Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Who needs that addon really? -.-

Guess people don't really play for as long as they say here, or they would not say "this is the best launch evaaaaaaa".

Cataclysm was smooth, even MoP was. The worst of all was WoD because of the huge garrison bottleneck that they didn't care until launch (and not thinking that all those players would really come back to WoW, growing the playerbase from 4-6M to 10M+ again).

Them people credit all this "smooth" to the new mob tag system that won't let them wait or fight for mobs to finish their quests and talk about that as it would have anything to do with a smooth launch for server or game code bug problems

There were many quests with bugs (and were reported in beta), some artifact quests with problems not letting people play the game at all, sharks in stormheim aggroing and killing people on land or ships... and the list goes on.

But yes, for server stability only, the launch was "ok".

Until DDOS attacks started.

Honestly never noticed that bar on the screen, let alone the need to hide it. How much screen real estate is needed when in the order hall?

Quote Originally Posted by -Xerxes- View Post
    Who needs that addon really? -.-
    Anyone with a addon that puts a bar in there already.

I use Titan Panel and it used to be a mess because of that.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    It was the smoothest launce because less people play wow now !
    I would say that is true, except there are still twice the amount of people playing now than there were playing BC, and that was the worst launch ever.

Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post
    Guess people don't really play for as long as they say here, or they would not say "this is the best launch evaaaaaaa".

Cataclysm was smooth, even MoP was.
    MoP wasnt exactly...The first part of the Alliance intro quest was glitched, and you had to interact with an object that at least 100 other people were trying to click on...took over 30mins just to get past that. Massive overlook from Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    The servers are all low population even the big ones are full not locked as use to be the old days .
    IIRC this is because all realms had a capacity increase earlier this year.

Deleted
    The Irony is real here finally a good launch too bad the game is already dead and damaged by terrible developers decisions.

I've now seen people complain about the swarms of players during launch AND the absence of 200 players standing around a single quest giver.

In all seriousness, it's awesome that we've gone from multiple server crashes and the death throes of engineers who are losing whack-a-mole, to having a 40 minute queue max on launch day. Even more impressive considering the DDoS, good job blizz

Smoothest launch ever ? Try telling that to the people who still can't play in EU...

Deleted
    focus on Mage... feak class ever again... and stop doing shit like druid's Full moon ability...

Cataclysm was smooth, even MoP was. The worst of all was WoD because of the huge garrison bottleneck that they didn't care until launch (and not thinking that all those players would really come back to WoW, growing the playerbase from 4-6M to 10M+ again).

Them people credit all this "smooth" to the new mob tag system that won't let them wait or fight for mobs to finish their quests and talk about that as it would have anything to do with a smooth launch for server or game code bug problems

There were many quests with bugs (and were reported in beta), some artifact quests with problems not letting people play the game at all, sharks in stormheim aggroing and killing people on land or ships... and the list goes on.

But yes, for server stability only, the launch was "ok".

Until DDOS attacks started.
    Holy shit it doesn't matter what you say, or how good you do, some kid on the internet is always going to have something to say to the contrary. In Cata we were stuck in the underwater zone for 7 hours picking up an item on the ground with a ridiculously long respawn time. In MOP we were stuck at the first zone 3 quests in for 17 hours. How the fuck is this not better than those two. I played for 22 hours straight without a disconnect or a single ounce of lag. Be positive for once in your life.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a bar when you enter your class hall? I never noticed it lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    The worst of all was WoD because of the huge garrison bottleneck that they didn't care until launch...
    According to the engineering panel at Blizzcon, it was actually due to the server blades accidentally getting mixed up during a previous maintenance. They had retrofitted a bunch of blades with double the RAM to accommodate garrisons, but the server infrastructure for WoW is sort of archaic and requires specific blades to be booted in a certain order. After performing a maintenance, some of the upgraded blades got put in the wrong part of the sequence, causing some of the instance servers to not have enough RAM to handle all the garrison instances getting spawned.

The problem was just amplified by the bottleneck that funneled all players into that quest and prevented progress without completing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    I don't like other people "messing" with my questing.
    Same here, actually. It's always bugged me when some random guy with a stupid name runs up and attacks the mobs I'm fighting, or when some jackass on a motorcycle is jumping around while I'm trying to read quest text or listen to dialogue.

Nine times out of ten, encountering other players just breaks my immersion.

Quote Originally Posted by tumppu View Post
    They should have just implemented a quest to turn in 5 bear asses for +500 rep, so all the murdering peeps would have had time to think about their actions and reactions
    They should have just implemented a quest to turn in 5 bear asses for +5 rep.

FTFY

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muSPK View Post
    Smoothest launch maybe, but now the game almost feels like a single player game due to everyone being channeled to other channels so we wont see each other...And I thought this was an MMO.
    I haven't seen that at all except for the artifact quests...because dozens of people obtaining Ashbringer at the same time makes it feel so much less unique, than it already is?

About the mod, did we really need this? It's a small bar in a non combat zone, you'd think it took up half the screen with how fast someone rushed to put out a mod.

Thanks MMO-Champion for showing the addon on the front page

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    About the mod, did we really need this? It's a small bar in a non combat zone, you'd think it took up half the screen with how fast someone rushed to put out a mod.

It wasn't really fast, there were already a few threads made about the order hall bar, this mod was only released July 18 on Curse
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20745095494

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hate the order hall bar. It makes me feel claustrophobic like there is a ceiling outside.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketho View Post
    Thanks MMO-Champion for showing the addon on the front page

It wasn't really fast, there were already a few threads made about the order hall bar, this mod was only released July 18 on Curse
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20745095494
    Oh...figured it was just released, after Legion.

But either way the bar isn't that big lol...some people I guess. Doesn't bother me at all personally...but I guess in this age of WoW people will complain about the tiniest little things.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Oh...figured it was just released, after Legion.

But either way the bar isn't that big lol...some people I guess. Doesn't bother me at all personally...but I guess in this age of WoW people will complain about the tiniest little things.
    Nobody is complaining about anything. And if you use an add on that puts anything up there (like Titan Panel) it did not play nice