Poll: Horde died with Garrosh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Horde went to shit when Crhistie Golden and Chris Metzen woke up one morning during Cataclysm and decided they couldn't be fucked to write a decent story because hey, making new villains for MoP raids is hard so this great Orc warrior is suddenly obsessed with magical artifacts and superweapons and the end of the world.

Even worse, the used this to force a short time travel multi-dimensional expansion story arc that should never have made it off the drawing board.

The lore guys certainly fucked up here.

I haven't really felt any Horde pride for quite some time, it doesn't help that the title of warchief is being kicked around like a football. But to me the Horde has never felt the same when Thrall stepped down, which also ruined his character badly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baneador View Post
    The Horde is a circus now and Warchief is a death sentence.
    I nominate Baine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Even worse, the used this to force a short time travel multi-dimensional expansion story arc that should never have made it off the drawing board.
    OMG yes. Time-traveling Garrosh was the stupidest thing they've ever done. Yes, I know about voice chat patch 2.2

Deleted
    Blizzard Killed the Horde when they decided to switch Garrosh from an Orc Warrior that hates magic and sorcery(calling sylvanas a bitch for trying again the use th scourge) and an honorable Orc that executed a commander for bombing a village of innocents to the complete opposite using the heart of Yash'aarj and bombing Theramore.

We've seen him grow from an Orc that had a heavy burden from his father's legacy, To a Proud Warrior when Thrall told him about what his father did after sealing the fate of the Orcs, to a Hero of the Horde after the Northrend campaign, to a Warchief that wanted to secure ressources and a better future for his people because Thrall decided to build Orgrimmar in a desert(Durotar). and to go from that to a Fascist that has no remorse, obssessed with Magic Powers ?? I liked how they introduced new races and civilizations in MoP, but the Garrosh stuff was bullshit.

And Now we see the same thing with Vol'Jin, Great Potential, Great Powers, Great Background. all of that wasted by a Fel Guard. Just to make the Alliance feel good that the Horde lost their Warchief too and to make Sylvanas Fanboys happy.

From what i've seen it's not the death of Garrosh that killed the Horde but Blizzard imho. I don't have any respect for Sylvanas or the Horde anymore, i'm the chosen one (the Highlord/Deathlord/leader of the earthren ring or something of the sort) i can take the legion by myself don't need the Horde ACCORDING TO BLIZZARD.

... People claiming that something's dead when it's very much present... Can't say how I feel about them without garnering a ban.

The Horde hasn't died, I still play it and love it as always before.

Horde didn't die with Garrosh because it was never about overpower and conquer when the horde was recreated by Thrall. There was a lot of conflict between Alliance and horde and orcs did want to see battle but that wasn't the horde overall. Though I would have loved to see more reason for there to be conflict. Maybe if Garrosh didn't become so power hungry so quickly then he would have made the conflict more worth it, I would have loved to see it from either side... even though he was an asshole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh was pretty much a terrible leader.

He knew how to attack with no regard to strategy or logistics. Just battled like we were meat for his mest grinder. Not only that but he fractured the Horde internally and made many citizens of the Horde destitute and starving. Garrosh was basically Hitler without the economic success.

Vol'jin was a great healer of the Horde. He was a unifying presence thay healed the fractures and strengthened the harm Garrosh had caused to the people of the Horde. Not to nention he was twice the warrior.

Sylvanas is the more military oriented, but she will do whayever she can ti protect the people of the Horde. She is incredibly smart, and a great tactician. She may be the best leader since Thrall. She just doesn't get lost in caring too much what is considered good or bad, as long as the Horde is okay. Just unlike Garrosh she understands battle, and logistics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    When Thrall left.
    qft

/10 chars

Yep the horde died when Blizz butchered Garrosh.

Garrosh had so much more potential as an aggressive yet still honorable warchief that led a period of horde expansion and growth. He had the right amount of fight to butt heads with the alliance, the legion, and any threat that came that way. Vol'jin was so tame and uninspiring in comparison. Sylvanas still only cares about the undead (and that's fine, that's in her character) and the future of her race no matter the costs. She doesn't care about the Horde. Something also just feels wrong about having a non-orc Warchief in Org idk.

Truly disappointed with how Blizzard handled Garrosh, but I guess they needed two filler expansions before they actually put one out with a meaty/continued story.
    Last edited by Anbokr; 2016-08-31 at 04:09 PM.

I just don't understand why Saurfang isn't Warchief. He has been there since the beginning, since before Thrall. Varok Saurfang is a Warchief that the Horde could rally under.

Quote Originally Posted by Fretzur View Post
    I just don't understand why Saurfang isn't Warchief. He has been there since the beginning, since before Thrall. Varok Saurfang is a Warchief that the Horde could rally under.
    So much this. Saurfang should have been the next warchief after Thrall, instead they put Garrosh in a leadership role, kill off Saurfang's kid then ignore him for 2(probably 3 realistically) expansions. In the end tho, the horde is the "bad guy" faction in Blizzards eyes, every terrible thing that happens in WoW seems to come from the Horde faction not having control over itself. Putting the Banshee Queen into the top slot means once we finish off Guldan we will be sent after her.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't about the race of subsequent warchiefs, more about influence. I'd say the Orcish Horde died out... As in the Orcs being the lynchpin holding everything together historically going back to Warcraft and Warcraft II. They've lost any claim of cultural leadership at this point.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Horde die when Thrall became Green Jesus and then he put Garrosh the metalcore emo in charge
    The horde is now a circus, Sylvannas will die, turn into a raid or dunjons boss, and whats next ? The return of old Thrall on the throne ?

Deleted
    Nah, but Garrosh was a lost opportunity to have a Horde be exactly what they were originally supposed to be, Honorful but fighting for their place in Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    When Thrall left.
    this!

/10char
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    At what point does it stop being Horde?
    It isn't just Garrosh. Horde also lost:

Thrall
    Cairne
    Vol'Jin

Sylvanus has always been 100% about the Forsaken, so she's kind of a weird pick for Warchief, and Gallywix...uh...he's never actually done anything or even been part of the story at all, AFAIK. Every major story character of the Horde has been killed or exhausted. Even Synvanus had 99% of her story done in WotLK.

So what's left for the horde? Not much, IMO, since Blizzard spent so many expansions on Orc-centric content. Sure, I mean...there might be some footnotes of the other leaders doing something, or maybe a novel that has nothing to do with the actual game. But overall, Horde is just in the background right now.

The Horde never completely "died" at any point. It came close to that by the time Garrosh was overthrown. Vol'jin didn't do anything spectacular himself, but at least he managed to not utterly fuck things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    Sylvannas will be a lot more Diabolical then Garrosh was.

All Hail the Lich Queen!
    She isn't the Lich Queen.........

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    She isn't the Lich Queen.........
    ...yet.

/10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    At what point does it stop being Horde?
    You got a new homicidal mad (wo)man on the throne, shouldn't you be happy?