Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Unhappy [FIRE] Hiding/disabling the Felo'melorn orb effect

Hi all, I've been looking around but not had any luck so far. Is there any way to hide the orbs for Phoenix's Flame? The indicator is really not needed and they are incredibly distracting and off-putting.

Is there an existing add-on that might accomplish this? I'm pretty minimalist with my UI/add-ons so if there's something around that can achieve this for me, please share it, I'm kinda desperate here!

Thanks so much in advance.

They are a little too much, something like a WoD Destruction warlock's burning embers would be better.

Yeah, they are honestly just too much and we just need an option to get rid of them. At this point I'll take just about anything - add-on, macro, glyph, anything!

Well, if you're gonna take anything .... go to a training dummy, cast Pheonix Flames 3 times. There, it's hidden for 45 seconds :P

ETA: No, there's no real way for you to hide it at the moment. If enough people ask it, Blizz might create a toggle or something, but I doubt it. I like it, anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Audrey View Post
    Yeah, they are honestly just too much and we just need an option to get rid of them. At this point I'll take just about anything - add-on, macro, glyph, anything!
    I absolutely love them. It is silly but they literally double my enjoyment of the spec. I practically chose to reroll fire (between lock and hunter) because of the extra Artifact effects are just so cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Could always go frost...
    Willing to do anything except that.

For the people that posted saying you liked it, while I'm happy for you, I absolutely can't stand it. We definitely need at least a toggle.

Deleted
    There should be 2 glyphs for it, one that hides it and another that makes the flame balls match the colour of your artifact

I don't even notice them. Maybe I'm too zoomed our or I'm paying attention to mobs...idk.

Deleted
    love them so much

i wish they would change colors when you change artifact color. it clashes with pretty much everything except a red transmog...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terror Earth View Post
    There should be 2 glyphs for it, one that hides it and another that makes the flame balls match the colour of your artifact
    This, so much this!!! Best idea!

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    I don't even notice them. Maybe I'm too zoomed our or I'm paying attention to mobs...idk.
    Same. I guess were lucky because it would suck if it bothered me as much as others here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back when I first played Warcraft 3, Kael became my ideal of what a Fire Mage should be. The orbs he used were a part of that and I hoped one day, in WoW, we would get them too.

Now after over a decade we have them (and, rightfully so after they were given in error to Warlocks). I support the option of toggling them off being added...but I don't want them removed. If it becomes a binary choice of everyone having them or everyone not, then I support everyone having them. They are just so perfect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    i wish they would change colors when you change artifact color. it clashes with pretty much everything except a red transmog...
    i wish they can be made green as Kael's Verdant Spheres...

I really just wish that if i choose a different transmog colour that the orbs would change colour too.

Its really weird to switch the sword to purple lets say, have a full purple transmog then these stupid none matching orbs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terror Earth View Post
    This would be good, give options for those that don't like it but can keep it for those who do (which I would guess would be the majority).

As I recall, the floating orbs are a visual animation for your Phoenix Flames.

And the current state is the massively reduced visual from what they where on the Beta?

I don't mind it; But I do kinda wish they would change color with the appearance change, or went away if I transmogged away from my Artifact skin.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Deleted
    When you are trying to take a great screenshot as fire mage:

EDIT: Would like to post a link to a screenshot I took while the orbs are constanly flying through my camera in ego perspective but "I hae to few posts"...

EDIT: Postet it on r/wow

seems like many dislike them. see all that threads popping up in german wow forum, us wow forum, mmoc.

personal i normally hate that kind of things. but with this i would say i am neutral. i just dont care

but i wondering myself more about the fact, that there are less complains about killing original shadow form (the real dark shadow, not showing gear) of priests, than about felomelorn orbs crazy pplz ...

I kind of like them but it really ruins any transmog that isn't red or fiery. I see no problem in a little toggle thing.
    Hi Sephurik