Page 39 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    In the land of the 'free' he's entitled to do that.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

people freak out about the weirdest things

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    In the land of the 'free' he's entitled to do that.
    He certainly is, just as people are free to criticize his position and method of protest.

He's a 2nd rate quarterback and a douche.

10+ Year Old Account
    it never ceases to amaze me how i can literally tell people no one gives a fuck he didnt stand for the anthem

then they're like well he doesn't have to stand for the anthem if he doesn't want to

and i come in like yeah umm did you miss the part where he just wants to shit on the police like every other entitled minority in this country? like yeah there are some cops out there doing shit they shouldn't, but a lot of this shit has gone farther than it needs to. it's needlessly just sparking something violent. in a lot of these cases these cops wouldn't have been as violent as they were if they did not have to be to keep their lives and do their jobs.

then they're like oh well did u know the anthem is pretty fuckin racist anyway? fuck the anthem

always some fuckin excuse about something white people did 80 years ago when you're not even talking to anyone who's 70

like f'real man show me someone who actually gives a fuck he didn't stand. im sure some of them are out there but like other players expressed it was more shocking and like "well ok i think that's wrong but hey man whatever you do you" than an outrage. but i just think it's funny for someone who throws and runs after a ball for a living and is set for the rest of his life is going to criticize people who unknowingly put themselves in danger every day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post

[...]

like f'real man show me someone who actually gives a fuck he didn't stand. im sure some of them are out there but like other players expressed it was more shocking and like "well ok i think that's wrong but hey man whatever you do you" than an outrage. but i just think it's funny for someone who throws and runs after a ball for a living and is set for the rest of his life is going to criticize people who unknowingly put themselves in danger every day
    How do they "unknowingly" put themselves in danger every day?

I agree though that people give way too much time to what actors/sports players and musicians say when they have rarely, if ever, credentials to present their perspective that many idiots will see as factual because they are successful. Being wealthier than the average person should not prevent you from taking a social stand pro/con x or y, though, as hypocritical as it might be :v

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    He certainly is, just as people are free to criticize his position and method of protest.

He's a 2nd rate quarterback and a douche.
    As long as the criticism is constructive and based on observable facts, sure. The problem is that the discourse often relies on all-encompassing statements about a race or group of people in a very fallacious way - on both sides.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    And other people are free to argue whether or not such criticism is valid.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account

I found humor in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Playing the national anthem in itself is a political statement.
    Its more of a tradition type of thing.

We even play the canadian one when teams go play toronto in baseball and w.e in hockey. When the NFL goes to london they play theirs as wells

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I found humor in this.
    Look at those tiny hands. Love it.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account

I found humor in this.
    I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say here but Trump has my vote because he can bring back jobs from the east back into the mainland.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found humor in this.
    I've been pointing similar for nearly a year... https://youtu.be/spo1jK4CCEU

Posting conspiracy theories that are fundamentally flawed and then complaining the media doesn't mention it, is on par with that image. The only hope I have is that people have a bit more self awareness off line, then they seem to online.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
    I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say here but Trump has my vote because he can bring back jobs from the east back into the mainland.
    Make sure to vote for him twice. It's a new rule just for Montreal. Signed today...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I've been pointing similar for nearly a year... https://youtu.be/spo1jK4CCEU

Posting conspiracy theories that are fundamentally flawed and then complaining the media doesn't mention it, is on par with that image. The only hope I have is that people have a bit more self awareness off line, then they seem to online.

- - - Updated - - -

Make sure to vote for him twice. It's a new rule just for Montreal. Signed today...
    Well my wife will be getting that absentee ballot and all so, in a way, you're right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well my wife will be getting that absentee ballot and all so, in a way, you're right.
    Yeah, we need a wall with Canada. Sick of you stealing our votes...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you not understand that picture? It's incredibly obvious what it's saying.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yeah, we need a wall with Canada. Sick of you stealing our votes...
    Heh, at least we can make it out of ice or something. Way cheaper than concrete though in Summer we might have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    But it could have, there was no guarantee that someone would have noticed and bring it up. Had he said something BEFORE the preseason, it would have been a different matter.

You can still bring nationwide attention while announcing you are starting a charity or public cause. He chose to do it silently with the HOPES that it went noticed. Had it not get noticed, what was his next move?
    Or maybe he was doing it because it was something he believes in and chooses not to support. That's his right. You're assuming this was all some grand scheme because you're desperate to make him look like a villain.

- - - Updated - - -

"I have no idea the irony of my stance, but I'm voting for a guy because of a false promise that is next to impossible"

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    How do you not understand that picture? It's incredibly obvious what it's saying.
    There's a difference in reaction to presidential nominee speaking at the proper venue to a crowd that came to see him vs reaction to a washout qb deciding to make a spectacle of himself and expecting cheers and dick riding. (Don't worry. Trump wants people on his dick, too.)

Oh. And Trump says it was and can be great AGAIN. Kaepernick just flat out thinks the country is awful since the beginning of time. I his joke of a reason is to be believed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    There's a difference in reaction to presidential nominee speaking at the proper venue to a crowd that came to see him vs reaction to a washout qb deciding to make a spectacle of himself and expecting cheers and dick riding. (Don't worry. Trump wants people on his dick, too.)

Oh. And Trump says it was and can be great AGAIN. Kaepernick just flat out thinks the country is awful since the beginning of time. I his joke of a reason is to be believed.
    Lol the mental gymnastics. Rio's over, baby.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    I was kidding and trying to depict the blindingly stupid attitude of some of his supporters that would defend him for something they would chastise others for doing. I'm bad at sarcasm :'(

I was kidding and trying to depict the blindingly stupid attitude of some of his supporters that would defend him for something they would chastise others for doing. I'm bad at sarcasm :'(
    When doing that you have to find a way to go over the top. It's hard to do as they seem to know no bounds to supporting him for doing really stupid shit.