15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    It makes interactions out in the world meaningful unlike CRZ for example. Flying is very underrated in WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting perspective. Would you elaborate on why that is not the case for you personally?
    Garrisons killed interactions, I love the combination of Dalaran where both factions go and class order halls, where people of your class from both factions go. It's a huge improvement on garrisons, order halls building on the system already in place.

Flying didn't really have anything to do with it.

But as I said, so far this zone design doesn't seem lazy at all, so I'd love it if pathfinder flying was available right now. Exalted with all reps, loremaster, all treasure achievements, exploration, etc.

Zone design has been far too lazy the last few expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    I don't see the social benefit of flying because I don't believe it exists at all. I see how it is convenient, but that's about it. I don't see that convenience spilling over to the social sphere at all.
    If anything, flight helps you avoid being bothered by others. Somewhat anti social.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    I have no idea as to why.
    My girlfriend and me leveled together, we did all the zone quests, all the bonus objectives and even the part of the Campaign in the Exodar. We had to do the Dungeon quests to even be remotely close to get there.
    I leveled on beta a month ago, only did one dungeon and had half of High mountain left. But I leveled slowly so I had rested often and I did artifact quest for all 3 of my specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristoffersin View Post
    I love flying.

It is a great addition to the game when appropriate.

It isn't appropriate at the beginning of an expac.

That doesn't mean I hate flying.

If they had flying, I'd still enjoy the game. No more, no less.

This is clearly not your game. Sorry, just move on.
    Another fine case of reading with the intent to reply, and not to understand.

I said "people making posts HATING on flight". It's perfectly ok to disagree and dislike this aspect of the game without hating the entire game as a whole. If you don't personally hate flight, then clearly I was not referring to you. But you can't ignore the volume of people who come out of the woodwork to mindlessly, blindly attack flight out of pure spite and ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I was pro-flight. After doing Stormheim, I honestly have to say that flying was a terrible idea. Do shit like the grapples! And hiding nodes. Something engaging, not just afk with autorun on in the air, or hovering 50-100ft above the ground and swooping down from the air on an unsuspecting bush of herbs.

At the very least it should have been introduced in a later expansion than TBC. Talk about blowing your load, 9 years later WoW's still going...
    I have a question, and I want you to consider carefully before answering: Do you honestly believe that because you enjoy something, that it invalidates the enjoyment that other people have, even if it's not the same as what YOU enjoy?

The point I'm trying to make here is that just because you enjoyed not flying, it doesn't mean that the idea of flight is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    But as I said, so far this zone design doesn't seem lazy at all, so I'd love it if pathfinder flying was available right now. Exalted with all reps, loremaster, all treasure achievements, exploration, etc.
    And you see nothing wrong with requiring virtually all the content to be cleared before getting the "reward" of flying, even though that causes flying to be effectively worthless outside of alts(which not everyone plays), and the World Quest AP grind? Or did you forget to mention that if flight was available for completion now, that it would be usable in all content later down the road in the expansion?

If anything, flight helps you avoid being bothered by others. Somewhat anti social.
    It can just as easily help you reach and help your friends more quickly, join in spontaneous group activities such as world bosses and group world quests, and go to mythic entrances.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-08-30 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    These Zone names do not lie. In Highmountain for example there are actual high mountains who block your path and force you to walk a significantly longer way than the distance between you and the target to inflate playtime and get that subscription monies.
    Oh noes, I can't jump over a mountain!

Avoiding being bothered is not anti social at all. At best, it would be asocial, which is fairly different... and even that is debatable.

Actually, instanced play is (for the most part) fairly limiting to the social experience. I mean you are on a server with potentially thousands of other people and choose to lock yourself away in an area with (usually) 4 to 9 other people. That is missing out on an awful lot of social interaction.

Instances, in fact, kind of defeat the point of BEING in an MMO... because they take the "Massive" out of the equation. A few exceptions exist of course, but I could hardly call a game where you only play with 9 other people at a time "Massive".

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    Oh noes, I can't jump over a mountain!
    I know! Rubbing my face in the dirt and tripping over roots while trash mobs daze me is so much more epic and heroic! Gosh!

I don't see the social benefit of flying because I don't believe it exists at all. I see how it is convenient, but that's about it. I don't see that convenience spilling over to the social sphere at all.
    You believe it doesn't exist because you don't use it. That is fine but my experiences show the complete opposite as it promotes real world interactions with other players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I was pro-flight. After doing Stormheim, I honestly have to say that flying was a terrible idea. Do shit like the grapples! And hiding nodes. Something engaging, not just afk with autorun on in the air, or hovering 50-100ft above the ground and swooping down from the air on an unsuspecting bush of herbs.

At the very least it should have been introduced in a later expansion than TBC. Talk about blowing your load, 9 years later WoW's still going...
    I don't need to buy Legion to experience Grappling Hook.

I just make an Outlaw Rogue and using Grappling Hook talent and I can do the same thing in other zones too. And you will tire of this gimmick quickly enough.

P.S. saying you were pro flight and all of sudden a grappling hook convinced you otherwise shows you are flat out lying. I can smell trolling B.S. from here.

What I don´t understand is why people want to push their way of playing on others. Obviously flying is not in game for current content so it will last longer, but at the same time - if you don´t like to fly don´t. And if I like to fly and just hang in air.. why not allow me to do that? does it ruin your gaming experience if someone is playind differently? I am not complaining on forums about people who do pet battles even tho I am not rly interested in that.

Deleted
    Really liking the addon so far BUT at the same time I think I will play it a lot less than previous expansions. Why? because I suffer from severe altoholicism, and the way it looks currently Legion seems to be the most alt-unfriendly expansion ever, just thinking about doing the tedium of tasks on a lot of alts makes me want to puke. No Flying really ads to the feeling of being overwhelmed by too many repeating chores that you have to do crouching on foot through ever scaling mobs. If they pull another WoD flying wise and don't allow it until final tier this would be the last blizzard product I will ever buy. Allowing flying with mid tier would be alright after maybe 6months or just a little bit more.

10+ Year Old Account
    You believe it doesn't exist because you don't use it. That is fine but my experiences show the complete opposite as it promotes real world interactions with other players.
    No, I believe it doesn't exist because i never saw it happening, not even once, and I've been playing this game for 11 years. Not only that, but there is no sound logic behind or a compelling example of it.

You are telling me that flying promotes world interactions, I'm asking you how. Being able to pick and chose the content that you will do happens without flying. I'm trying really hard to see your point here, can you give me example or something?
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

No, I believe it doesn't exist because i never saw it happening, not even once, and I've been playing this game for 11 years. Not only that, but there is no sound logic behind or a compelling example of it.

You are telling me that flying promotes world interactions, I'm asking you how. Being able to pick and chose the content that you will do happens without flying. I'm trying really hard to see your point here, can you give me example or something?
    I can stop and help a player if I am heading somewhere (eg world PVP) or quickly go help a player down a rare without having to wait for my flight path to land and have to hit the nearest flight path. I can team up with players and we do content to together as a group by meeting at a certain part of the map without taking too long.

Again, my experiences show otherwise and if you want to play WoW in instances that is fine. But don't tell me you have never seen it or never has been a beneficiary from it with players helping you by crossing the map on a flying mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendal View Post
    What I don´t understand is why people want to push their way of playing on others. Obviously flying is not in game for current content so it will last longer, but at the same time - if you don´t like to fly don´t. And if I like to fly and just hang in air.. why not allow me to do that? does it ruin your gaming experience if someone is playind differently? I am not complaining on forums about people who do pet battles even tho I am not rly interested in that.
    It's an MMO, and flying is a straight-up power boost. It goes far beyond the whole "individual playstyle" thing that might be involved with traditional RPGs or other content like pet battles. The no-flying position assumes that everyone has a large incentive to use flying if it exists, and we all know that's not true.

Imagine if you killed a rare spawn that dropped an item with the effect "Increase mounted speed by 200% outside of combat". Your first instinct would be to use it, right? Everyone's would. It's a huge utility boost, and not using it would be extremely unintuitive. That's why there's such a huge distinction between someone not using flying and flying not being in the game at all. It's the difference between an argument about what one player volunteers to do and what the actual structure of the game should be - expecting players to deliberately avoid using those tools does not achieve the same result.

Same thing applies to stuff like class balance. One player might prefer easier games, and Blizzard could create a class with 20% better performance to make everything easier. But that has long-reaching implications and would affect how everybody plays, not just how that part of the audience plays. Flying's the same deal; if it exists and it's powerful, in affects everyone.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2016-08-30 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    It's an MMO, and flying is a straight-up power boost. It goes far beyond the whole "individual playstyle" thing that might be involved with traditional RPGs or other content like pet battles. The no-flying position assumes that everyone has a large incentive to use flying if it exists, and we all know that's not true.

Imagine if you killed a rare spawn that dropped an item with the effect "Increase mounted speed by 200% outside of combat". Your first instinct would be to use it, right? Everyone's would. It's a huge utility boost, and not using it would be extremely unintuitive. That's why there's such a huge distinction between someone not using flying and flying not being in the game at all.
    oh so just because flying gives your more speed and freedom people will use it even tho they hate it? hmm.. thing I am saying is I am not asking to remove feature just because I don´t like it/enjoy it. It is childish move.

If flight was in the game Blizz would have to assume that most players would use it to ignore terrain and anything that doesn't directly advance their progression through the content. To stop them blowing through the content too quickly Blizz would have to increase the tasks you need to do to complete each quest or reduce the rewards from each one so players have to complete more quests. Either way, players who stay on the ground will end up gimping the rate they progress.

oh so just because flying gives your more speed and freedom people will use it even tho they hate it? hmm.. thing I am saying is I am not asking to remove feature just because I don´t like it/enjoy it. It is childish move.
    Some people enjoyed endless garrison mission spam, too. It was difficult (or impossible) to avoid doing it without hamstringing one's self in some situations, too. For people who don't like the concept but feel like they have to do it anyway - either because it's far and away the most efficient way to play, or because it's straight-up mandatory - that feature being changed or removed is the obvious solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post

Imagine if you killed a rare spawn that dropped an item with the effect "Increase mounted speed by 200% outside of combat". Your first instinct would be to use it, right? Everyone's would. It's a huge utility boost, and not using it would be extremely unintuitive. That's why there's such a huge distinction between someone not using flying and flying not being in the game at all. It's the difference between an argument about what one player volunteers to do and what the actual structure of the game should be - expecting players to deliberately avoid using those tools does not achieve the same result.

Same thing applies to stuff like class balance. One player might prefer easier games, and Blizzard could create a class with 20% better performance to make everything easier. But that has long-reaching implications and would affect how everybody plays, not just how that part of the audience plays. Flying's the same deal; if it exists and it's powerful, in affects everyone.
    Why does performance matter on a PVE realm? Who are you competing with, or against, if you use a ground mount versus a flying mount? If you said you are using up more time by using a ground mount, then a casual player should have the option to use a flying mount. If the hardcore player wants a challenge they will use the ground mount.

Besides all the real competition in WoW happens in instances (eg raids, dungeons, rated PVP).

Why does performance matter on a PVE realm? Who are you competing with, or against, if you use a ground mount versus a flying mount? If you said you are using up more time by using a ground mount, then a casual player should have the option to use a flying mount. If the hardcore player wants a challenge they will use the ground mount.

Besides all the real competition in WoW happens in instances (eg raids, dungeons, rated PVP).
    WoW is fundamentally communal, even when no-one's around at the time. Even if it weren't, asking players to avoid using something that makes them strictly more effective just isn't a good solution. It wouldn't work for a buff to damage, rep, XP gains or anything else, either.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can stop and help a player if I am heading somewhere (eg world PVP) or quickly go help a player down a rare without having to wait for my flight path to land and have to hit the nearest flight path. I can team up with players and we do content to together as a group by meeting at a certain part of the map without taking too long.

Again, my experiences show otherwise and if you want to play WoW in instances that is fine. But don't tell me you have never seen it or never has been a beneficiary from it with players helping you by crossing the map on a flying mount.
    But all of those examples can easily be done without a flying mount, actually the ground mount works better in those aspects. You can argue that the flying mount makes it easier, but I can argue otherwise because it becomes way harder for you to meet other player when you are 100 yards above the ground. But it is not what "binds" the community together by any means whatsoever.

And please don't assume things, I love outdoor content actually right now I'm working to get the lore master achievement.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

But all of those examples can easily be done without a flying mount, actually the ground mount works better in those aspects. You can argue that the flying mount makes it easier, but I can argue otherwise because it becomes way harder for you to meet other player when you are 100 yards above the ground. But it is not what "binds" the community together by any means whatsoever.

And please don't assume things, I love outdoor content actually right now I'm working to get the lore master achievement.
    It is difficult to do with a ground mount and a lot of situation are time sensitive which is what makes a flying mount more powerful as a social interaction tool. When someone says I need help with a rare they don't mean 20 minutes later. If a player is being attacked by another player responding 15 minutes later is not going to help them if they have been ganked three times already.

i agree that flying shouldn't be in till a certain amount of time

i love seeing other players constantly and that's including the opposite faction, it is 100% more immersive

flying will come