Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    come back when you try both ele and boomkin at 110 and you'll find your feelings may have swapped
    Log-wise Moonkin outshines Elemental. I don't know what Elemental should get on 110 that will make it better than Moonkin.

Suramar with 820 is still very tight. Will start leveling mage tomorrow and report back about questing experience pre and post 110 compared to Elemental.

Where the trinket listings at? Anyone have something at least preliminary?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmanmao View Post
    Where the trinket listings at? Anyone have something at least preliminary?
    From the Shaman Discord;

Wil
    840+ Naraxas' Spiked Tongue > 840+ Oakheart's Gnarled Root > 850 Darkmoon Deck: Hellfire > 840+ Portable Manacracker is the relative order of trinkets u want preraid as of now

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

Wth is wrong with Blizzard's Shaman class designer? In comparison Ele is sh*t. Sorry to say that. Anyone who doesn't belive me try playing with Moonkin. Better overall class design, far superior damage, better self healing, better defensive CDs.
    Ele shaman burst crushes moonkin. Self healing and def cds are nice, but I'll take that burst any day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not end-game or anything elitistic, but I'm amazed of how much of a difference is between leveling as Ele and Enh.
    It's a huge huge discrepancy in fluidity and speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Ele shaman burst crushes moonkin. Self healing and def cds are nice, but I'll take that burst any day.
    Ehm I don't think so. When we have proc luck that might be true but not with the usual rotation (not even with Stormkeeper). Let alone Half Moon and Full Moon do stack up to insane burst, then you can weave Starsurge and other things between. Maybe proc burst of Ele is better but I still prefer the Moonkin (as of now).

Is anybody else disappointed with the artifact skill? In comparison it's really week. They either need to increase the damage to 300%, the amount to 5 or decrease the CD by 15 / 20 seconds - and the skill should be off the global CD. Compared to other classes skills Stormkeeper is quite weak.

Does someone have a spec that won't get me laughed out Mythics? It's disgusting trying to build up Maelstrom to EQ and meanwhile the WW or rogue, or basically any melee has already farted out like 5 million damage.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmanmao View Post
    Does someone have a spec that won't get me laughed out Mythics? It's disgusting trying to build up Maelstrom to EQ and meanwhile the WW or rogue, or basically any melee has already farted out like 5 million damage.
    Large amount of people I've played with have temporarily swapped to Enh until blizzard starts making tuning passes pre-raid (hopefully?). You'll still have time to get both gear sets built, and will only put your artifact back by ~1 trait, if that.

Quote Originally Posted by freddy090909 View Post
    Large amount of people I've played with have temporarily swapped to Enh until blizzard starts making tuning passes pre-raid (hopefully?). You'll still have time to get both gear sets built, and will only put your artifact back by ~1 trait, if that.
    Let's hope they'll do this. Elemental in WoD was in a similar spot than Elemental is now - and they never were able to balance Elemental to be competitive in WoD (which is sad - I like the Legion-Ele).

Deleted
    I'm looking for a Preraid BiS list for Elemental. Preferably with alterative options to some items. Is there such a list?

Let's hope they'll do this. Elemental in WoD was in a similar spot than Elemental is now - and they never were able to balance Elemental to be competitive in WoD (which is sad - I like the Legion-Ele).
    I think Elemental balancing will be very hard to do. Looking at our artifact and legendaries - they all look weak, comparatively. I see us falling farther and farther behind as people gear up. No way will Blizz be able to keep bandaid buffing to keep Elemental competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpalspork View Post
    I think Elemental balancing will be very hard to do. Looking at our artifact and legendaries - they all look weak, comparatively. I see us falling farther and farther behind as people gear up. No way will Blizz be able to keep bandaid buffing to keep Elemental competitive.
    I'm not sure about that - compared to Moonkin our golden traits are (imho) amazing. I don't know the uptime of the Volcanic Inferno but the damage seems to be very high (when proccing). Power of the Maelstorm sounds quite nice as well and Fury of the Storms... I don't know how good the Lightning Elemental is.

My issue with Ele (I'm usually Resto but leveled to 110 as Ele) is that Lightning Bolt is so weak. Sure we can turn it into a hard hitter every minute but besides that? It's just a very very very very weak filler spell. Maybe it get's better with Power of the Maelstorm but I don't know.

I made some DPS tests as Enhancer / Elemental and I got ~ 15% less DPS on Ele with the same equip.

I'm not sure about that - compared to Moonkin our golden traits are (imho) amazing. I don't know the uptime of the Volcanic Inferno but the damage seems to be very high (when proccing). Power of the Maelstorm sounds quite nice as well and Fury of the Storms... I don't know how good the Lightning Elemental is.

My issue with Ele (I'm usually Resto but leveled to 110 as Ele) is that Lightning Bolt is so weak. Sure we can turn it into a hard hitter every minute but besides that? It's just a very very very very weak filler spell. Maybe it get's better with Power of the Maelstorm but I don't know.

I made some DPS tests as Enhancer / Elemental and I got ~ 15% less DPS on Ele with the same equip.
    I've been super disappointed with Power of the Maelstrom so far. The proc chance feels way too low to provide any meaningful impact, especially if you look to align it with the artifact ability. If anything, the feedback I've heard from beta testers is that our entire artifact is on the weak side of the spectrum.

For now, I think I will join the Enhancement party like so many others.

How are, Elementals in legion dungeons on trash and bosses?

Does the 5min Elemental hurts boss damage when its not avaible? Are ppl taking Ascendence for boss burst or Lava totem for trash aoe?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post

Does the 5min Elemental hurts boss damage when its not avaible? Are ppl taking Ascendence for boss burst or Lava totem for trash aoe?
    Elemental is doing very poorly in dungeons this first week - if possible, just do dungeons as enh.

For your other questions: The elemental won't be 5 minutes anymore once you get to level cap - elementalist makes it closer to a 3 minute cooldown (which is more than enough time between bosses). For your 100 talent, lightning rod seems to be the go-to for dungeons; its damage is fairly competitive with asc on bosses, and it gives you slightly more chance to do decently on AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by freddy090909 View Post
    Elemental is doing very poorly in dungeons this first week - if possible, just do dungeons as enh.

For your other questions: The elemental won't be 5 minutes anymore once you get to level cap - elementalist makes it closer to a 3 minute cooldown (which is more than enough time between bosses). For your 100 talent, lightning rod seems to be the go-to for dungeons; its damage is fairly competitive with asc on bosses, and it gives you slightly more chance to do decently on AoE.
    Ty still leveling as prot paladin, but considering elemental as the "main alt" but with all doom and gloom I dont know, I will be doing mythic+ mostly

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post

Ele + Primal Fire Elemental = very high damage - besides that... "okay". I don't know if any caster is worse than Elemental right now (maybe Shadow Priest or any of the Mage / WL specs).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Menubrea View Post
    I've been super disappointed with Power of the Maelstrom so far. The proc chance feels way too low to provide any meaningful impact, especially if you look to align it with the artifact ability. If anything, the feedback I've heard from beta testers is that our entire artifact is on the weak side of the spectrum.

For now, I think I will join the Enhancement party like so many others.
    The problem here (I mentioned it on the last page) is the low damage of Lightning Bolt overall. It's only worth casting with Stormkeeper, besides that LB is sh*t, sorry to say that. I try to avoid casting LB as often as possible (I tried different specs with maximum LvB casts etc.) because the time you waste on casting it isn't worth it at all.

I don't know if the whole artifact is on the weak side, Stormkeeper as a skill is it definitely. It's just too weak.

Right now I am torn like in WoD although Elemental Shaman "feels" better than in WoD. I doubt Blizzard will fix our damage (and lets not talk about the awfulness of Earthquake Totem).

Anyone know how our rotation/talents change with the legendary shoulders? Earth shock at lower levels? Aftershock?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Can one of you expert theorycrafters help me out? Ive seen various builds and stat priorities. On wowhead the guide lists 2 different builds. One takes fs talent and echoes and actually lists crit as worst stat. Then the more standard build running primal elementalist with the haste talent that promotes heavily stacking crit. Ive even seen a couple people on wow forums promoting Lightning rod as viable single target. Im not asking for full builds, I can experiment and kinda figure out what I enjoy.

What Im wondering is which secondary stats correlate well with our spells?

Which secondary stat synnergizes best with lava burst centric builds?

What about for the more standard burst build?

On another note, are the proc trinkets always better than the stat sticks from world quests? I have an 850 int/crit trinket, but how would that compare to one of the 840 proc trinkets?
    Last edited by Jooji; 2016-09-04 at 04:42 PM.