Quote Originally Posted by OrcinusDrake View Post
    1-0.97^n

/10char
    Which translates too "it's really good for AOE tanking even with the DR".

The DR clause is really just there to prevent you from gathering 34 mobs and being invincible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got to say, I'm not hating Blessed Hammer as much as I thought I would...

Also, spoilers I guess? But the Prot artifact quest was SUPER short. Was a little disappointed...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Got to say, I'm not hating Blessed Hammer as much as I thought I would...

Also, spoilers I guess? But the Prot artifact quest was SUPER short. Was a little disappointed...
    Prot takes ages because of all the traveling back and forth, super annoying. I finished my Vengeance quest in 6 minutes. They're very quick for all classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Freds1234 View Post
    Prot takes ages because of all the traveling back and forth, super annoying.
    Those moments when you're glad to be an engineer and can use wormhole to howling fjord...

Too bad my mage isn't, had to fly from dragonblight to nexus the slow way (arcane artifact). Ele shaman was annoying too, there isn't even a fp near the end of vale of eternal blossoms to afk nicely.

It's just weird some artifact questlines duplicate itself or at least parts. Doing arcane mage one, seeing disc priests all over the place. Affli lock, seeing boomkins and UH DKs. Blood DK, seeing MM hunters. Wish they made it unique and not reuse any parts.

I am a Holy Paladin leveling as a Protection Paladin in Legion. I have a question concerning my artifact buid, as I am planning to invest 13 points in Truthguard.

As a Protection Paladin it seems to be best (as far as I have read in guides so far) to go straigt to the Tyr's Enforcer talent. This, however, requires 14 points in total.

Since I am going to play Holy Paladin as a main specc, does it make more sense to just invest 11 points to Bulwark of Order talent?

I plan on only tanking the occasional dungeon and using protection for solo content.

Thanks in advance for any advice! It's appreciated!

PS. Sorry, would have posted links to an Artifact calculator, but I don't have enough posts on this forum yet (not allowed to post URLs).

I wouldn't invest that many points in at all. With no major talents you can easily do anything besides mythic dungeons, and doing 11 points wouldn't necessarily be a huge setback on your main weapon, just unnecessary. Most healers I know are just getting the base artifact and leaving it baseline and dropping all their AP on their healer artifact.

Yeah, just go traitless. You can still pull 5+ and mow them down.

Not putting in points is pointless (ayyy)
    The amount of AP needed to go from like 21 to 22 (or 22 to 23) is the same as going from 1 to 17 on alt artifact.
    Getting an almost equal OS art > 1 point in MS.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Not putting in points is pointless (ayyy)
    The amount of AP needed to go from like 21 to 22 (or 22 to 23) is the same as going from 1 to 17 on alt artifact.
    Getting an almost equal OS art > 1 point in MS.
    From what I've read the consensus seems to be that investing 13 points in your off specc makes almost no difference (you'll have spent ~6000 artifact points with your first 13, and the 14th costs ~60000 artifact points itself).

I've decided to get the golden Bulwark of Order trait with my 11th point, since it's asorb has been buffed in the latest hotfix, and then switch to my Holy artifact.

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post
    I've been playing wow for over 8 years now. Played healing specs, dps specs but never got a tank spec as main.
    I did try all tanking specs but i always had some trouble doing it. Perhaps the stress of tanking, the visibility it brings and/or the overall combination of playing the rotation+ boss mechanics + speed + positioning always got me thinking i was a terrible tank.

I've tried protection paladin now and i can say for the first time in 8 years i've confortable and feel confident and safe playing a tank.

I know that this is probably what most "hardcore" players want to hear the least (means the spec is perhaps too easy to play), but you got to hand it to blizz, they finaly made a tank spec that is confortable to more "stressed" and anxious players.

I honestly feel i'm in control of every situation. I have adequate mobility, good cooldowns when things go south, i have good healing control when the healers or mechanics demand its use, i actualy have good damage to ensure i won't lose mobs, i have adequate AOE, i have a good amount of buttons to press in my "rotation", i have good mitigation, etc.

I know that this forums are realy all about hardcore min/max players in hardcore/mythic guilds and for them i sympathize if you think the spec is too low-skill, but realy i am over-the-moon in joy that finaly there is a tank spec that is so near "perfect" as this one. It's downfall might be that is not too engaging in its rotation, but realy, it's the least of the concerns since it has everything else that is demanded of a good tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    Honestly after tanking mythics last night on a 710 ilevel Pally, I feel like Prot Paladin is more challenging to play than either Prot War or DK.

There's this idea going around that Prot Pally is the "easy mode" tank, and I don't agree at all.

With my War and DK I never felt in danger, no matter the odds.

Meanwhile, on my Pally, I quickly discovered that i have to be on point constantly, or I'll simply get smoked.

Tactical and meaningful useage of SoTR is literally the difference between failure and success. I noticed very quickly that if I got lazy with my SoTR, my health would simply evaporate. I like this honestly.

I'm not sure why many feel that Pallies are the easy mode tank. Perhaps it's just me, but from my experience with the other tanks, Pallies are at the very least middle of the road when it comes to difficulty.
    Oddly enough, I agree with both comments. On the one hand, my lower health pool and the lockout nature of some of our CDs mean I have more to think about on my pally than my other tanks, but on the other hand I have more tools and a more versatile overall toolkit than any of my other tanks.

I've got a DK, Bear, and Warrior I'll probably play at some point, but for now my idea is to co-main my Paladin and Demon Hunter. The Demon Hunter drives more like a sports car, while my Paladin is the Cadillac - plenty of power and all the bells & whistles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baeldin View Post
    Well the poll didn't ask which one is the most punishing, it asked which one requires the most skill to play well. Those are two different things.
    Yeah I did that poll and could have worded it better. I would agree with the low skill floor, high skill ceiling assessment.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Alright, I can't seem to find any answer on this, and whether or not I'm staring myself blind at Wowhead, but it says Judgment has a 12 sec cooldown and I can't find any passive or anything that reduces the cooldown, but my paladins Judgment has a CD of 5~ seconds

Haven't tried Holy or Ret yet, is the base CD 6 seconds for Prot but "hidden"?
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Alright, I can't seem to find any answer on this, and whether or not I'm staring myself blind at Wowhead, but it says Judgment has a 12 sec cooldown and I can't find any passive or anything that reduces the cooldown, but my paladins Judgment has a CD of 5~ seconds

Haven't tried Holy or Ret yet, is the base CD 6 seconds for Prot but "hidden"?
    Some skill cooldowns are lowered by Haste. You should see their cooldown on tooltip in green instead of normal white.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaestrasz View Post
    Some skill cooldowns are lowered by Haste. You should see their cooldown on tooltip in green instead of normal white.
    Yes I know, but there's no way I'm reducing 12 down to 5.22 with 15% haste :-3
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=53592/guarded-by-the-light
    Effect #5 Apply Aura: Modifies Cooldown (11)
    Value: -50 milliseconds%
    Affected Spells:
    Judgment
    Gotta love all those hidden passives...

Have new results with Consec Hammer and Crusader's Judgment.
    But didnt' show anything new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone explain if I am doing something wrong with my class hall campaign?

I read that the Blood of our Enemy should take eight hours for each of the five missions... My first mission was eight hours, but my second one was ONE DAY and eight hours. Did they change it, am I doing something wrong? My current mission started last night at like 6pm and it still has over thirteen hours left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Can someone explain if I am doing something wrong with my class hall campaign?
    Really hope that's a bug, just started this quest myself and I was annoyed when I thought it was 8 hours per quest, if it's 1 day 8 hours... Well, fuck that.

Although, there is an enemy debuff that increases the time missions take to complete, did you counter all the enemies when you sent the mission off? I can't see it adding a whole freaking DAY to completion time, but I wouldn't put anything past them at this point.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Commander Born won't let me recruit any Silver Hand Knights ever since he showed up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    Commander Born won't let me recruit any Silver Hand Knights ever since he showed up.
    This may be a stupid question... But do you have any squads of Knights waiting to be recruited from the flag?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Really hope that's a bug, just started this quest myself and I was annoyed when I thought it was 8 hours per quest, if it's 1 day 8 hours... Well, fuck that.

Although, there is an enemy debuff that increases the time missions take to complete, did you counter all the enemies when you sent the mission off? I can't see it adding a whole freaking DAY to completion time, but I wouldn't put anything past them at this point.
    Both missions were over 100% chance and had all spells countered.