The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Unhappy No enchanting catch-up in Legion?

Hey guys, sorry if this was discussed somewhere but I didn't see any mention of it in the first two pages of threads.

Is there no catch-up mechanism for Enchanting in Legion? I've never done Enchanting before on a toon but my group of friends needed someone with it for disenchanting unwanted drops, so I volunteered. I noticed that disenchanting items does not raise my skill at all, and I don't see any +10 enchants belonging to legion that indicate it would be used for catching up to 700.

If there is indeed no catch-up mechanic as with other professions, does that really matter for me? It is still giving me patterns and letting me break things down that are above level 100, so I'm guessing that maybe the level itself isn't a big deal?

Thanks!

Getting profession skill from disenchanting was removed ages ago.
    I don't know anything about your other questions though.

Hi Tellof. You don't need a catchup mechanism anymore. Literally everything you can do in Legion at skill 800 -- that was added in Legion -- you can also do at skill 1. (With the possible exception of crafting a mount if there's an Enchanting mount.)

You need 100 skill to unlock World Quests, so if you're not there by the time you're Friendly with all five factions AND player level 110, use old-world recipes to grind up to 100.

Blizzard: Bosses now also have a chance to drop ponies! A pony makes your character better.
    Players: AAARGH ponies are RNG!
    Now it's even harder to be perfect. /unsub
    They should just make ponies baseline.
    LOL @ World of Ponycraft.

Profession levels don't matter other than 100 skill level to unlock world quests for them. Profession ranks are what matters now.... ranks 2 and 3 let you use fewer materials per craft or get more resources from an item when gathered/broken down. The only downside for enchanting would be you cannot DE or do anything with pre-Legion stuff since they are level based.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sounder View Post
    Hi Tellof. You don't need a catchup mechanism anymore. Literally everything you can do in Legion at skill 800 -- that was added in Legion -- you can also do at skill 1. (With the possible exception of crafting a mount if there's an Enchanting mount.)

You need 100 skill to unlock World Quests, so if you're not there by the time you're Friendly with all five factions AND player level 110, use old-world recipes to grind up to 100.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takarazuka View Post
    Profession levels don't matter other than 100 skill level to unlock world quests for them. Profession ranks are what matters now.... ranks 2 and 3 let you use fewer materials per craft or get more resources from an item when gathered/broken down. The only downside for enchanting would be you cannot DE or do anything with pre-Legion stuff since they are level based.
    Awesome. Thanks to you both! I think I'm like 72 so 100 should be a breeze.

According to wowhead, there is one enchanting formula requiring 700 skill.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=190954/...-the-scavenger

... and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    According to wowhead, there is one enchanting formula requiring 700 skill.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=190954/...-the-scavenger

... and that's it.
    Boons are not cast by Enchanters though right? They're augments bought from rep vendors? Or is this one Boon actually part of Enchanting?

Blizzard: Bosses now also have a chance to drop ponies! A pony makes your character better.
    Players: AAARGH ponies are RNG!
    Now it's even harder to be perfect. /unsub
    They should just make ponies baseline.
    LOL @ World of Ponycraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Sounder View Post
    Boons are not cast by Enchanters though right? They're augments bought from rep vendors? Or is this one Boon actually part of Enchanting?
    This one is unique to enchantment (although anyone can use them). Highmountain rep offers a boon that grants meat from kills, rather than silks as this one does. There are other boons that offer similar bonuses, check out the link above and read the first comment there.

Yep, although in reality only the one that rewards blood of sargeras will actually be used, IMO.