Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Don't mind Espe. He lives in the matrix and not real life.
    He does however reveal the rhetorical strength of the modern school marms. That being that nobody is for rape and thus people will be squeamish to resist the bureaucratization of our private lives for fear of being socially ostracized as being for rape.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    My all too common thought of "I agree with the sentiment and ideal, but they're going about it in very poor way" occurs again.
    I would say I disagree with the sentiment and ideal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I personally carry consent forms for partners to fill out. Every 10 minutes the encounter lasts they sign another form for consent.
    This, exactly. However I add checkboxes for all possible acts so they may also mark what will be allowed, getting a signature on the paper beside the box before, during, and after each act. Always practice safe sex, don't forget your forms people!

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I would say I disagree with the sentiment and ideal.
    I mean, I'm going on the assumption that they're just trying to reduce sexual assault.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    The year is 2019. Names have been abolished. Humans are pushed into a booth weekly and their skin tone and gender is listed and that is their name for the week. There are over 3500 genders, with hundreds more 'discovered' every month. Laws have been abolished, instead there are just 'Victim Protocols'. Victims receive badges, to display how oppressed they are. Oppressors are sent to University, to be reeducated on the 'Yes Means Yes' doctrine. The following interaction totally happened in the year 2019.

Skin Tone 834 Gender 47B: Requesting permission to engage in flirtation with you.
    Skin Tone 392 Gender 71X: Request granted. Proceed with flirtation protocol.

Skin Tone 834 Gender 47B winks at Human Gender X71.

Skin Tone 392 Gender 71X: Warning. Warning. Winking is rape. I have just been raped. Activating victim protocol 374C.
    Skin Tone 834 Gender 47B: I have just raped a fellow human being. I am now a white male. I must return to University to get reeducated on the 'Yes Means Yes' doctrine.

Skin Tone 392 Gender 71X: I have added my Victim Protocol 374C badge to my chest. It will display that I was and am a continuing victim of this abuse. I now have over 700 victim badges. I also placed it on my chest, a perfect place to draw the eyes of other Entities, and thus have them commit eye rape on my person.

Skin Tone 477 Gender 97Q: As a bystander to the rape I just witnessed, I was also raped. I have just been raped. Activating Victim Protocol 263B.

(other entities (the word human is considered rape) approach the scene, raising their hands to signal that they too have been raped by witnessing the event)
    You are the MVP of this thread.

Edit: Also isn't the house of representatives dominated by republicans?
    Last edited by Bollocks; 2016-08-30 at 11:32 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I mean, I'm going on the assumption that they're just trying to reduce sexual assault.
    I guess theoretically, but it would depend on whose definition of sexual assault?

I'd ask the question, should we be creating these grandiose plans and bureaucratic structures to prevent bad stuff from happening in the world in general? With sexual assault, the problem of "rape culture," is less of a "We have a sexual assault problem," as the common people would understand it but that we have determined that the main reason our daughters are engaging in hookup culture and having all this salacious sex is because of some seedy dark aspect.

I would say the problem exists purely because our culture decided to voyeuristically obsess over the sexual exploits of college age women. The problem for people I dub Liberals (mainly for lack of better labels) is that there are sad stories of woman who've had sex we later regretted ect, and I suppose rather than just accept that life is a place were mistakes are made, we need to prevent these mistakes from happening or create a whole new legal culture to make sure it never happens.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    This, exactly. However I add checkboxes for all possible acts so they may also mark what will be allowed, getting a signature on the paper beside the box before, during, and after each act. Always practice safe sex, don't forget your forms people!
    I recommend having someone with a notary stamp accompany you during the encounter as well. That way it's official.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I recommend having someone with a notary stamp accompany you during the encounter as well. That way it's official.
    Very relevant: http://www.cc.com/video-clips/jwmvxd...-love-contract

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who teaches, attends and works on a college campus, actually the title is very apt.

When a tribunal is convened to deal out administrative action the overseers are not just college administration but typically the so-called experts who now make up the Title IX bureaucracy within any college campus. Since this is intended to one day BE the law outside of the college campus environment, this is likely the become the next bureaucracy staffed by obedient and dutiful technocrats, experts giving their optimal solution to the problem of "too much," sexual liberation.
    Experts? Experts on what exactly? This is a question of social interaction and culture.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Experts? Experts on what exactly? This is a question of social interaction and culture.
    Well, there exists these people known as sociologists and gender studies academics, the theoretical "experts," on questions of consent.

(source)

IMHO, the technocratic liberal, in all their "brilliance," are now forced to recreate the prudish social norms of the past, from before the invention of the pill, mainly because most of society cannot handle the unbridled lust of young woman as a real thing. With the family in ruins and no other forms of sexual restriction, the state will now regulate our most private and intimate lives.
    It is a republican pushing it, you cryhard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    It is a republican pushing it, you cryhard.
    Republican and Democrat are meaningless labels.

Considering the origin of the idea of Yes means Yes, its a fair statement that its an idea invented by Liberals.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always wondered what goes in the heads of people who seriously care about laws of consent with regards to their personal lives. What the hell do you do to others that makes it relevant for you? Some kind of extreme BDSM or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, there exists these people known as sociologists and gender studies academics, the theoretical "experts," on questions of consent.
    These people can tell us what is, not what should be. They have no grounds for making objective statements like this, especially with so much contention on this issue - and I hardly expect that the majority of sociologists would agree with this move.

- - - Updated - - -

Republican and Democrat are meaningless labels.

Considering the origin of the idea of Yes means Yes, its a fair statement that its an idea invented by Liberals.
    Well, neoliberal regressives maybe.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I've always wondered what goes in the heads of people who seriously care about laws of consent with regards to their personal lives. What the hell do you do to others that makes it relevant for you? Some kind of extreme BDSM or something?
    Well, when we take a moment to cease being polyannish and blind, it helps to ask "Why?" when it comes to law, life, existence? You know an unexamined life is not worth living.

The threat here is you have laws so incredibly broad that you can basically pick out any person and throw them in a cage because as most Yes Means Yes advocates will admit, it does make normal human interaction and sex effectively illegal but that the expectation is that it won't be abused. Advocates seem to acknowledge that affirmative consent prohibits a wide range of ordinary behavior, but simply assume that people won’t seek redress in seemingly minor cases like the one described above (even though they would be entitled to). To us, however, these policies seem like a menace to civil liberties: By casting such a wide net, affirmative consent gives the authorities broad leeway to pick and choose whom to punish—meaning, as is usually the case with such overbroad legislation, that the poor, minorities, and other socially disadvantaged groups will be hit hardest.

I know the life of a feminist doesn't cause one to interact with sex much, but May90, sex is almost always done via body language and heat of the moment. Especially the good kind. I know the life of a devout celibate virgin so as not to harm the delicate flower of womanhood has prevented many feminist men from understanding how sex works among humans, but it is true.

It seems the response by these white knights is to effectively make sex illegal so anytime someone has a bad experience, someone can be punished, ALWAYS!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Don't mind Espe. He lives in the matrix and not real life.
    That's rich coming from you
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    These people can tell us what is, not what should be. They have no grounds for making objective statements like this, especially with so much contention on this issue - and I hardly expect that the majority of sociologists would agree with this move.

Well, neoliberal regressives maybe.
    The faction most likely to have any say in this will be the types of sociologists interested in it. In my experience as a college employee, the people who run these tribunals are exclusively from the title IX office and its volunteers and typically undergrad or grad students who are Gender Studies/Sociology majors.

The move is being pushed, largely with the silent consent of the masses. After all people either refuse to believe, OR are muzzled by the accusation that being against this is some monstrous endorsement of rape.

IMHO, its hard to assign labels.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems the response by these white knights is to effectively make sex illegal so anytime someone has a bad experience, someone can be punished, ALWAYS!
    It seems like you should know whether or not your date / partner wants to have sex with you, and if they don't you probably shouldn't try to force yourself on them. Common sense that is apparently too hard for some "people" to grasp.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    It seems like you should know whether or not your date / partner wants to have sex with you, and if they don't you probably shouldn't try to force yourself on them. Common sense that is apparently too hard for some "people" to grasp.
    I've never fucked a guy and demanded he sign a contract before hand.

People already do that before hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never fucked a guy and demanded he sign a contract before hand.
    Then clearly you don't know what you're missing.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are we going to need permission slips?