Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Who else enjoyed seeing Admiral Rogers destroy the pride of the Alliance airfleet in an illegal attack?

The intro cinematic has Admiral Rogers clearly state that they have been ordered to not engage unless conditions demand it and I doubt that a sneak attack from cloud cover counts as conditions demanding it, her court martial for losing her command during an illegal attack will be very interesting.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

So Sylvanas fanboys are basically saying that she is SO VERY STRONG AND POWERFUL but was bitch slapped and outsmarted by a semi-naked crazy old man?

That's even more humiliating!

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Where Sylvanas shot a poisoned arrow into his shoulder, Genn sacrificed actually hurting her to steal away the item she needed to secure her immortality. He sacrificed the kill to ruin her plans.

Did...did you really not understand this?
    wtf, you really thing this?
    how genn cant take the lantern after killed sylvanas, by stupidity?
    he clearly cant do nothing to her, he simply do the only thing with possibility of success :|

Deleted
    I get mad everytime i see Greymane because all i want is a transmog like his...but there is no awesome capes like that in the game.

*feelsbadman

Genn only caused a setback.
    His stupidity will be his death
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I mean...what I saw is Greymane get his ass handed to him and spite Sylvanas with his last effort. He did a good job but I think it's kind of interesting that Sylvanas didn't follow him to get revenge, and in fact seemed kinda disinterested in the whole thing until Genn screwed up her plan.

That being said, it really does make me kinda disappointed that Sylvanas' big plan can be seemingly summed up as "Get a lantern from Helya that (assumedly) traps spirits, use it on Valkyr, rule all the Valkyr." Kind of boring and predictable.
    well genn means nothing to her, she has bigger fish to fry

So did Greymane die? I played it from the Horde perspective (felt really weird that as the Highlord I'm helping the Lich Queen achieve immortality but whatever..) but we saw Greymane get shot by that arrow and then wander off and we don't know what happened to him.

It's kinda funny that Greymane nailed the "noble savage" thing harder than the Orcs or Horde have in a long time.

Greymane's whole shtick is surprisingly human and believable, too. Sylvanas has hurt him, and he's angry. He wanted revenge. He got revenge. He got some satisfaction out of it. Not many characters get to follow a neat little curve like that. They also managed to get the whole thing packed into one zone, instead of something like Garrosh's agonisingly spread-out story.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2016-08-31 at 03:42 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyria View Post
    So Sylvanas fanboys are basically saying that she is SO VERY STRONG AND POWERFUL but was bitch slapped and outsmarted by a semi-naked crazy old man?

That's even more humiliating!
    Maybe we did not see the same thing, Sylvanas got away with 0 dmg grenn almost died.

Mainly playing Horde, I still hope Sylvanas dies very soon.

I hope this is what Greymane has in mind to be honest. Not directly killing her, but keep making her plans fail over and over again, just like this, to have her become absolutely desperate and suffer even more as well as suffering over being undead.

Her plot bikini is becoming boring.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    god it was so good, i noticed right away "WAIT WHERE DID IT GO.... OHHHHH SHIT SYLV YOU GOT FUCKED BITCH!" was so awesome :P

and im happy, genn won, he could have gone back to kill her, but he knew he just owned her, he knew he won, he stopped her plan, and he walked off like a BOSS
    I did not!
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    So did Greymane die? I played it from the Horde perspective (felt really weird that as the Highlord I'm helping the Lich Queen achieve immortality but whatever..) but we saw Greymane get shot by that arrow and then wander off and we don't know what happened to him.
    He survived.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Maybe we did not see the same thing, Sylvanas got away with 0 dmg grenn almost died.
    Maybe it was never Greymane's intention to kill Sylvanas there but to just get rid of that item.

He didn't "almost die" either. He walked out of there calmly.

How can you call a worgen fist to the face "0 damage." Sylvanas took damage as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    This was a real "fist pumping" moment. Fuck Sylvannas, fuck her val'kyr and fuck the forsaken. God that was awesome, take those sylvannas fan boys off their "OH GREYMANE DOESN'T STAND A CHANCE AGAINST SYLVANNAS HE CAN'T DO ANYTHING"

Fuck them, that was awesome, like god i've been waiting for someone to throw Sylvannas off her high throne she thinks she's on.

"You took my sons future away, so I took away yours" HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGHHHHHHHH yasssssssssssss greymane.
    Yet. She still has a future...She is still progressing as a character. Genn's son is well not progressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    Oh but he did little kangadoo! He stole the banshees chance for immortality =)
    And probably saved Azeroth from another undead invasion.
    I've had this wierd idea floating around my head after reading this thread and watching the cinematic. Syvanas has lost her quest for immortality...I guess for now. Which makes no sense, her going from suicidal on Icecrown to 'I wanna live forever!", but I'm sure it's all in one of those awful WoW books.

So anyway - and yes, this is PURE speculation and I cannot prove anything in the lore to support it, but...they're setting her up to be the next Lich Queen. And the Legion will be involved - but instead of being a Legion puppet, she'll take the crown, and take control of Northrend, where her people and the rest of the undead can live unmolested, forever. Or however the forsaken "live". Or until they fall apart. Whatever. Hell, maybe Sylvanas with go to Icecrown and offer to switch seats with him, so he can go be a hero in the war, and she can save her people from undead death. Or something.

Someone takes over as Horde chief, something something happens with Bolvar, Sylvanas helps to fuck over Archimonde or whoever from Icecrown, Gilneas is liberated and that story arc ended, we all go home happy at the end of the expansion, after Anduin says something Kosak-y about "honor" and "light".

Seems like they're intent on "redeeming" everyone, and retiring all the older lore characters, so that would get rid of Bolvar and Sylvanas, and allow new characters in to lead the Horde, and Bolvar could be saved from being the king of the damned for eternity. Or something.

They're setting her up for something...so who knows. Or is this too ambitious and creative for Kosak and crew?

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    I've had this wierd idea floating around my head after reading this thread and watching the cinematic. Syvanas has lost her quest for immortality...I guess for now. Which makes no sense, her going from suicidal on Icecrown to 'I wanna live forever!", but I'm sure it's all in one of those awful WoW books.

So anyway - and yes, this is PURE speculation and I cannot prove anything in the lore to support it, but...they're setting her up to be the next Lich Queen. And the Legion will be involved - but instead of being a Legion puppet, she'll take the crown, and take control of Northrend, where her people and the rest of the undead can live unmolested, forever. Or however the forsaken "live". Or until they fall apart. Whatever. Hell, maybe Sylvanas with go to Icecrown and offer to switch seats with him, so he can go be a hero in the war, and she can save her people from undead death. Or something.

Someone takes over as Horde chief, something something happens with Bolvar, Sylvanas helps to fuck over Archimonde or whoever from Icecrown, Gilneas is liberated and that story arc ended, we all go home happy at the end of the expansion, after Anduin says something Kosak-y about "honor" and "light".

Seems like they're intent on "redeeming" everyone, and retiring all the older lore characters, so that would get rid of Bolvar and Sylvanas, and allow new characters in to lead the Horde, and Bolvar could be saved from being the king of the damned for eternity. Or something.

They're setting her up for something...so who knows. Or is this too ambitious and creative for Kosak and crew?
    Sylvanas has become a very washed out character, so it's pretty much time to shelf her completely, hopefully by letting her die a fourth time, and this time permanently.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have not done the quest yet as I have only been doing alts getting their weapon and bases established..... so many alts. But does it state Sylv is after immortality or is it she is trying to find a way to repopulate the Forsaken? I know many Alliance players are pretty 2 dimensional when it comes to looking from another race's perspective but was this perhaps more in line of Genn 'sterilizing' the forsaken rather than giving Sylvannas more quarters for continues? Seemed like the Valk were needed to rez new ones but I am not sure if the 'lesser' valk that were used in Anderhol could make fully self aware forsaken or just zombie fodder.

Did I miss part of the cinematic?

What happened to our characters ? I went there with Genn and then it just starts cinematic with no explanation wtf was I doing. Cinematic end and npc are like "oh good you are awake". What happened to player char during that time?

cant wait for the "Genn dies" patch in Legion

although I fear for the mental stabiltiy of some posters when that happens

I dont understand why she just lets him walk away. He had an arrow in his chest and was booted out of worgen form limping... and im sure she was pissed why would she just watch him leave lol kinda dumb. Maybe she did it out of respect of him playing her so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Koreche View Post
    I dont understand why she just lets him walk away. He had an arrow in his chest and was booted out of worgen form limping... and im sure she was pissed why would she just watch him leave lol kinda dumb. Maybe she did it out of respect of him playing her so hard.
    she is warchief and has much more to think about and balance then just personal vendettas/revenge

Horde warchief killing the alliance mutt would be a pretty hefty escalation