Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shewkoi View Post
    All I saw was the word 'need', then I stopped reading.

you don't need any of that.
    i read it all, but after years on this forum and the internet in general i cant help but automatically read the word need as want

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    this is why they give you free level 100 boost - choose 1 new main and level all alts from scratch
    Don't you see the obvious flaw in that?

1) First of all 1 boost is not enough for my 10 characters I have on that dead realm, you would have to give me 10 boosts for that
    2) I don't want to boost a new character anyway, I want to play my existing characters, the reason I want to play them in the first place is because I grew attached to them... I'm not attached to characters I haven't even created yet

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    They only need to sell ~6 transfers to cover your lost sub.
    6 transfers equal 120 bucks, that's 6 months of game time if I buy it via the token

So what you're assuming is that if I got free transfers I wouldn't sub for longer than 6 months until WoW ends, anyway?

Dude I came back from an 11-month break. That's 11 months I could've been subscribed. That's already almost double than what they would make from those transfers-

As an olive branch I will say that Blizzard would at least be clever to give people the chance to buy transfers with gold similar to how the WoW token works. That would solve the issue for me, and they would make even more money with it.

Deleted
    So... I think that Blizzard also have a problem with "NEEDS" and "WANTS" words! LOL
    (If you don't believe, then visit wow-europe.com)

Last edited by mmocee9ecebf93; 2016-08-29 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baladeosso View Post
    So... I think that Blizzard also have a problem with "NEEDS" and "WANTS" words! LOL
    (If you don't believe, then visit wow-europe.com)
    There is a huge difference between 'advertisement' (where hyperbole is a common tool) and 'demands'. WoW-Europe is making an advertisement. You are making a demand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    There is a huge difference between 'advertisement' (where hyperbole is a common tool) and 'demands'. WoW-Europe is making an advertisement. You are making a demand.
    Now I understand, when you need it is a huge difference because when you want you will use an hyperbole to justify anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now I understand, when you need it is a huge difference because when you want you will use an hyperbole to justify anything.
    Attempt to justify your demands all you want, the truth is you aren't going to get anywhere close to what you want or 'need'. It's pretty pathetic you are stalking your ex-game like you do trying to make them look bad so they might take you back. Just stop... man up and pay the money to get the services you want, or not and suffer.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Attempt to justify your demands all you want, the truth is you aren't going to get anywhere close to what you want or 'need'. It's pretty pathetic you are stalking your ex-game like you do trying to make them look bad so they might take you back. Just stop... man up and pay the money to get the services you want, or not and suffer.

So now, you give orders with my money... ok sure!
    Bye
    Last edited by mmocee9ecebf93; 2016-08-29 at 05:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So now, you give orders with my money... ok sure!
    Bye
    I dont care if you get those services or not, but the fact remains. The only way you are going to get them is to pay for them, your demands aren't going to be met... not even close.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Cute.

You're not making and advertisement. You're making demands. You don't *need* free character customization to play the Legion expansion. You can play it just as well without it. And to remind you: the character you play with is not yours.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you read the OP again, you will notice that I never used the word "free"! I think you misunderstood something.

What I was proposing is a package of services (with N character changes included) and you would pay for that package. Some other person have said, that Blizzard should only sell a day of character changes (even if i agree and think that is even better, this wasn't my proposal).

So, if someone is lying here, is not me.

"Alice in Wonderland" believed that everything was true. That's why her world is a infinite loop that never change! She can make fantasies of being forever a child.
    You are delusional man. I've worked in the software industry for 18 years now. What they are doing is trivial. The only complicated part is convincing players to login and execute it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    OTHER MMO'S DOES THESE SERVICES FOR FREE, AND INSTANT. With blizzard we haft to pay a normal game price + wait....

They are just milking us dry and its disgusting.
    Then play those other MMO'S. Simple. They're not "milking" anyone. Cows don't have a choice/NEED to be milked so as to not get physical complications. There's no "need" in playing WoW. You want to, or you don't, and if you don't it's up to yourself to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Then play those other MMO'S. Simple. They're not "milking" anyone. Cows don't have a choice/NEED to be milked so as to not get physical complications. There's no "need" in playing WoW. You want to, or you don't, and if you don't it's up to yourself to move on.
    A company can still have ethics. See what their competitors does and adapt. I don't think other games charges 20 euro for such a big, and yes NEEDED thing. If you played since vanilla w/e you don't want to see all your work wasted just because Blizzard won't close dead realms and start merging or getting rid of servers.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    A company can still have ethics. See what their competitors does and adapt. I don't think other games charges 20 euro for such a big, and yes NEEDED thing. If you played since vanilla w/e you don't want to see all your work wasted just because Blizzard won't close dead realms and start merging or getting rid of servers.
    It's only unethical in the eyes of people such as the OP, because they WANT something which they're not handed. How are there "ethics" involved otherwise? They offer services, you choose to pay for them or you don't. Can't afford their services, do what others do that are in the same position... roll a new character on the server you want.

Probably not supposed to tell this, but Blizzard = the only company that took my personal situation into account at one point and gave me free game time. I asked for 7 days, got a month. But then I didn't go onto some forum ranting about how my situation was a fault of THEIRS before contacting them.

I do however feel that, like the Game time token, they should make tokens for Shop items and character services. But I bet that would then lead to rants along the lines of "I can't afford the gold needed to buy transfer tokens for all my characters!!! This is discrimination of the in-game poor people!!"

Deleted
    I can't imagine such a post appearing back in 2000-2007. Players had much more down to earth expectations from the game.

But then the population of complaining people grew and devs' rhetoric "we listen to our passionate community" was no longer just hollow words. Now we have a textbook example of how to foster a sense of entitlement in your game community.

Prices of character services need to be reduced, period, across the board. Some are laughably overpriced. $30 for a transfer? Why?

"Because that's the way it is"? "Because people continue to pay for it"?

Bullshit answers.

Game is a decade old. The ship is sailing, sure, but it's under impulse power only now.

Why is this a thread?
    What I mean by that is why is thread still going?
    What I mean by that is, why didn't the mods close this nonsense before page 2 started?!?!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post

Do you still need an active account to post on Blizzards forums? Cause that maybe why people post here to complain. Meanwhile Blizzard is deaf and oblivious to these problems, as it costs a monthly fee to post. At least it did, but I haven't posted on their forums in years so I don't know if they changed that system.

Yep, still need an active acct. to post on Blizz forums - yet another money-grubbing scheme but they like it that way so upset players who've quit won't post there. Nice little closed fanboy circle jerk.

They should sell tokens like they do for subs, at least.

It's super simple.

Click the 100 button and play.

Or, just play with what you've got.

Or, click the 100 button and play. Then click the 98 button. Then click the 98 button on another server. Keep clicking it until you are on the server you want.

People confuse "all my characters from a decade ago are on the 'wrong' server according to my current preferences" with "this game is broken."

Also 300 euros is like a day or two of work, compared to how many hundred DAYS /played people have?

FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyindor View Post
    Prices of character services need to be reduced, period, across the board. Some are laughably overpriced. $30 for a transfer? Why?
    Because when you can start a new character "in order to play the game" at L100 for $0, or level one up in a few leisurely days, the value of a transfer is actually $0.

People want transfers for reasons of vanity. That's fine because it's a game and vanity is a great thing in a game, but because it's just vanity there's no compelling reason to allow people to transfer from server to server for free.

Appearances are account-wide. Pets and mounts are account-wide. Achievements are mostly account-wide. You can satisfy your "different server so that I can actually play the game" needs by rolling a L100 and L98 and inn-full of L1 on whatever server you think allows you to play the game.