9 20.93%

10 23.26%

3 6.98%

4 9.30%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sabe View Post
    Hope it is around 4 million or less. So they start considering vanilla servers.

Never give up the dream, dude. And in this case, you're definitely dreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    7-8 milion max - the fact that yesterday there was no que on Draenor-EU around 17:00 when 2 years ago there was already 8 hour que if you tried to log in at that moment speaks very loudly how much players they lost.
    Well im gonna disagree because when i logged in at 16:50 i was sat in a 16 min queue i was somewhere around 1160 give or take cant quite remember.
    I sat on Teamspeak with a m8 chatting away wasting the mins and then saw i had the BF1 beta key in my email so i ended up logging into wow roughly 17:10ish then logged out to play BF1 lol bit of a waste..

So yea i bit of a queue but not as drastic as before which was a piss take in Wod.

Also not going to vote the poll is scewed...7mill to 10mill lol yea maybe if i was a fanboy but more realistically i would say somewhere between 4-5.5 mill currently as my guess.
    Last edited by Suggs; 2016-08-31 at 06:00 AM.

6m-7+m

Looked at the forums, remembered how many returned for WOD, not even comparable to WOD numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Wow Census is showing 3.7 million characters online in the last day. So for the US/EU, you're probably looking at 4 million sold, on top of the 2.5-3 million still playing last week. (The graph has been bouncing around the same levels for a while.)

I'd feel comfortable with 7 million for EU/US. China, no clue. Probably won't see Blizzard announcing anything unless they break a record.

I'm not playing Legion, but it looks like they may have brought a lot of people back - and the groundwork is there to keep a good number of them around a while. So, I don't think WoW's death is imminent - or any case for vanilla servers being made. Sorry, guys. WoW is most likely back.
    a lot of people preordered though
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Deleted
    EU/US has no more than 3 million. These days it's probably less than 2 million. China has always been the dominating contributor with 50%+ subscribers.

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    where is the proof?
    blizzard claims they aren't reporting subs anymore so where the fuck did you pull those numbers out from
    So what's the point of this thread, when all you can get is numbers pull out of places?
    Why ask for proof when none are available?
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

You can judge yourself by visiting the Server status page and see how many low, medium, high pop realms there are. By now I would expect a message from Blizz stating how they had to extend realm population cap due to high ques. But that didn't happen nor it will.

Interesting is that Ravencrest EU is now listed as for new players, which was always a high pop realm for alliance, inspite of having plenty of low pop servers available.

Another que to the total number of subscribers are token prices. They are all time low atm since the release of tokens. Which could mean 2 things. 1. Demand is really low, no players to buy them. Or 2. Blizz is tempering with prices in order to draw potential buyers / subscribers with low token prices. I expected that token prices would be the highest at this time because of returning players buying them, but in contrary it is not the case.
    Last edited by sivistojko; 2016-08-31 at 06:11 AM.

then why would you open the topic and make a comment
    To show my contempt for this trollthread, obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sivistojko View Post
    You can judge yourself by visiting the Server status page and see how many low, medium, high pop realms there are. By now I would expect a message from Blizz stating how they had to extend realm population cap due to high ques. But that didn't happen nor it will.

Interesting is that Ravencrest EU is now listed as for new players, which was always a high pop realm for alliance, inspite of having plenty of low pop servers available.

Another que to the total number of subscribers are token prices. They are all time low atm since the release of tokens. Which could mean 2 things. 1. Demand is really low, no players to buy them. Or 2. Blizz is tempering with prices in order to draw potential buyers / subscribers with low token prices. I expected that token prices would be the highest at this time because of returning players buying them, but in contrary it is not the case.
    they probably just reset token cost back to 35k when 7.0 began

so supply and demand can start fresh
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

7-8mil.
    Alot of my 'i'm not gonna back again to this game' are playing again.

10+ Year Old Account
    i told blizzard months ago they needed to prepare(by some mirracle they read all my suggestions for years now)
    basically the first 3 months
    before most people were even 110 in w.o.d
    3mill quit
    this was before they even new about garrison and flying issues
    it was before garrison and flying complaints began
    and they lost 3 mill
    the only thing that could of caused it was all the lag and server crashes and giant queues

i estimate around extra 1mill left (total 4mill) due to flying
    extra 1 mill left(total 5mill) due to they scrapped faralon and only they built garrisons incorrectly(it should of functioned similar to current class halls)

if blizzard truly did fix their servers
    and do not scrap anything
    then they could have a bright future of sustaining 9-10mill subs for the entire 2016 and 2017 then in 2018 they would slowly go down like a normal expansion
    I am going to call bullshit on your conspiracy theory, which of course was your entire reason for posting this thread. IF Blizzard did anything it certainly wasn't because YOU told them to. You might have been one of a group, but the folks at Blizzard didn't magically decide to listen to YOU specifically.

- - - Updated - - -

where is the proof?
    blizzard claims they aren't reporting subs anymore so where the fuck did you pull those numbers out from
    Same place you pulled your numbers from...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Wow Census is showing 3.7 million characters online in the last day. So for the US/EU, you're probably looking at 4 million sold, on top of the 2.5-3 million still playing last week. (The graph has been bouncing around the same levels for a while.)

I'd feel comfortable with 7 million for EU/US. China, no clue. Probably won't see Blizzard announcing anything unless they break a record.
    Awesome numbers you pulled there. Link to WoW Census showing 3.7M players in the last day? Oh yeah add 60% of everyone who you already counted on some flaky website (because they are already playing, naturally), for good measure. 2 Million here, 3 there, might as well just say 45 million accounts are active by your math. Good job.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-08-31 at 06:26 AM.

a lot of people preordered though

Doesn't change my assessment at all. They probably sold a decent number of copies. Not Wrath numbers, but 4 million is pretty damned good, for any game.
    That many sales would most definitely ensure continued production of WoW, for a couple more expansions.

Will they keep them, that's the story. They failed in WOD, but it looks like Legion has enough to keep people around a while - and once word goes out that it's not WOD again, and decent, more will return. I saw a LOT of "I'm waiting until after launch to decide" comments over the last year.

Legion has nothing to interest me, but being honest - they seem to be doing great. One they get past launch week and the first raid tier opens, we'll see how it's going. So far so good, all of my negative feelings towards WOW aside.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Awesome numbers you pulled there. Link to WoW Census showing 3.7M players in the last day? Oh yeah add 60% of everyone who you already counted on some flaky website, for good measure. 2 Million here, 3 there, might as well just say 45 million accounts are active by your math. Good job.

Did you really think, after all the other times I fell for your bullshit, I'd fall for it now?

LOL.

Shoo, troll. Go cry in the vanilla thread.

personally I feel that it has less than WoD atm.

Probably around 3,5 - 4 million atm.

Will dip shortly though when people wise up to just how grindy legion is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    well that's very narcissistic of you to expect everyone to like the same movies as you
    i don't like romance movies they make me depressed
    i have never seen that movie
    I've never seen it and I know the quote. You aren't doing yourself any favors by continuing to make yourself look more stupid by getting a burr up your ass when they explain the quote to you.

The queues for LFG is 50-60 minutes. Go figure.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say 7-9mil. Getting subs at the start of an expansion has never been wows issue. Its holding them over the length. WoD lost so many because of the utterly pathetic amount of content in 2 years. If they really say they have learnt from that and plan alot more content this time around they will have no issue holding subs. If they don't they will lose them all again.
    Aye mate

Likely 5m WoD lost a LOT of subs (WoW's largest sub loss iirc). People are waiting. They're waiting for a few months to see if Legion is worth it, they're stalking these forums, seeing what people are saying about Legion, just like I am.