a deadline to hit 75 man roster. He could have been an easy choice now that Bridgewater and Romo are out, while Denver has a QB I have yet to figure out how to spell... Seimen? If he kept his mouth shut, he had a clear path to at least be in the talks to be starting for a Super Bowl champ. His contract was guaranteed on 4/1/16.
    He is untradeable. Denver tried, Kaep refused a paycut. He is to big of a cap hit, and it's why they were hoping to ship him off. They wanted draft picks, instead of releasing, they gambled and lost big time. The locker room has been out spoken about Blaine for months. No one on that team like s Kaep. It's no secret, he's getting cut.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Hes a total fuckin hypocrite. He called another player a nigger during the game and got fined for it. Hes only "making a stand" now because he knows hes about to get cut. Hes gone way down hill and hes not worth the hassle of keeping him. He decided to protest now so that if the 49ers cut him, he can turn around and bitch about how he was cut for speaking out.

Honestly, even if he doesn't get cut, he's done. Everyone agrees he has the right not to stand, also everyone agrees that actions have consequences. Football is hard to protest. One football team isn't. He'll regret letting his girlfriend make his decisions, before it's all said and done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Well, Teddy Bridgewater just went down. Vickings have 5 realistic choices; trade or wait for release of Sanchez, Geno Smith, Krapernick, or McCown, sign Mattenburger off wavers. Unless they can swing for McCown, Krapernic is their best choice for now. Mattenburger best for future, but at 0-10 career, his confidence might be too far gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't make any sense what so ever. His contract was fully guaranteed on April 1st. He already got the money and will not get more than current deal when released. His commentary only hampers his financial future, not improve it.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-franc...epernick-7751/
    That doesnt mean he doesnt want to play. For a lot of players, thats all they care about is playing. It could definitely be a driving factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    He is untradeable. Denver tried, Kaep refused a paycut. He is to big of a cap hit, and it's why they were hoping to ship him off. They wanted draft picks, instead of releasing, they gambled and lost big time. The locker room has been out spoken about Blaine for months. No one on that team like s Kaep. It's no secret, he's getting cut.
    I think Kaps last chance to make the roster is Thursday. Chip has said he's going to play.

And if he gets cut, you have to wonder if anyone will try to pick him up. Unreliable on the field, injury prone, confidence issues, off the field distractions. All are going to make him a difficult sell for any team. There is little to no upside along with a $12mil salary.

That doesnt mean he doesnt want to play. For a lot of players, thats all they care about is playing. It could definitely be a driving factor.
    Not sure if you are big into football...but his best chance to play was to keep that trap shut and not start any of this. Now, teams who may want him have to also view the potential fallout from upsetting him or his new following. Teams DO NOT want that. The league has let go of way better players for way less off field drama, and they do that on a regular basis.

IE: You don't have to win your team the superbowl, and you probably won't, but you sure can COST your team the superbowl by being a locker room pariah and moving attention away from the field(world class players need concentration). Some other teams, for example, will use this as motivation to mess up whatever team he is on. Playing spoiler would be a HUGE motivation for any team.

10+ Year Old Account
    He sipped too much of BLM's koolaid.

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    First, A third string QB is always eligible to play if they are suited up.

Second, his on the field and ability rank aside, he is still a well know athlete due to his past performance. Say his name and people know who you are talking about. That is the popularity I am talking about. He still has the ability to reach millions of people with a message, instead of relaying his message via a media he has access to, he instead sulks in the corner and tells nobody about it until he is asked about it.
    There are actually rules regarding 3rd string qbs during a game. Something along the lines of if they get activated and enter the game, then the 1st and 2nd string qbs become ineligible to play. And you just don't keep someone one the roster and pay him $12mil to do this. Its just not worth the money. Its what you give a minimum salary player.

However, he's likely untradeable with his guaranteed salary. And even less likely now for a team to pick him up off waivers with his salary. Thus, one could argue that its pointless to cut him because they are going to have to pay him anyways. And at least he has been a qb with talent and mojo and started in a Superbowl. And if they are going to have to pay him anyways, they might as well see if they can get some value out of him.
    Last edited by anyaka21; 2016-08-30 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    He sipped too much of BLM's koolaid.
    Yea too bad that koolaid has truth in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Yea too bad that koolaid has truth in it.
    As much truth as black people are being hunted and oppressed. Which is none.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    As much truth as black people are being hunted and oppressed. Which is none.
    You're just in denial, it's ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

In denial of BLM falsehoods? Sounds like a good thing.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Yes, you are. And it's not okay.