Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    Holy Paladin
    Screwed over paladins?

No. screwed over you, maybe?

But I loooove the idea of having a 2h healing weapon, looks more different than from the others.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Screwed over paladins?

No. screwed over you, maybe?

But I loooove the idea of having a 2h healing weapon, looks more different than from the others.
    In terms of transmog a lot of people lost out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I only feel screwed with elemental shaman really. Throughout the entirety of WoW I don't recall having a BIS fist weapon with intellect... It really feels like Blizzard fisted us hard on that aspect.

But the fact that we cast from our fist and it sparks and crackles makes up for most of that.
    Great, I must have missed that. I thought the MH was a proper weapon, oh well thats another one to add to my list.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    I hope you're joking about holy paladin. I finally feel like Uther or a WC3 paladin smiting motherfuckers with a huge hammer and healing my allies
    I only meant in terms of the transmog system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Hey the expac saved you from having the most abundantly used and overdone transmog on priests, you should thank it.
    Yes, thank the Artifact Weapons for making the countless hours over all my characters grinding and building the one perfect set I wanted to use completely useless for a whole expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundreamer View Post
    check wowhead, i'm sure there's a hidden skin that lets you turn them into swords...like i was able to turn my BM gun into a bow
    Nope.. Just fist weapons..

And hunters can transmog between gun/crossbow/bow by default..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundreamer View Post
    check wowhead, i'm sure there's a hidden skin that lets you turn them into swords...like i was able to turn my BM gun into a bow
    Because hunters are more beloved to Blizzard, they went the extra mile for them and made guns, crossbow and bow transmoggable into each other.
    Apparently they were able to circumvent the animation reasoning for ranged weapons, but not for fist weapons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    Which is not applicable to monks, since their abilities have animations for both fist weapons and 1-handers..
    The problem are rogues with skills like mutilate that have only dagger animations and would break if used with transmogged weapons...

Basically we can't tmog between certain types because of rogues >.<'
    Rogues have the same issue and more than that even, but mutilate is not a good example if you want to blame rogues, since daggers are also not transmoggable to other types and have nothing to do with fist weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by patcherke View Post
    Rogues have the same issue and more than that even, but mutilate is not a good example if you want to blame rogues, since daggers are also not transmoggable to other types and have nothing to do with fist weapons.
    The reason we can't tmog daggers into, let's say 1-hand maces, is that some classes have abilities that do not support animations with 1-hand maces. Mutilate is an example - it was created with daggers in mind, and according to Blizz, only works with daggers (hence the 'requires daggers' requirement on it, even today). They have no intention of fixing/changing those animations, so we are stuck with the restrictions..
    And while this restriction makes some sense for rogues - it does not make sense for monks, since all our abilities work with either fist weapons, 1 hand weapons, or even 2hand weapons - up to legion we could use either of those weapons and all animations worked.

I'm not saying rogues are the only to blame, but it was Blizz's example, in some blue post or something, some time ago..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    So I just did WW monk artifact quest and personally I really dislike how they look. So I immediately went to transmog them into two one-handed swords just to see that I can only transmog them into other fist weapons.

What the hell is this really? Why are they restricting our creativity when it comes to transmog?
    lol

And Blizz gave the very clear impression that you could transmog your weapons into anything you had in the past or can still farm. But I'm sure they didn't say it exactly like that...so the Blizz apologists will claim that you either made up what they said or just didn't understand or Blizz only hinted at their intentions and just didn't have time to implement (which is also hilarious considering the obscenely long development cycle of Legion).

As for "why", the real reason is what should be obvious to any observer at this point. Blizz has been cheaper / lazier with every expansion.* The whole point of the artifact weapon was to reduce their development costs...including for animations.

* - There are only 4 leveling zones. This is the first expansion with a new class with only 2 specs. There is, what, two more dungeons than the all-time low of WoD. Minimal raids. More ability pruning. No additional talents. Garrison repurposed as Class Halls. Basically, no reason to expect that this expansion will have any more legs than WoD.

I want to sound off on this topic from an Elemental Shaman stand point. I too very much dislike that Blizzard has "locked" everyone in on their Artifact weapon. I have played an Elemental Shaman on Alliance since Burning Crusade, and ask me how many times have i equipped and used a "fist weapon". ZERO. The fact that Enhancement Shaman were given a MACE makes this even worse. In my opinion it should have been the other way around. I have traditionally wielded either a 2H Staff, or a 1H Mace and Shield. I'm really not happy with this circumstance, especially when you factor in that I'm going to be stuck with it for probably 18 months, or longer. They should not have made the system so restrictive. Ok i get that we heroes need a very special artifact weapon to defeat the legion, but instead of locking down very specific weapons to each class spec, why didn't they make each artifact weapon it's own quest line regardless of what spec you play. For instance, if i wanted a staff, I should have been able to do the quest chain and get one, doesn't matter that priests, mages and such would also be wielding the same thing, that has happened the entire life of the game. Pigeon-holing us all into one very specific weapon is utter fail IMO. Just like so many Blizzard ideas, it was a good one, but very poorly implemented.

They really show allow tmog from fists to other weapon types, particularly now that some classes have fist artifacts.

because you are a monk, do you want a bow too?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    lol

And Blizz gave the very clear impression that you could transmog your weapons into anything you had in the past or can still farm. But I'm sure they didn't say it exactly like that...so the Blizz apologists will claim that you either made up what they said or just didn't understand or Blizz only hinted at their intentions and just didn't have time to implement (which is also hilarious considering the obscenely long development cycle of Legion).

As for "why", the real reason is what should be obvious to any observer at this point. Blizz has been cheaper / lazier with every expansion.* The whole point of the artifact weapon was to reduce their development costs...including for animations.

* - There are only 4 leveling zones. This is the first expansion with a new class with only 2 specs. There is, what, two more dungeons than the all-time low of WoD. Minimal raids. More ability pruning. No additional talents. Garrison repurposed as Class Halls. Basically, no reason to expect that this expansion will have any more legs than WoD.
    im getting tired of you hating in every post. are you playing legion? Im sure not.
    if legion runs out of content in 2 weeks, whats your problem? if you hate all of it, im guessing you didnt bought it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by szandos View Post
    They really show allow tmog from fists to other weapon types, particularly now that some classes have fist artifacts.
    Yeah, have been saying this for years now. After they changed the system with 2h Weapons into Polearms, or considering, that Guns/Crossbows/Bows do not share animations either I don't think, that the animations argument works anymore.
    Esp. because there are many people who dislike fist weapons with a passion or fucking love them. Locking both types into something they dislike is imo not fair, or necessary.

Deleted
    I think the worst thing they did was, that they made possible for you to transmog. Some people are just...

You KNEW that Monks would had fist weapon, why did you go with it?

WHY would you transmog something like Ashbringer to something from ICC or whatever you do. It's fair that you can't transmog everything(maybe just for this xpac, because of respect for these items).

If you really are into transmog and if you really like it, why don't you do yourself a favor, see this as a challenge AND BUILD TRANSMOG AROUND YOUR ARTIFACT WEAPONS?

I'm getting sick of reading BS(it's been lasting for a while with that now) - sorry.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2016-08-31 at 12:42 PM.

have you been living under a rock? we have never been able to transmog fists into 1 handed weapons, and if you heard anything about WW in legion you'd have known they were fist weapons and what they look like long before now. If you dont like it so much then go transmog them into the invisible ones from Kun'lai.

Quote Originally Posted by patcherke View Post
    Because hunters are more beloved to Blizzard, they went the extra mile for them and made guns, crossbow and bow transmoggable into each other.
    Apparently they were able to circumvent the animation reasoning for ranged weapons, but not for fist weapons.
    oh god. because the animation is point and shoot. every attack hunters have with the weapon is point and shoot. with melee abilities its different. Theres stabs, slashes, smashing, punching animations. Abilities look different based on the weapon being used.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2016-08-31 at 12:50 PM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    lol

I wish that you would quit and find yourself something else to do.

Can you do that? Or do you only have what it takes to just vomit your opinion, trying to convince the mass, that this will be a failure, regardless of anything(not to mention "logical" explantions without any evidence or fact?)

I'm genuinly interested to know, why you(and your kind)just won't go away.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2016-08-31 at 12:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it sucks

Same with class stuck with dagger (lol)
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

There are some pretty cool fist weapon transmogs though.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=29948/claw-of-the-phoenix

Deleted
    i feel u bro. Luckily there is one cool transmog for the artifact fists.
    Dotn know how to get it tho

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    WHY would you transmog something like Ashbringer to something from ICC or whatever you do.
    Because Ashbringer is fucking ugly and there's at LEAST 200 better looking weapons out there?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    WHY would you transmog something like Ashbringer to something from ICC or whatever you do.
    you do understand that that not everyones likes every single appearance right?

- - - Updated - - -

OT:
    people are so god damn slow, the have explained how transmoging your artifact works countless times already, and you come in just now?

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Lucky Duck.

I love fist weapons. Sub-Rogue and Warrior, would have great ideas for Xmogs with fist weapons.

My favorite is normal t12 paladin with Fists of Molten Fury from Mount Hyjal

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by szandos View Post
    I would vote for Fists and Daggers

Deleted
    Solution to your "problem" is easy:
    #1 Deal with it!
    #2 Unsub till the next xpac.