Quote Originally Posted by tangocash View Post
    you first watched the movie on camrip
    I'm afraid what you claim was physically impossible, if you check the dates.

Also, it seem that you guys are just envious we can enjoy* our 5.1 FullHD Warcraft now, when you have to wait until October.

----
    * used figuratively.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    You already got banned once for lying about this, do you feel like risking it again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    I'm afraid you're a filthy liar, if we check your infractions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    SNIP....

If you would have really looked up the pictures you would have seen that the flooding only appeared in the lower regions of that city near the river line.
    Again vague evidence for some serious claims.
    SNIP...
    And you should have looked harder and it spread a bit farther than just the river line. and not really vague. The finger is pointed really clearly but when Wanda "holds all the information they can bend it all they want." (Thank you John Mayer)

and like I said, I can't imagine going to the movies was all that important at the time to see the increase they claim.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/0...105003025.html

http://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-bui...-99286053.html

Look, I don't know the validity of the article but it does have plausibility. Not just in the weather and the strange percent increase but with how "Wanda’s power in every link of the Chinese film industry supply chain" and what seems for them a very desperate want to be the number one Film based area next to the U.S. or overtaking the U.S. entirely. I wouldn't put it past a massive conglomerate to want that title and to want it to happen especially if they control most aspects of it.

Would I put it past them to hype numbers? Hell no and now that we are seeing what Osmeric showed in that linked article with, "Wanda shelves asset plan after July's box-office decline in China"

Sorry but it seems a bit too fishy for me in it coming back around like that.
    Last edited by quras; 2016-08-29 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    And you should have looked harder and it spread a bit farther than just the river line. and not really vague. The finger is pointed really clearly but when Wanda "holds all the information they can bend it all they want." (Thank you John Mayer)

and like I said, I can't imagine going to the movies was all that important at the time to see the increase they claim.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/0...105003025.html

http://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-bui...-99286053.html

Look, I don't know the validity of the article but it does have plausibility. Not just in the weather and the strange percent increase but with how "Wanda’s power in every link of the Chinese film industry supply chain" and what seems for them a very desperate want to be the number one Film based area next to the U.S. or overtaking the U.S. entirely. I wouldn't put it past a massive conglomerate to want that title and to want it to happen especially if they control most aspects of it.

Would I put it past them to hype numbers? Hell no and now that we are seeing what Osmeric showed in that linked article with, "Wanda shelves asset plan after July's box-office decline in China"

Sorry but it seems a bit too fishy for me in it coming back around like that.
    But Warcraft was shown in June, not the whole of July

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    But Warcraft was shown in June, not the whole of July
    Hell if I know. Maybe money world wide doesn't rush in but a trickle effect over many weeks when it comes to book keeping. So numbers for June techinically gets pushed to weeks later as actual income.

I just think it's a plausible theory when looking at it all and that something just doesn't add up on the Wanda end.
    Last edited by quras; 2016-08-29 at 07:13 PM.

Deleted
    Joe Rogan n co about rotten tomatoes

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    https://www.thrillist.com/entertainm...ones-interview

Well, this close the circle I guess.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    https://www.thrillist.com/entertainm...ones-interview

Well, this close the circle I guess.
    I think its sweet to finally hear what Duncan has to say after it all. He seems to be happy how well the movie did in Europe and China! I would be too

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    link
    What an idiot Jones is. The movie made just $165M worldwide, that is a flop. The only country it was popular in was China, that says tons about the quality.

And those attempts to put the blame on the editing... not on his mismanagement of budget and inability to make the cast play. He's not even ashamed... They should've stopped on Raimi.

Deleted
    What an idiot Jones is. The movie made just $165M worldwide, that is a flop. The only country it was popular in was China, that says tons about the quality.

And those attempts to put the blame on the editing... not on his mismanagement of budget and inability to make the cast play. He's not even ashamed... They should've stopped on Raimi.
    Right what an idiot considering the movie made only 2 dollars and 25 cents worldwide with a budget of 25 trillion what a flop

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its sweet to finally hear what Duncan has to say after it all. He seems to be happy how well the movie did in Europe and China! I would be too
    Frustration still trumphs over that, is evident and understandable.

He also pretty much confirmed with detailed explanation why the chances of getting a director's cut are basically null. Disappointed but not surprised.

So Collider movies just discussed the possibility of a sequel, and while all agreed they do not mind seeing a sequel, 2 out of 3 said they would rather have someone else directing it. Not saying Duncan is a bad director, but they felt he should move on to something original instead and have someone who's better at tackling fantasy movies to direct a sequel instead.

I'd have to disagree on this. While there may be other "better" director's out there, this really is Duncan's work and he'd love to keep going as well. While a sequel directed by someone else might be good as well, it might not feel the same if it isn't Duncan behind the camera. He knows the universe, he already have the story planned out (him and Metzen), so I'd rather have him be the one.

Also Duncan said on Twitter that, if it turns out a sequel just isn't happening, he'd love to share his vision of a sequel with everyone. I suggested to him to write a novel

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd have to disagree on this.
    I do as well. Obviously I can't speak for everyone and I know some people simply love the exact things I hate, but I don't honestly give a shit about a new Warcraft project of the kind Raimi clearly had in mind. Duncan's project was ambitious and faithful to the franchise, that's something I appreciate more than a shallow movie that doesn't take any risks and just try to do its poor safe job (aka, grabbing some money by exploiting an important videogame franchise and cya). That's why I can't stand the Resident Evil movies, no matter how much money that goddamn saga is able to make.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Collider movies just discussed the possibility of a sequel, and while all agreed they do not mind seeing a sequel, 2 out of 3 said they would rather have someone else directing it. Not saying Duncan is a bad director, but they felt he should move on to something original instead and have someone who's better at tackling fantasy movies to direct a sequel instead.

I'd have to disagree on this. While there may be other "better" director's out there, this really is Duncan's work and he'd love to keep going as well. While a sequel directed by someone else might be good as well, it might not feel the same if it isn't Duncan behind the camera. He knows the universe, he already have the story planned out (him and Metzen), so I'd rather have him be the one.

Also Duncan said on Twitter that, if it turns out a sequel just isn't happening, he'd love to share his vision of a sequel with everyone. I suggested to him to write a novel
    The thing is I liked Duncan's directing the man had actual passion for Warcraft, unless they get someone else who feels the same I feel the next person they bring in will have no knowledge of Warcraft and make it horrible. Warcraft was a good movie but its was horrible rushed int he first 30 minutes and that isn't a director issue.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I'm sorry, I don't follow. What exactly does it say about the quality when Chinese folks enjoy the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    The thing is I liked Duncan's directing the man had actual passion for Warcraft, unless they get someone else who feels the same I feel the next person they bring in will have no knowledge of Warcraft and make it horrible. Warcraft was a good movie but its was horrible rushed int he first 30 minutes and that isn't a director issue.
    Yeah even Duncan himself has said there was a lot going on and that he'd like things changed and stuff...

SNIP.....
    I actually agree with them. I don't think he did a particularly good job. We were suppose to get this 50/50 orcs and humans story and that isn't what we got. We got some great looking orcs but so few scenes that were all that good. Humans scenes and most of their acting (which is lead by the director) ranged from mediocre to just bad. But even if you down play that, the majority of humans scenes were just bad. The humans were nothing more than a back drop or fodder to make the orcs look better. Some dumbass put the idea in his head that orcs were the end all and be all but it was to the detriment of the film.

Now, I have always had a dislike for the absence of the demon blood drinking and how that was downplayed. How it ties the orcs to demons and the very reason they came to our world, ties them to medivh, ties Gul'dan to the demons and their twisted plan for the orcs that eventually leads to the awesome redemption. As a horde fan, That one pissed me off. They blame it all on fell magic and that being such a "F"ed up change. So with that and Gul'dan was chief and Orgrim with the wrong clan - Ugh. So no, I also don't think he did a stellar job on being faithful to the franchise leaving out something so pivotal to orcs all for the sake of getting the movie in China. (aka wheres my money bitches)

It felt more like, lets change some shit because its a movie and well no one should "F"ing care because we can make some jack.

I could write more but there is no real point. Warcraft is done and over for now and all I can hope for is a reboot with a new director. For all of Jones's passion for me didn't do jack shit for the final product except get a awesome CGI team. His warped story, to downplayed humans, to mediocre directing of the human actors, to over hyped orcs center stage at all costs to the detriment of most else or just his general lack of clout to get "the story told he wanted told" and shit got cut anyway.

I'll take someone else thanks.
    Last edited by quras; 2016-09-01 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post

So with that and Gul'dan was chief and Orgrim with the wrong clan - Ugh. So no, I also don't think he did a stellar job on being faithful to the franchise leaving out something so pivotal to orcs all for the sake of getting the movie in China. (aka wheres my money bitches)
    How does this connect?
    What do the changes he made have to do with getting the movie to China ?

Quote Originally Posted by Romano View Post
    How does this connect?
    What do the changes he made have to do with getting the movie to China ?
    Demon possession are an instant out in China. IIRC ghost are a problem as well. Things like skeletons can't even be shown in many cases. China's wow skeletons were all changed to dirt piles if I remember correctly. (you should still be able to find that).

The People Republic of China have a rather strict list of things that will not fly in China and they can be quick to ban them even with the already limited amount of movies that are allowed to be released there per year. Knowing warcraft had to be released in China due to the fanatic crowd you can bet money was a major factor in getting that changed.
    Last edited by quras; 2016-09-01 at 08:06 PM.