Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maerad View Post
    I guess you problem is not the quests - those and the storyline are really good. Problem is you play this game for some time right now I suppose and even if you didn't rush tru it ... you are already 110 and the game is only a few hours old. You simply overdid it.

Did you use handy notes or something like that? Did you ever stray away from the quest path?

I played my paladin for 2-3 hours or so yesterday and still are lvl 100. Why? I decided this time I would do the xpac different. No preread, no spoilers, no talentcalcs. Nothing. So I started the xpac and was dumb like in bc when I started playing. Also no help addons. I was swimming like 15 minutes between the ships to search for treasures. Or when I started in stormheim, I decided to run up the fucking hill just to see how it looks up there, trying to avoid all enemies and look around.

In a bonus zone I helped as tank some guys that had some problems with the dragons there. I just did what I did back then. Or in WOTLK, when I was like lvl 74 and decided to investigate icecrown... on my beloved hawkstrider.

I erased the "I need to be lvl 110" and tried to do whatever the fuck I want without setting myself under a lvl pressure. Enjoying the quests to the fullest and being a bit crazy. Like I did back in BC with my old guild. We were running around in blade's edge mountains, without any care in the world and the leveling took some time back then. So we joked, enjoyed the time together, did the quests together, tried going to places we shouldn't because the lvl was to low and no flying...

That's what I like about Legion and most of all the scaling. It dosent matter what lvl I have, I can do dungenons if I want and still wont outlvl the current map. Even at lvl 110 I can enjoy it.

The problem in WoW the past years is not everytime the game, it is also how much we set ourself under pressure to raise as fast as possible.

I still want the function back I liked so in BC, when the quests texts were coming row after row, not all at once like today (you could enable/disable that).Any addon out there that can do that?
    Excellent post

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Τhis post got me thinking.

After Blizzard shut down Nostalrius, we rerolled on a different Vanilla server. According to my Screenshots Log, me and my spouse started levelling up in Vanilla on the 25th of June, 2016. This is a procedure I have been through over a dozen times since 2005.

It is now 31 August 2016, and I am still Level 46 and my spouse is still level 44. In between work, gym, cooking, house-cleaning,other obligations, etc. we only play 2-3 hours a day 6 days a week.

I'd say though, I think we still enjoyed the experience a lot more than the poor sod on the OP, although I have done the same thing about a dozen times since 2005. For him, the expansion (and the joy) was a day's matter while for me the game is a pleasurable experience 11 years now, and I still enjoy it.

Blizzard need to go back to school and study what was it that made the early incarnations of the game so enjoyable while the present game is just used and discarded, never to be used again, kind of like a can of cola.

I'm willing to bet that a lot of these fond memories have to do with the game being so new at the time.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    "When the game gets harder"... Lol, it all scales.
    Your level goes up faster than the quality of your gear, I.E a player in full HFC gear will see the game get harder as they level because mobs will start hitting harder and taking more hits to kill. What I mean is, at 100-102 the gear you will have will be much better for your level than the gear you will have at 105+ despite it being "better" gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    It feels like WoD questing to me. Personally I'm not a big fan of phasing or the more "immersive" and "dynamic" style they've been going for over the last few expansions. I get it though. The tastes of gamers change, and they are trying to change with it. I am probably in the minority. When it comes to WoW, I'd rather kill X of these, collect X of those, find X NPC, bring X to Y.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Indeed. Seems to be A LOT of thinly veiled "It can't be good because it ain't Classic no matter how good it is!!!!!!"-whining going around as well.

Stop making every whine thread on this forum into something connected to classic/vanilla. You whine about circlejerking yet you keep your own cirklejerk goin like a GOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    To answer the OPs question.

No
    I'm going to have to say no. This whole experience seems pretty close to perfect. The artifact system is pretty fun. Sure it will need some tweaking (the offpsec system seems...um, not great to me--I find being punished for not specializing extremely annoying). I'm up to 78 and things don't seem wildly bad, whether that's do to them improving rogues at this point or whether they've just done a better job with scaling, I can't quite say. But traditionally rogues have a tough last couple of level slog and I seem pretty much normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    So... you leveled to 110.. 1 day after the game was released... and are complaining about it being too.. grindy..
    This... I mean ffs of course the OP is burned out on it, he rushed through it and didn't read the quests and filled all his poop socks. There's no pleasing that crowd.

I for one have been enjoying this leveling experience more than any other expansion. I love not having to be stressed about tagging mobs before others, or about zones being too damn crowded. And I think the terrain is beautiful and stories are cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I was told gear from rares scales with level so I left em all for 109-110 dunno if that affected my exp by a lot it does feel slow to be honest but Im clearing the zones until achievement because it will be linked to flying later and its best to do it while levelling than go back.

Overall the quests are good some markings on the map could be better instated for those who haven't played beta but overall fun zones and some places that I sense will be dailies later are extremely well made.

The atmosphere is pure awesome (better than anything we ve seen in wow imho) so I can live with levelling taking a bit longer. This way you have time to stop and smell the roses, gank a horde, smell a horde etc.
    I got very little gear from the rares. Mainly just toys, pets and AP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Keesasha View Post
    P.S. What happened to the xp from beta to the live version? Everyone was saying that 2 and a half zones of questing were gonna be enough to get to 110, but it was nowhere near that. If you don't do the dungeon quests you literally just have enough quests to get to 110..
    Wouldn't know anyone dumb enough saying that. Even with rested experience you didn't really want to leave out whole zones.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    So... you leveled to 110.. 1 day after the game was released... and are complaining about it being too.. grindy..
    Was just about to say the same. I rushed to 90 in mop and I was absolutely burnt out by the time msv came out.

Just take your time and don't grind the grind.

Deleted
    I love WoW, been playing for 11 years and I book at least 1 week off at the start of every expansion so far. That being said the new leveling experience was fecking garbage, i hated it and usually ( for the first 2-3 chars at least) I really enjoy exploring the new zones. I'm really disappointed in the leveling experience and for someone who doesn't care about flying (can take it or leave it) I feel the new zones were made for flying, the maps feel tedious as fe k to travel around on.

I haven't touched Stormheim. I got to lvl 110 with the very last quest of High Mountain.

This is by far the best leveling experience in recent times for me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    You get to experience all the zones, quests, and dungeons on your way through leveling? Sounds like a perfect leveling experience.
    Do we really ? I am getting a bit worried. Everyone in the thread seems to say you need to do all zones to get to max but my experience differs. I got done with Azuna yesterday (all story quests and the dungeon quest) + the starting artifact quest. I have not gone back to my order hall yet for the follow up class quests. And I am at 103 and about 30% of the way into 103. Unless the % of level per quest significantly drops, the math doesn't work at all. At this rate I'll be done leveling before I am done with my 3rd zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Τhis post got me thinking.

After Blizzard shut down Nostalrius, we rerolled on a different Vanilla server. According to my Screenshots Log, me and my spouse started levelling up in Vanilla on the 25th of June, 2016. This is a procedure I have been through over a dozen times since 2005.

It is now 31 August 2016, and I am still Level 46 and my spouse is still level 44. In between work, gym, cooking, house-cleaning,other obligations, etc. we only play 2-3 hours a day 6 days a week.

I'd say though, I think we still enjoyed the experience a lot more than the poor sod on the OP, although I have done the same thing about a dozen times since 2005. For him, the expansion (and the joy) was a day's matter while for me the game is a pleasurable experience 11 years now, and I still enjoy it.

Blizzard need to go back to school and study what was it that made the early incarnations of the game so enjoyable while the present game is just used and discarded, never to be used again, kind of like a can of cola.
    They know very well what made that acceptable, they just understand that it's no longer possible to make a game that way.

For instance, back then, things would not just have arbitrary speed bumps to keep you from going too fast. Things took a long time because they were difficult.

If you didn't understand how to be efficient with your class, you'd waste a lot of time drinking. If you didn't understand how to go all out with hard targets, you'd waste a lot of time running back or eating because you took too long to kill it. And if you didn't know how to avoid pulling more than intended or didn't know how to take care in a dangerous part of the map, you'd also likely die.

All of those are gone from the game now, because now the game is trying to be as mainstream as possible, and this requires the game to also be as easy as possible. If they included REAL difficulty, most players would just unsub because no one wants to pay $15 a month to have a game tell them they suck.

The real issue is how there is no other option. Pick a game like City of Heroes and while bad players would just play as is, there were NPCs who would change the difficulty for advanced players. So while Joe would play at the normal difficulty and get 100% exp, good players would just put it at the max difficulty and get 800% exp. Advanced players felt rewarded for being good, while Joe still got to play as usual.

Tbh, I can't see how advanced WoW players could ever enjoy questing. Once you've done 8 or so, you've already seen them all, and the only way to get "some" difficulty is by tagging everything in sight and intentionally playing like crap. And with the new artifact powers, even that has no challenge at all, since while questing the artifact power is an instant "I Win" button, no matter how many mobs are on you. Unfortunately, I don't ever see Blizzard giving enough of a crap to change any of it, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Inari View Post
    Overall I'm enjoying the levelling experience. Here are my pros and cons:

Pros

• You can start in any zone you prefer
    • Mobs scale with you, so it doesn't feel trivial
    • Mob tagging without being in a party (this is really nice for someone levelling as a healer like I am. For me it also adds a better feeling of camaraderie than any other expansion)
    • Bonus objectives are tied to quests, unlike WoD where they were out of the way and separate from quests.
    • I've only done Val'Sharah so far, but the quests really give a sense of desperation - like nothing is beyond the Legion.
    • All the voice acting!

Cons

• The main "OMG" moment in Val'Sharah felt a bit....underdeveloped I guess. Would have liked some more development in that area.
      SPOILER: I'm talking about Ysera's corruption. The cinematic felt underwhelming, no effort on Xavius's part. Maybe that was intended by Blizzard, but if it was so easy to corrupt Ysera, why doesn't Xavius corrupt everything else?
    I also was like wtf at first, then it took me a bit to realize (I think my conclusion is what was meant to be told...), Xavius corrupted the Tears of Elune crystal thingie and threw it right at Ysera thus corrupting her... When she dies, the tears are cleansed and turn blue again, where we pick them up and put them in Dalaran.

Now in general, I am 103 now, finished Val'sharah only and I really liked the zone, really enjoyed it and that's coming from someone who never was a huge fan of druid zones, usually tend to be boring for me...

Story does feel dire and we actually feel the threat of the Legion.
    Feeling overall a bit overwhelmed tbh... Choose a zone, you also have class order halls and their quests, you get quests that continue the main story from other NPCs, it feels so much but I love it :P been a while since I felt this way about an expansion.

Taking my time as well, exploring and finding chests is much more fun this time around than Draenor...
    Last edited by Kazlofski; 2016-08-31 at 12:07 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    For me this was the best leveling experience since Wrath of the Lich King. I didn't like WoD, MoP or Cata much.
    Retweet

WotLK xpac is best xpac

As a player who's been with the game since vanilla I don't get the nostalgia for it constantly nor the people saying legion is a call back to vanilla..to each their own but I think you types have issues letting things go..

That aside anyone that claims legion leveling is boring is outside their mind. Granted in not so bold to say legion best expansion ever based on only five hours of play so far but honestly you don't need to cap to get a good judge of the leveling. I have not sincerely been interested or enjoyed my leveling session in this game like this since when wrath was new.

I love the class hall and artifact concepts..but I am a story type player I cut my gamer teeth on rpgs like bards tale and ultima..which leaves me with this thought for those that bitch about leveling every expansion do you understand the genre of rpgs? You are and adventurer the quests form a story or mini stories..thats the genre folks. Even raids are based on telling a story..no one pays attention in sure but they do.

If you hate quests and character advancement systems I gotta ask why do you play this genre?

never like lvling in any game, if it was for me, my realm will be insta max level. god bless legion now i like to do quest. im having a lot of fun .

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    You just wanted to insult him Im sure because your post makes no sense.
    1. In wow levelling is not a core part its the ugly side effect of every expansion. If it was a core thing there wouldn't be a level cap would there.
    2. How exactly is your experience "ruined" by one post in MMOC. Seriously if you are that sensitive bro maybe you should follow your own advice and find a different forum where people hug trees like some of the quests obliged us to do.
    It is a core part. It immerses you and fleshes out the world and story as you level. Not that you simple-minded dickheads would care about that since your minds are fixated on getting your phat lewts.

Oh, and WoD happened because the developers listened to idiots like the one I responded to. Think about that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mytheros View Post
    If you hate quests and character advancement systems I gotta ask why do you play this genre?
    Because WoW is the mmo-champion. I cannot comprehend how anyone can compare a MMORPG with a single player RPG - they have completely different design philosophies and tbh whenever I try another game like Rift, Aion, Vanguard, Wildstar and so on because I saw some trailer and thought "uh that fantasy setting is cool I should at least try the fantasy world rpg out without even getting to the multiplayer thing" I realize how bad these games are compared to oldschool or newer RPGs. Linear questing, steady questing, nonstop getting new quests and turn ins and a giant grind not even the final fantasy had for the superbosses in lategame. The few story elements that are put to work their are completely overshadowed by the game-design of a multiplayer game.

And also the huge gap of difficulty for most things (player skill/class mechanic/apm, not tactical) between the two. For example the good old console RPGs, how many buttons and skills have they average compared to a MMORPG? I know there are lately some hybrids... haven't played them but they rely mostly on a small toolkit. Balance in most RPGs you realize very late or if you someone who cares and tries every party composition at the beginning is often hugely flawed - this should not happen in MMORPGs which might remove another tactical aspect which most RPGs rely on a lot more.

At least I could never play an MMORPG for it's solo content. Maybe I lack ignorance for having played too many other games in both, single player and multiplayer genres.
    Last edited by mmocd6d7b58413; 2016-08-31 at 12:30 PM.