Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    let the expnasion age at least ..... now you say everything is great lets see how it looks in a year
    Well warlords looked like shit from beta , legion doesn't...
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    You're judging expansion after one day?

Sooo...someone can't have an opinion on something after a day or two? Someone can't have had fun and enjoyed the experience thus far, because it's only been a day? Damn, it must be boring living such a super serious life.

Deleted
    It looks like they finally decided to throw some money WoW's way at long last. It always felt awkward how lackluster a lot of WoW's voice acting, for example, is compared to Blizzard's other children like Hearthstone, not to mention Overwatch. You can see some actual effort this time around, perhaps reminding people of the time when "Blizzard quality" was a thing.

The zones look pretty and the group content is solid, but that's been the case for every expansion. What I really like this time around is the attention to details, the animations and voice acting filling the experience out, and the welcome change of high fantasy mood with your character as THE hero (even though it's an MMO with millions of them running around) instead of being just an errand boy/girl for the 12th year in a row.

Don't know if it'll last, don't know if it's WoW's reneissance or a swan song, but it looks to be a pretty good effort either way.
    Last edited by mmocd2effbd770; 2016-08-31 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    Sooo...someone can't have an opinion on something after a day or two? Someone can't have had fun and enjoyed the experience thus far, because it's only been a day? Damn, it must be boring living such a super serious life.
    Did you even read the OP? He's literally gushing over it, claiming it's a return to WoW's roots and "forgiving their past sins":

"Let me be the first to pardon for their past sins...the last 2 years of content draught was 100% worth it at this point. This is the return of WoW. The game I fell in love with."

The last 2 years of content drought was worth it? Are you kidding me? You haven't even seen a raid yet, ffs. This is delusional fanboy nonsense.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Konwizzle View Post
    Yeah, everyone thought WoD was amazing when it came out. People were even praising garrisons...

The questing was a complete joke though. No challenge, no danger, no sense of adventure or achievement. The only thing good about it was that it was fast and easy.
    This. I'm actually using my cooking and first aid to reduce my downtime after fights. Legion feels nostalgic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let give some time before judging the expansion. I remember everyone was praising Blizz at the launch of WoD. So far, I love the leveling content. I am at lvl 102, clearing Val'Sharah and I love it so far. I ran one dungeon - The Thicket one - and it was ok.

let the expnasion age at least ..... now you say everything is great lets see how it looks in a year
    Of course, if you wanted to come on and say "THIS EXPANSION SUX ONLY BEEN 2 DAYS AND I CAN TELL HURRRRR" then you would bandwagon with everyone else.

Expansion is great. Then you come on and...

Shitters just want to shit on everything. Sad, really.
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

10+ Year Old Account
    No shit a game is boring after 1 year. Legion is still top work. Better then any other top titles right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

I've been playing WoW since 04' and I have to tell you that I'm incredibly shocked just how much fun this xpan has been thus far. I personally didn't care for the last three, but found reasons to play w/ my friends in either raids or arenas. This xpan seems very rich in it's storytelling and how it draws you into it.

Let's hope that when I look back on this post in six months that I have more good things to say...

Quote Originally Posted by RNDZ View Post
    This. I'm actually using my cooking and first aid to reduce my downtime after fights. Legion feels nostalgic.

Here is your $5.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    Of course, if you wanted to come on and say "THIS EXPANSION SUX ONLY BEEN 2 DAYS AND I CAN TELL HURRRRR" then you would bandwagon with everyone else.

Expansion is great. Then you come on and...

Shitters just want to shit on everything. Sad, really.
    i didnt say anything negativ in my post why would you assume it was meant ngative ? im just saying people open those threads with best expansion ever every expansion launch it's been 2 days this is not neraly enough time to judge a huge expansion like this people should give it time. calling it the best xpac ever after 2 days makes you jump the hype bandwagon

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    No shit a game is boring after 1 year. Legion is still top work. Better then any other top titles right now.
    what top titels are you talking about what major MMO did come out this year ? if you talk about black desert and Balde and Soul i wont consider them TOP
    Last edited by Koji2k11; 2016-08-31 at 06:17 PM.
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

10+ Year Old Account
    i didnt say anything negativ in my post why would you assume it was meant ngative ? im just saying people open those threads with best expansion ever every expansion launch it's been 2 days this is not neraly enough time to judge a huge expansion like this people should give it time. calling it the best xpac ever after 2 days makes you jump the hype bandwagon

what top titels are you talking about what major MMO did come out this year ? if you talk about black desert and Balde and Soul i wont consider them TOP
    Talking about other MMOs that are consider to be WoW quality. Aka GW2, ESO etc.

We both know that WoW is always far ahead then any of these games.

WoW shall always be #1 mmorpg till it dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Glad to hear it. I haven't had a chance to play Legion with the exception of getting a demon hunter to 100. After hearing a lot of good things about it I'm actually looking forward to sitting on my ass later today with a cold beer and getting some questing in. I just need to figure out which one to level first!

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    It's clear and obvious from every single element of this expansion, that this was the developer's main focus. Every single minute of Legion's questing, dungeons, art and sound design, storyboarding...all of it shows just how much love and care Blizzard have put into this expansion. Every zone is 100% relevant and reverent to the universe and design. Every single character and quest is lovingly crafted for us to actually enjoy a cohesive and captivating narrative.

Then you hit 110 and a whole new world of content unlocks. World quests actually do make you feel, in a way that dailies never could, as if you're carrying on the task you started in the leveling zones, continuing the fight against the forces of the Legion or helping each of the factions bolster their forces and maintain the balance present in the zones. The game at max level now gives us an entire new zone to explore and an entire new narrative to continue along with persistent questing for our friends we've already made. No more Apexis murder bars with no real content. Every world quest gives us new dialogue and plot, delivering in fully voice-acted glory by the NPCs we've come to grow close with. Finally, we see WoW become the RPG we've wanted for over a decade. For maybe the first time in years, this feels like the same crew who created the epic narrative of Warcraft 3.

We finally know what all those extra developers were doing over the last few years. Let me be the first to pardon for their past sins...the last 2 years of content draught was 100% worth it at this point. This is the return of WoW. The game I fell in love with.
    None of this means anything 2 days into a expansion....Let's not forget that WoD was receiving it's praises as well early on until weeks past and the make-up finally ran off the pig and we saw it for what it was. Am not convinced....I won't be going back to the game unless people are saying this weeks in when it stands the test of time.

I've not had this much fun leveling and questing in maybe a decade, literally. I'm reading all the quests, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    Tbh i think every time new expansion has come out it feels like the best thing ever. Wod honestly felt like best stuff ever when i was questing, and i think even now Wod has probably the best quests.
    Lets just hope the love and care continues after this. Wod didnt fail at laucnh, it failed after it because no content.
    But i feel positive about this one for now
    The questing of WoD was a complete joke i was falling asleep...Is Legion the same way where the difficulty is brain dead and you die more times falling of cliffs then to actual combat ? This has been one of the banes of WoW since Cata.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't say much yet, as I've barely played due to work the last two days. All I've really done is Artifact acquisition on my Death Knight, messed around with making a Demon Hunter and started my Class Hall/explored Dalaran. Overall liked the Artifact thing, although I've not see many others so I'll wait to judge by comparison. It did feel pretty short, and the thing of every other DK doing it at the same time was infuriating to me as Mobs I should have attacked were dead already. The start of the Class Campaign was much stronger to me. Whilst I know where in general it's going, it felt very cool.

As for Demon Hunter, looks awesome, heard play style is some sort of fel rush/vengeful retreat or boring. Still, I need an actual name (My main choice was taken, my second choice I've fallen out of love with, and I can't think what to call it).

Other than that, Dalaran. Seemed okay. Strongly disliked the Sewers with the Free For All on a PVE Server. Can understand on a PVP Server but I wasn't there for PVP. Found out how quickly the guards disappeared and how fast it takes for a 110 Druid to kill a 100 DK (I popped IBF before dying a few seconds later). Not looking forward to BMAH being there in the slightest.

Will play more soon. Unsure how much I'll get done tonight due to sleepiness. Was disappointed however to see a Guild Member already had a Legendary Item. Probably only just got rid of their Legendary Ring and now they have a new one.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

my only complaint so far is that i reached 110, skipping a lot of stuff and ignoring dungeons, halfway through highmountain and now i cant decide if i should finish it or visit khadgar who i assume will send me to suramar...

10+ Year Old Account
    Calm your Blizz boner theee buddy, you're less than 2 days into the expansion. Continuous content is what matters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny McCormick View Post
    Well warlords looked like shit from beta , legion doesn't...
    It actually does.