Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Because he was responsible for wasting a least a year of development time and money, which both harmed the games reputation/chances of success as it stalled in a major way and required them to be beholden to more investors as he raised money to continue development.

It's not all on him, especially the pretty lackluster direction the game went in after he left. But he basically derailed the game in a major way and everything afterwards was the rest of the development team trying desperately to get the train back on the rails and convince their passengers that the obnoxiously long, bumpy ride was over and things will be smooth from hereon out.

Also, sad but totally expected. Now to wonder if The9 will somehow keep the PS4 port going or if they're just going to spin the whole thing down.
    Interesting to see if Ember suffers a similar fate - wouldn't touch that new crowdfunded debacle-in-waiting with a 3 million dollar bus... oops, apparently that is one of his many sore spots....

Oh well, folks will probably give money, as the wag once famously said "There's a sucker born every minute."

Out of respect for this community, I am not posting a link to any of the ridiculous "promotional videos" either.

There hasn't been anyone at the studio in like, months, so... it's more surprising that it took this long.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

That sucks, but I'm surprised it didn't happen much sooner. I was expecting it at the end of 2015, when that story came out about how Red5 couldn't afford to pay its employees that week in December (on top of all the layoffs that were going on late in the year). Even though the game has sort of managed to hang on since then, it seems like things have been slowly going down the shitter for pretty much all of 2016.

Sad. I hope something else like Firefall comes along, because I really loved it when I started playing. I guess there is this "Ember" thing, but I'll believe that when I see it. Kern is still talking pretty big about it.

Looks like the actual red5 Studios site is also down. Their twitter is still up, but there's nothing more recent than 2014 on it.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-08-30 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Sad. I hope something else like Firefall comes along, because I really loved it when I started playing. I guess there is this "Ember" thing, but I'll believe that when I see it. Kern is still talking pretty big about it.
    Zero faith. He already quietly and unceremoniously abandoned his 8-bit VR MMO thingy or whatever it was he started after getting fired, and given that he never had any kind of clear vision for Firefall to begin with (hence the dozen or so major redesigns it received in beta) I have even less faith that he'd be able to make anything of the game now.

He's doing his usual fishing for attention, nothing more.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the Firefall site and game are back up......for now.

This game was so much fun back in early beta when they first started offering those commander packs. Seems like everything they tried to shoehorn into the game after the 0.6 patch for the sake of microtransactions just gutted its soul.

The red5studios.com site appears to be back online as well (it was down yesterday along with the Firefall site and game). I can't find any official updates/news on any of the stuff that happened yesterday though.

The red5studios.com site appears to be back online as well (it was down yesterday along with the Firefall site and game). No official updates that I can find on any of the stuff that happened yesterday though.
    Interesting, maybe the janitor for the building tripped over a power cord yesterday without realizing it and plugged it back in today? : P

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Interesting, maybe the janitor for the building tripped over a power cord yesterday without realizing it and plugged it back in today? : P
    Assuming they can still afford a janitor. xD

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming they can still afford a janitor. xD
    He's the same guy who patches the game, so yes...they got one.
    BAD WOLF