Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

prognosis on ret viability confirmed: i told ya!

see this happy casul having his first pole position (noise warning: u ll want to mute his eruptions of enthusiasm, he develops a concerning state of hysteria). he may be a zergling (0 strats), but even those have to do damage...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkmA2i4AYHI

Most of us weren't complaining about Ret DPS. We complained about the dull rotation, stupid talents and the way how unrewarding the buffs feel.
    I'm pretty sure Ret DPS will be fine as in we won't be #1 but we also won't be the last in Skada (hopefully)

Ret DPS is decent, its everything else thats terrible :P

Edit: ST DPS*
    Last edited by Snegovik; 2016-08-31 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Ret DPS is decent, its everything else thats terrible :P
    I've been told our AoE is graet, and that we have very goodestest Utility, namely offheals, support buffs and Hands of Blessings.

@Storm the Sorrow , u can;t trust what ppl say on internet :P they try to deceive you. I mean girls tell to other girls that if you stand on ur head upside down for 30 minutes, she won't get pregnant if a couple did not use protection :P.
    Last edited by Snegovik; 2016-08-31 at 12:15 AM.

@Storm the Sorrow , u can;t trust what ppl say on internet :P they try to deceive you. I mean girls tell to other girls that if you stand on ur head upside down for 30 minutes, she won't get pregnant if a couple did not use protection :P.
    but what about numerous immunities and very improved mobility?
    You can talent for a lot of sprints these days I heard
    Or you can augment AoE and do AoE

I dont get the hate for ret, i actually realy like the spec, crusader strike with charges was HUGE for me

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    but what about numerous immunities and very improved mobility?
    You can talent for a lot of sprints these days I heard
    Or you can augment AoE and do AoE
    lol.... those players in their pink glasses should encounter a good MM hunter, WW or a good Fire mage =) that should slam broken their glasses in a brick wall of reality

lol.... those players in their pink glasses should encounter a good MM hunter, WW or a good Fire mage =) that should slam broken their glasses in a brick wall of reality
    PvP doesn't matter!

Slaying of the Scripted Dragons is what really matters!
    We are balanced around balanced skilled gameplay with lots of difficult decisions!
    You can spec into procs to spice your rotations up!

PvP doesn't matter!

We are balanced around balanced skilled gameplay with lots of difficult decisions!
    LoL storm its good to have u back.

Btw no1 is happy with their mobility, apparently DH Havoc players complain that they have terrible mobility, that they get kited, they need a root breaker on their FR ability :P.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    I dont get the hate for ret, i actually realy like the spec, crusader strike with charges was HUGE for me

xpacs of agony... develop certain agenda.

I've been told our AoE is graet, and that we have very goodestest Utility, namely offheals, support buffs and Hands of Blessings.
    sry, but 440k JV (AW+crit) is a VIP-ticket.

i`ve been toying with WoG, SoL, DP lately, esp. SoL is underestimated, it could use a 2. HoF, though, but i never liked too hybridy builds. retribution is about massive payback, teh last line. the only support role final retaliation should slot is to nuke those infidels with itz Holy Wrath.

btw- Savix has some pretty 1v2 entertrainment up, a worthy example how to adapt this new playstyle into God Tier.

very late edit: ret mediocre toolkit was never a reason to choose ret for pvp due to itz sustained damage issues and tunnels.
    Last edited by mmocdfc202a8dc; 2016-08-31 at 02:30 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    PvP doesn't matter!

Except PvP does matter to a lot of people and honestly slaying scripted dragons gets really old really fast. The dps for ret pallys maybe "fine", but the class is so boring to play now. Blizzard went with the all flash and no substance approach with ret and it really shows.

Everything I say is absolute. If you disagree, you're a communist.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damage means very little if you can't stand to play the Spec for too long. I almost fell asleep playing Ret grind Tomes on my old main. I don't have much positive for Rets in Legion.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Avenging Wrath View Post
    btw- Savix has some pretty 1v2 entertrainment up, a worthy example how to adapt this new playstyle into God Tier.

very late edit: ret mediocre toolkit was never a reason to choose ret for pvp due to itz sustained damage issues and tunnels.
    Those mage / shadow he 1v2 were terrible, mage did not peel, shadow did not heal/kite properly. If you watch few streams where Savix left with a half brained mage 1v1, he loses the game, cuz mage kites him /eats kites/eats and eventually wins :P.

btw check out Xuen's DH recent video, he runs Havoc/Outlaw/Hpriest and they literately global healers in 2-3 globals with stacking dmg buffs from Hpriest, Rogue's tricks, armor swap. After watching bursty comp like that, Ret's dmg looks like high school girl's punch vs Heavy Weight MMA fighter
    Last edited by Snegovik; 2016-08-31 at 02:48 AM.

Deleted
    PvP viability you mean. I don't see why this video proves that though. Just some random playing the game? *shrugs* I'm sure theres better metrics for this viability.

Not saying its not viable. I don't pvp with Ret. But this video can't possibly constitute evidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think his action bars say everything there is to know about Ret currently, damage notwithstanding.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamandrac View Post
    Except PvP does matter to a lot of people and honestly slaying scripted dragons gets really old really fast. The dps for ret pallys maybe "fine", but the class is so boring to play now. Blizzard went with the all flash and no substance approach with ret and it really shows.
    You must be new to the ways of the Storm.

15+ Year Old Account
    To be honest I don't visit these forums much anymore so I am probably out of the loop when it comes to that.

Everything I say is absolute. If you disagree, you're a communist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamandrac View Post
    Storm never indicates his posts with /s, i doubt he knows the difference ;D

prior 7.0 ret had a 14 FCFS rota, which substance was burst and procs=lottery. but that substance was not sufficient enough above 2,4k, missing sustained damage, vulnerability to tunnelz due to bubble dispel. revamped substance followed this community-wide critiques: sustained damage (feel free to queue skirmish for praxis test) and still the mightiest burst on Azeroth, u even may have ur lottery (/edit which i refer to as russian roulette with an automic, cuz reason cant rely on rngsus).
    a win, even if rota seems boring to gambling addicts.

Those mage / shadow he 1v2 were terrible, mage did not peel, shadow did not heal/kite properly. If you watch few streams where Savix left with a half brained mage 1v1, he loses the game, cuz mage kites him /eats kites/eats and eventually wins :P.
    said bodybuilder mage was prior to 8.24 buff.. he would have won this. he also had a lot of dates at OG gates, where he could not LoS, but still won vs. competent fire, frost, rog.
    quoted comp btw is just one of 84.

btw check out Xuen's DH recent video, he runs Havoc/Outlaw/Hpriest and they literately global healers in 2-3 globals with stacking dmg buffs from Hpriest, Rogue's tricks, armor swap. After watching bursty comp like that, Ret's dmg looks like high school girl's punch vs Heavy Weight MMA fighter
    damage doesnt matter at all, hm? said casul, that doesnt constitute evidence, but indicates the positive potential of revamp, like Savix, 2-shots heal (MW?) - what is my experience, but i dont stream. i bookmarked it 4 2morrow, offtime now.

1 last comment:
    said casul is ur (hysteric) average 1500 pl, he just facerolls, now imagine what 2,8k xp is capable with this revamp.
    do u know, what a self-fulfilling-prophecy is, Snegovik? itz the consequence of deprivation, which is traumatic neglection. most ret will understand that being refused to enter 2,4k+ teams due to missing sustained damage, mediocre toolkit and no real def (bubble dispelable) is agony.
    Last edited by mmocdfc202a8dc; 2016-08-31 at 03:47 AM.

First 60 seconds of combat I saw a hunter not using concussive shot and a rogue blow someone up the Ret player took credit for. I have played end game BGs in the beta, and we can put up some nice AoE number if we try hard for it, Still doesn't help us in ranked PvP where it counts.