Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Order Hall unity vs. Factional in-fighting

Among those of you who pay any attention to the story - no offense to those who don't, but some of us do - do you find it strange at all that we bounce back and forth between our order halls, where there's strong cross-faction cooperation, and world quests with factional in-fighting, and that one doesn't seem to interfere with the other? The Horde representatives in my order hall don't seem to mind that I just came back from fighting Horde (Stormheim)? Overall I am loving Legion, but that part feels a bit odd.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I think officially, lore wise, the factions are scrambling more than ever before and us as players are overlooking the factions at least for those who pursue the same disciplines in the name of saving azeroth from the legion we can't be bothered to be racist right now. But aside from your buds hanging out in your special place, you still hate them.

Idk I agree that its a bit odd. The faction war hasn't made sense to me in this game for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It is kinda strange. Though I did enjoy forcing vindicator boros to go worgen hunting with me in stormheim.

Though yeah, it would be nice to have a bit of hostility towards me from the humans, Draenei and dwarves under my command.

I hear blood elf hunters get a comment from that bitch Vereesa, why not the rest of us?

Quote Originally Posted by Rilas13 View Post
    I think officially, lore wise, the factions are scrambling more than ever before and us as players are overlooking the factions at least for those who pursue the same disciplines in the name of saving azeroth from the legion we can't be bothered to be racist right now. But aside from your buds hanging out in your special place, you still hate them.

Idk I agree that its a bit odd. The faction war hasn't made sense to me in this game for a long time.
    Maybe it's meant to feel odd. There was no option to tell Genn: "Why are we hunting Sylvannas right now? I agree we can't fully trust her, but is she really our priority at the moment?"

No, if you want to quest in Stormheim, you have to start by hunting Sylvannas. :P

I don't really RP that much, but my main is Tauren Resto druid, wears the Lord of War title. As an Archdruid of the Cenarian Circle... thangs and stuff, so those alliance druids aren't really alliance to me, they are CC and we are higher/better than everyone else. Our feathers say so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Maybe it's meant to feel odd. There was no option to tell Genn: "Why are we hunting Sylvannas right now? I agree we can't fully trust her, but is she really our priority at the moment?"
    Horde side, it's fuck that fucking fucker, let's lit'em up! The opening cinematic is the Sylvanas fleet getting lit up, then you go with Nate to fuck up Genn. We could have been friends. I put out some kibble, Genn and Darius fetch my paper and slippers. But NO, they had to start some shit. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yay, the blood knights will stand by me as I try and hold Azeroth together as Highlord of the Knight of the Silver Hand! What's that Greymane? Were going to kill Sylv? sure count me in!.

Sense = 0, but meh it's a fun expansion.

If I was going to question sense then I would have asked why my first act as Highlord was to reform the Knights of the Silver Hand (and thus disband the Argent Crusade) when it was Tirion himself who merged it with the Argent Dawn but /meh :P

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I don't really RP that much, but my main is Tauren Resto druid, wears the Lord of War title. As an Archdruid of the Cenarian Circle... thangs and stuff, so those alliance druids aren't really alliance to me, they are CC and we are higher/better than everyone else. Our feathers say so.

- - - Updated - - -

Horde side, it's fuck that fucking fucker, let's lit'em up! The opening cinematic is the Sylvanas fleet getting lit up, then you go with Nate to fuck up Genn. We could have been friends. I put out some kibble, Genn and Darius fetch my paper and slippers. But NO, they had to start some shit. :P
    Haven't played Horde side yet (I always play both, eventually), but was afraid it was something like that. My Illidari will be bored with the whole mess, citing it as a waste of time. My Dranei has serious moral qualms about the whole thing and whether he should even participate, despite his distrust of Sylvanas. Only reason he boarded the ship was a personal note from Anduin asking him to go.

Deleted
    I've always played my Paladin as an Argent Crusader rather than an Alliance knight. He is actually an Argent in character (I'm an avid roleplayer), but when I'm out of character and just doing PvE, it feels odd to fight the Horde.

I like the unity of the Silver Hand, it's fitting to how I see my character. Stormheim is/was cool in the faction conflict but it felt out of place to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Only reason he boarded the ship was a personal note from Anduin asking him to go.
    When our king calls... how can we not answer?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayndorn View Post
    I've always played my Paladin as an Argent Crusader rather than an Alliance knight. He is actually an Argent in character (I'm an avid roleplayer), but when I'm out of character and just doing PvE, it feels odd to fight the Horde.

I like the unity of the Silver Hand, it's fitting to how I see my character. Stormheim is/was cool in the faction conflict but it felt out of place to me.
    I've always been drawn to the cross-faction unity groups (Argent Crusade, Cenarian Circle) because I play both sides and it makes sense to me that we should unite against the true enemy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    When our king calls... how can we not answer?
    I might be willing to decline orders from some other leaders, but my Draenei looks to Anduin as both a fellow paladin and the future leader of the Army of the Light.

Worth noting also that they weren't asking me to hunt down Baine. With it being Sylvanas, I feel conflicted, but more uncertain about what we're doing than diametrically opposed to it.

My main character is Gilnean, so she has some vested interest in the Stormheim opening quests. I'm just glad there's more Gilneas story happening that's not being absorbed into a greater Druid plot.

You got to see the Ebon Blade.
    Absolutley pissing off EVERYONE.
    Especially of you're aliance :P

I fond it odd to see those same guys in my order having the same role than me, the Mighty boss of the Warlock when their supposed to be one boss of the ¨class¨

yup, for now the only thing that i really hate of legion is in the rog hall. i, as a renomate forsaken assassin that helped under the command of vincent belmont to destroy and conquer gilneas, must chat with tess? really?
    she first randomly pop up as an assassin champion and then takes the spot that deserve belmont? no, big no no <.<
    imho blizz must pu tess and belmont as factional champ, the first for ally, the second for horde. at least give me belmot as a bodyguard <.<

10+ Year Old Account
    The faction war has not made much, if any, sense for a long time now. It almost always comes down to one or a few individuals doing something behind their allies' backs that angers the opposite faction, or misunderstandings. They're grasping at straws to keep the whole thing going.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Since our hero isnt really defined storywise (sometimes we are one person, sometimes we are a group and so on) I think the story goes something like "while some of the heros banded together to defeat the legion, some other dudes (probably the ones who have ganked you since classic) are dumb enough to play war during a legion invasion." Since our faction leaders seem to have lost their shit and joined the gankers, the non insane people are therefore now hanging out in class halls and only step foot into Orgrimmar, when we really need to buy new shoes.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

At least so far in Alliance i don't think there was that much agression against the Horde.
    Yes, in Stormhein we fight the Undead. But that's not the Horde. That's Sylvanas trying to enslave the Valkyrs to serve her. Greymane had personal motivations against her but in the end it was us doing the right thing to prevent the Valkyrs to be enslaved by Sylvanas. After that it's been mostly fighting the Legion, Highbornes and so on.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Deleted
    I made an account just to reply on this thread because it's something that really tugs at my heart strings.
    I've returned from a long break and instead of maining DK I picked up a warrior. I've always loved warcraft lore, but not much of a buff as some people are.

The DK class hall is instantly more gratifying in a visceral way. You get to do all sorts of cool DK stuff like raising nazgrim, talk to Bolvar/LK, but if you think about it, it's weird. DK's are in a better place because the Ebon Blade has been a thing for a longer time but still..."Oh right you're my brother in arms, until I catch you anywhere thats not a sanctuary and I'll bash yer head in."

Speaking for the warrior side of things, there is a lot of grief that the warrior hall flavour is decidedy Viking and doesn't include any Alliance or Horde famed warrior characters(Grommash, Anduin, the recently deceased Varian.) and I get it. But I think it's cool that as warriors, the first into the fray, the backbone of any army, from the farm hand that picks up an farming implement and goes to war to defend his or her home to the veteran knight, to the raging berserkers YOU are chosen as champion of the titanic watchers and are basically side stepping the faction 'squabbles' for a tad and are recruiting a stormforged army of heroes to defend azeroth as they were supposed to(Odyn as you might recall refused to empower the aspects and believed his champions to be better defenders of azeroth). We all know what happened with the aspects. They played their part, but in the end they didn't really deliver as defenders of azeroth as one goes insane and tries to destroy and the rest basically tapping out on the eve of the greatest battle azeroth has ever seen. With the allusions to Azeroth being a nascent wordsoul titan thingamejigger I personally feel it's all pretty badass.

Oh and skyhold and meteor crash are badass too.

tl;dr faction war + class hall = 0 sense. Warriors are pretty well off despite recent claims to the contrary. Go go titanic defender force of azeroth.

The faction wars explanation is simple. Bad blood and intefernece. Genn is pushing the battles and creating these situations because of the forsakens atrocities on his people during cata and the death of his son. We rogues find out the legion has agents inside stirring up the war between the factions. We are there on orders from Anduin and as a favor. We get taken for the ride and go with the flow for a while in the battle at the start of stormheim

But do note that we quickly start focusing on the task at hand, getting the pillars.

We still have our factonal positions but in the order halls, we put that aside to focus on the legion. But it doesn't exempt us from our responsibilities except if things the latter gets in the way of the legion war in a major way.

So i welcome the Shattered Hand and Deathstalkers

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole horde vs alliance plot has been thin since vanilla. Nor have I seen any declaration of war between the factions.

At this point I'd say its purely for gameplay purposes, just like justifying why a "Hero of Azeroth" would go down into dalaran sewers to slay their own faction for zero reasons, besides "not being watched by guards".