Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I have absolutely no desire to sub to this xpac. There's no community! Why bother? I'll stick around to see if they in fact do a legacy server in the hopes that it includes a vanilla-style in-game community, but Legion looks like a disaster.

Well, good riddance, and don't let the door hit you on your fat ass on your way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    It's impressive that you've been able to confirm all of this on the first fucking day of the expansion.
    Impressive that you don't lash out at people who claim it's the best expansion ever on the first day of the expansion. But that kind of behaviour shows how it is - almost all critique towards the expansion (here and elsewhere) is met with extreme hostility from current players (mostly with arguments a'la GO PLAY SOMETHING ELSE THEN HURRDURR) as if the complaints were against their own firstborn child lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    Impressive that you don't lash out at people who claim it's the best expansion ever on the first day of the expansion. But that kind of behaviour shows how it is - almost all critique towards the expansion (here and elsewhere) is met with extreme hostility from current players (mostly with arguments a'la GO PLAY SOMETHING ELSE THEN HURRDURR) as if the complaints were against their own firstborn child lol.
    I didn't "lash out" and I dont expect people to say it's the best ever on the first day, but writing it off as a disaster 12 hours in is moronic.
    Beta Club Brosquad

I didn't "lash out" and I dont expect people to say it's the best ever on the first day, but writing it off as a disaster 12 hours in is moronic.
    And so is claiming it's a good expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    too soon to give a verdict imo, give it a month tops to actually get into it. i just hope gaming websites won't praise legion to high at launch like they did with wod which ended in a disaster xpac

Deleted
    i like the class related quests, the harder difficulty (although it still could be more difficult to me!), the fact that you level beyond 110 (artefact), the strong lore content, scaling zones and scaling gear,... list goes on. so far pretty neat expansion :-)

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    You can't possibly be serious.

However assuming that you are actually serious, if no flight until later is a deal breaker for you, I feel like playing WoW probably isn't good for your health regardless.
    I played Legion beta and I also chose not to buy and wait until flight is close to being implemented. Legion has potential but I hate no flight and not having it still doesn't feel right. I skipped most of WOD for same reason but eventually played it when it was free. So basically WoW has to be free before I will tolerate no flying for longer than a month or so.

I also think AP is way too grindy but since I no longer can raid it doesn't really bother me. But if I still did play in a top 1% guild, I think I would get really burned out from it.

I will say some positive things. The zones are beautiful though I would have preferred to see from the air too. I liked the lore and zone storylines. The dungeons were good. I loved my class campaign. I liked seeing closure to some old questions like what is under Tirisfal. And there is lots to do. But flight was still a deal breaker for me because not having it affects every single thing I'd want to do in the world. I will buy Legion eventually. I see no reason to buy it now and deal with months if not a year of no flight.
    Last edited by rebecca191; 2016-08-31 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    All we have to compare currently is launch. Legion obviously hasn't had the time to get the "support" it's supposed to. So if you are going to make a FAIR comparison you have to compare legion launch to WoD launch. NOT Legion Launch to WoD after 2 years.
    Exactly what I am saying. But as the title of the thread reads: Legion looks to be like a huge step forward and people are screaming left and right that there is already more content to do then in the entirety of WoD...
    You see my beef?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    I absolutely felt this in Dragonblight. From the moment you step into Wintergarde everything is so grim and hopeless, you do your best to aid the situation and make a difference but you still can't help losing comrades and ground, but all throughout you keep hearing the others talk about Bolvar. We have to hold on for Bolvar, once the Highlord comes back everything will be ok, he is gonna make things right, he will bring the Light with him, you'll see! And near the end, when we are ready to face off against the lich Thel'zan and we are overpowered by his magic, utterly hopeless, what happens? There he is, storming through the entrance of the crypt, his roar like thunder and his presence bolstering every soldier in that room. His words alone break the lich's spell and he commands us to victory. That feeling of being a soldier in the awe inspiring presence of something so much larger than yourself.

That's gone now.
    Oh wow... I got chills from reading your response to mine

Thank you for making me relive that scene!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Struggle View Post
    I'm curious how someone can suggest this when the game hasn't even been out for 24 hours yet...
    Because he "works" for Blizzard.
    Post some comments, then get $5

The game has lots of reused areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Exactly what I am saying. But as the title of the thread reads: Legion looks to be like a huge step forward and people are screaming left and right that there is already more content to do then in the entirety of WoD...
    You see my beef?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wow... I got chills from reading your response to mine

Thank you for making me relive that scene!!!!
    There is objectively significantly more content than in WoD so your point makes little sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Because he "works" for Blizzard.
    Post some comments, then get $5

The game has lots of reused areas.
    Like what?
    Beta Club Brosquad

There is objectively significantly more content than in WoD so your point makes little sense.
    Huh? I am saying that people cannot say there is more content in Legion right now. Because it is too early. WoD indeed objectively has more content available right now vs Legion. So it is "objectively" too early to tell if Legion will beat WoD. Is it looking good? Perhaps.

So sorry to say: your reaction to my post makes little sense... as what I wrote is the exact opposite to what you thought I wrote.

Huh? I am saying that people cannot say there is more content in Legion right now. Because it is too early. WoD indeed objectively has more content available right now vs Legion. So it is "objectively" too early to tell if Legion will beat WoD. Is it looking good? Perhaps.

So sorry to say: your reaction to my post makes little sense... as what I wrote is the exact opposite to what you thought I wrote.
    No, you couldn't read my post. Legion objectively has more content than WoD, aside from upcoming raid tiers. There is more stuff to do outside of raids than there was in WoD, where your options were idling in your garrison or... That's basically it.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    This expansion mix elements of older expansions but it also has a vanilla aura into it , i never had this feeling since vanilla , its probably the added difficulty to mobs , the main lore... , the landscapes , it really reminds me of vanilla , the dialogues make sense and the scenario has a lot of plot twists compared to wod where it was utterly shit and nonsense. I dont like the cheesiness with the artifacts even though the halls are awesome (at least the priest ones).
    some see it as huge step forward some as huge step backward - depends on the audience - you like slow leveling and i remember the slow leveling fiasco and general whining of mop due to slow and grindy nature of it - time will show who is right but keep in mind all mmorpgs who tried to pose as hardcore are f2p and dead now - lets hope wow dont follow them

No, you couldn't read my post. Legion objectively has more content than WoD, aside from upcoming raid tiers. There is more stuff to do outside of raids than there was in WoD, where your options were idling in your garrison or... That's basically it.
    Ah right I did read yours wrong. But.... sofar we haven't seen any content yet that is overal more then in WoD. I am not defending WoD btw. I really disliked WoD. But we are currently "all" in the leveling process. And the leveling process and the things you do around them are imo about the same as it was in WoD. Once you started raiding .... from that moment onwards WoD failed. We'll have to see what happens in Legion.

From technical view, it was good. I got 0 dc, 0 lag and 0 waiting queue for entering servers. Servers was alive never died at least servers that I play. When we come to gameplay, there are lots of changes make me happy. I like to carry Doomhammer but I dont like Thrall saying me 'U are better than me' or sth like that. What is that I cant be better than THRALL! Anyway, I liked garrison and I like hall too. It is like I got a home in game, and I am not a normal person. It feels good after 14 years I am not a normal one, I got a rank for Azeroth

iam happy all around, but especially because rogue pick pocketing back in action : D

Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-08-31 at 02:05 PM.

Ah right I did read yours wrong. But.... sofar we haven't seen any content yet that is overal more then in WoD. I am not defending WoD btw. I really disliked WoD. But we are currently "all" in the leveling process. And the leveling process and the things you do around them are imo about the same as it was in WoD. Once you started raiding .... from that moment onwards WoD failed. We'll have to see what happens in Legion.
    Well I saw a lot more than just the leveling process because I played a lot of the beta, so I've seen Legion at 110 and it already has more stuff to do than WoD had even after 6.2.3.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Huge step forward? What new aspect to the game are we experiencing? :P

As a player that started in beta, this feels like the next page in the WoW book, which reads a lot like the pages before it.

You see my beef?
    I do see your beef, but to be fair the title is on point. "Legion LOOKS to be a huge step forward. In earnest, he isn't at all wrong. If you do a comparison to Legion Launch to WoD launch and it Legion has more meaningful content. If you look at WoD at the end and compare it to Legion now. Legion doesn't win out everywhere however, so lets break it down. First lets look at zones.

WoD
    Frostfire
    Gogrond
    Shadowmoon
    Spires
    Talador
    Nagrand

Legion
    Aszuna
    Stormheim
    Highmountain
    Valsharrah
    Suramar

So here, technically WoD wins out by having one more zone. Ostensibly there were only 5 zones per factions since, for the most part, the starting zones had little relevant content for opposing factions. WoD had more landmass, but relevant content for each faction ends up being about the same.

I have not included Tanaan in the WoD list since it really wasn't available at launch as a fully realized questing zone. If you want to include Tanaan however there maybe up to two more zones added in Legion that will act as Tanaan. We still have the Broken Shore that could be reused and the Thaldranath replacement. So in the end it may end up Legion wins out or it may end up as is, which is damn close to equal. There are also other factors that are more subjective or would take more research than I am willing to do. Like Quality of content in those zones, number of quests, whether or not quests taking you to old locations with new content count (something which legion does a lot of) etc etc.

Ok next is Dungeons.

WoD
    Auchindoun
    Bloodmaul Slag Mines
    The Everbloom
    Grimrail Depot
    Iron Docks
    Shadowmoon Burial Grounds
    Skyreach
    Upper Blackrock Spire

Legion
    Black Rook Hold
    Court of Stars
    Darkheart Thicket
    Eye of Azshara
    Halls of Valor
    Maw of Souls
    Neltharion's Lair
    The Arcway
    Vault of the Wardens
    Violet Hold

Here, already Legion wins handily with 10 dungeons as opposed to the 8 we got in WoD. Additionally we will soon get mythic +, giving the dungeons a scaling difficulty with some random factors applied. Giving these more replay-ability out the gate. We also know for sure we are getting Karazhan which is large enough to be two dugeons. Legion is the clear winner here.

Okay lets look at some of the more Subjective stuff.

World Quests vs Dailies
    I feel that world quests are a obvious upgrade to Dailies. Some other don't. But if you also take into account the shear number of world quests created vs Dailies, then it's easy to see how World Quests and Legion win out in the content department.

Suramar vs. Tanaan
    Not gonna speak to quest quality or even quest numbers here because to be frank, I don't know them. What I will say is this, at Legion launch we have a fully realized end game zones ready to go the moment that we hit 110. In WoD (at launch) content that didn't include raiding dried up almost instantly at 100.

Post Cap Character Progression
    Ok this one has a few facets. Lets tackle the big one. Artifacts. I am enjoying the crap out of these at the moment and enjoyed the crap out of them during beta. We are talking months at completing these for the average player. Right away we have a hook, something to do for the foreseeable future for both casuals and hard core players (though the former may look on the AP system unfavorably in some cases).

Next we can look at scaling content and legendary drops. This one is important because this one makes use of content that is already there as opposed to just strong arming more content in. This keeps more content relevant for longer and this is very important. If at any point you could get something that is an upgrade for you, even from a heroic or mythic this keeps that content from going into disuse. WoD dungeons lost all purpose after Highmaul. That is a long long time for a good amount of content to never matter. This same concept applies to world and emissary quests where loot is upgraded to a relevant level and possibly beyond. I am not saying this content will remain relevant throughout all of legion, only that it will stay relevant longer, ostensibly increasing the amount of content.

So in the end, if you look at how legion is supporting the idea of end game progression (espeically outside of raiding), not only with content but in systems that keep the content good for longer, it's not hard to say that Legion "looks" better.

In some ways Legion does outstrip WoD, even at WoDs end and in some ways it has less content, though not by much. Even then if you look at the systems surrounding content in Legion it's subjectively better. Quality over quantity is a thing. The only place where WoD, at it's end, clearly outstrips legion is in Raids. Which is of course not a fair comparison because of the time factor. I will say though that WoD had fantastic raids. So in quality, I don't know who wins yet but I a willing to say that Legion has a lot to measure up to in regards of Raid Quality.
    Last edited by Hexxidecimal; 2016-08-31 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    I agree with you up until this segment. I understand we each have our opinions, but WoD raids were horrible in comparison to other expansions. The story-telling, relevance, and overall mechanics were sub-par, to me. Legion will easily out-do WoD in the raid departments just from the Beta testing I've seen.
    To be truthfull I really enjoyed WoD's raiding the little that I did. This is more an excerpt from a few hardcore raiding friends who said that WoD was terrible in all aspects but raiding. So far the general consensus I see from raiders, aside from the huge drought, that the raids that did exist were very very good. This isn't empirical evidence however, and is only what I can gather from forums and from people in game.