Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    It's basically an Alliance warrior hall. Orcs, Trolls, Tauren and Pandas have no connection whatsoever to to the Viking/Valhalla theme.
    Hey, what a coincidence, neither do humans, night elves, draenei, or worgen.

It's a Dwarf/Gnome hall. No one else has any connection. Humans maybe, but hell its established in the chronicles book that the vrykul humans descend from are followers of Tyr, rather than Odynn.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

I don't care for it either. Trollbane/Saurfang invites us on an unknown mission which is apparently super important. But he gets shot down. We fight a handful of demons, and a couple vrykul see us doing it. And that's enough for Odyn out of nowhere to decide we are the greatest warrior in all of Azeroth. And we're whisked away to this warrior "paradise" where we just forget all about Trollbane/Saurfang's mission. Sorry man, we got new friends now.

If this weren't a multiplayer game, I'd completely expect that we actually DID die on the Broken Shore and that everything that happens after isn't real. Because it definitely doesn't seem real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterDinadan View Post
    I don't care for it either. Trollbane/Saurfang invites us on an unknown mission which is apparently super important. But he gets shot down. We fight a handful of demons, and a couple vrykul see us doing it. And that's enough for Odyn out of nowhere to decide we are the greatest warrior in all of Azeroth. And we're whisked away to this warrior "paradise" where we just forget all about Trollbane/Saurfang's mission. Sorry man, we got new friends now.
    Odyn foresaw your arrival and knows of all your previous feats and achievements. Narratively speaking your character has done a ton of shit and can feasibly be called the greatest Warrior on Azeroth.

Also the Trollbane/Saurfang mission wasn't super important if you had read the quest dialog, the mission was a near suicide one to kill demons and restore your honor. You kind of did that.

While i still think Skyhold looks a bit too clean and glowy for a warrior class hall, the whole viking thing is starting to grow on me, even the vrykul voices are kind of funny, especially that first Vrykul you meet on broken shore who sounds a bit like the swedish chef :P

Besides, barreling down to the ground and landing with a ground-breaking impact is a hugely badass way to go back down.

That being said, i would have liked seeing famous warrior NPCs in Skyhold, having several titan watchers suddenly following our orders seems a bit weird...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    [/B]

Nowhere, just like always. That's never been a part of the Warcraft warrior theme.
    It was just an example. Warrior is forced into such a specific theme, while every other class gets atleast a bit of breathing room. We're now all Vikings. It could have been more general encompassing all types of warrior. Accoridng to Legion all warriors are mead drinking berserkers.

Maybe our idea of vikings are actually WoW warriors, we just didn't know it yet.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    This is something people brought up since the start of alpha. It feels disconnected, you don't feel at home, there aren't even any warriors there at all etc etc. Any given random inn with the ghost of broxxigar and wrynn coupled with random warrior NPCs of various races wearing different tier sets would've been infinitely better. Cozy fire, heavy plate, drinking and music and random brawling in the cellar. Would've been approximately 23428739 times easier to do too. Right now you're just some random dude feeling like an outsider middle of a vrykul NPC zone running errands

But it certainly won't change at this point so all we can do is deal with it

Deleted
    Right now I'm doing every class intro and I found amusing that of all classes warriors hall is most ridiculous, I was expecting it to be most down to earth. And that Odyn dude, oh my...

Quote Originally Posted by Sznur View Post
    Right now I'm doing every class intro and I found amusing that of all classes warriors hall is most ridiculous, I was expecting it to be most down to earth. And that Odyn dude, oh my...
    It's even better if you read chronicles where you learn that he's a big cry baby who threw a tantrum when he didnt have his way and had his adopted daughter make his sky castle where he could go play house with his "chosen warriors". He didnt want to empower the aspects, and instead wanted to make glowy titan armies to lead the fight against the Old Gods. Every single other Keeper disagreed with him.

He later soul raped his adopted daughter into forced servitude (Helya), then did the same to a bunch of other women, Helya escapes because Loken aided her and she then imprisons his super duper army with her magic.

In other words, he's a villain. He does the soul enslavement thing again in the warrior campaign.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    It's even better if you read chronicles where you learn that he's a big cry baby who threw a tantrum when he didnt have his way and had his adopted daughter make his sky castle where he could go play house with his "chosen warriors". He didnt want to empower the aspects, and instead wanted to make glowy titan armies to lead the fight against the Old Gods. Every single other Keeper disagreed with him.

He later soul raped his adopted daughter into forced servitude (Helya), then did the same to a bunch of other women, Helya escapes because Loken aided her and she then imprisons his super duper army with her magic.

In other words, he's a villain. He does the soul enslavement thing again in the warrior campaign.

Well that settles it then, shaman it is . I've been having trouble deciding whether to go arms/fury or enhance/ele. I like both the play styles and i wasn't able to determine a clear favorite.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why does everyone think rage means you're always running around frothing at the mouth and swinging wildly? Sure, it can and does often mean that, but there's also calculated rage, silent rage, etc. Arms warriors have an ability called Deadly Calm (previously Inner Calm). We've also got Tactician and Anger Management, implying you can be a warrior and channel your rage if you so choose. You can also be fury and just let loose.

Deleted
    On your arrival in the Halls, and on the shore, it is pointed out multiple times that you are little and not like them (vyrkul) but are a great warrior and as such fit in. The point is that they are warriors, not that you are vyrkul.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightwolve View Post
    On your arrival in the Halls, and on the shore, it is pointed out multiple times that you are little and not like them (vyrkul) but are a great warrior and as such fit in. The point is that they are warriors, not that you are vyrkul.
    Except they're not all warriors. They treat you like an outsider constantly. And so much as clicking on one will have them yelling "I SPIT ON YOU"

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    Anyone else turned off by the Artifact intro and class hall and feel like changing class?
    I did, after twelve years of maining a warrior through thick and thin I saw the artefacts Blizzard had pulled out of their anus instead of using established warrior weapons, then saw the random class hall they had pulled out of their anus's anus and so I got me an Ashbringer and an established class hall full of recognisable NPCs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    But it certainly won't change at this point so all we can do is deal with it
    I think the problem was that Warrior island was flooded in Cata, so if Blizzard caved into the Alpha/Beta complaints and made it the Warrior class hall then the Rogues would have gone into full revolt haha.

I wanted Broxigar's WOODEN AXE OF DAEMONSLAYING AWE INSPIRING, NIGHT ELVES BUILT HIM A STATUE, WARRIOR WEAPON.

plz?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Wasn't this overdiscussed in the past 6 months?

Your main resource is called: "Rage", this should indicate the class has nothing to do with calm.
    So does your statement now imply that any other warriors in history or mythologies have never fought with rage?

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    I did, after twelve years of maining a warrior through thick and thin I saw the artefacts Blizzard had pulled out of their anus instead of using established warrior weapons, then saw the random class hall they had pulled out of their anus's anus and so I got me an Ashbringer and an established class hall full of recognisable NPCs

- - - Updated - - -

I think the problem was that Warrior island was flooded in Cata, so if Blizzard caved into the Alpha/Beta complaints and made it the Warrior class hall then the Rogues would have gone into full revolt haha.
    It's still there though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shéllshock View Post
    So does your statement now imply that any other warriors in history or mythologies have never fought with rage?
    No, but you got to admit that vikings (berserkers) are the most famous example.
    Besides; my statement was aimed more at the OP's line about "calm roman warriors".

Yeah I don't like our class halls. The atmosphere and coloring is nice, but the freaking reskinned and recolored characters from WotLK NPCs is so bad and freaking ugly ... and honestly I dislike Vikings. Warriors are not Vikings what-so-ever.

Freaking bad design IMO.

I don't hate it, but I'm not a huge fan either. Feels too detached from what I've come to expect from all things warrior over the last 12 years.