Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    Sooo...someone can't have an opinion on something after a day or two? Someone can't have had fun and enjoyed the experience thus far, because it's only been a day? Damn, it must be boring living such a super serious life.
    I had a super fun experience with WoD at launch.

Hence why I'd be hesitant to say Legion is good without tacking on a "So far".

I will agree with OP with one exception, and it's sadly the most important for me as a pvp'er: class design. PVP is less interesting with the ability prune, and my long-time favorite class, hunter, is a shell of what it once was. I can't even bring myself to play it because it makes me so angry to see what they did to the class.

If they could get the class design team up to the level of the rest of the team, WoW would truly be back. As it stands now, however, I'll probably just enjoy leveling a toon or two then go back to private servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowset View Post
    I will agree with OP with one exception, and it's sadly the most important for me as a pvp'er: class design. PVP is less interesting with the ability prune, and my long-time favorite class, hunter, is a shell of what it once was. I can't even bring myself to play it because it makes me so angry to see what they did to the class.

If they could get the class design team up to the level of the rest of the team, WoW would truly be back. As it stands now, however, I'll probably just enjoy leveling a toon or two then go back to private servers.
    I have heard this from some PvPers. I liked the ability prune myself but I don't PvP much. Plus classes I mained mostly didn't change much (Mage). I am not maining a DH and since I don't have an earlier comparison for them meh. I like their kit.

Mark today as the day that I have regained faith in Blizzard Entertainment. For the first time in nearly 3 years I am enjoying World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    I have heard this from some PvPers. I liked the ability prune myself but I don't PvP much.
    Yes, with pve, they can make the game interesting and challenging through boss and instance mechanics. With pvp, it's just this guy going up that guy, and using a list of abilities that each has. When the list of abilties is shorter, the game is less challenging and more predictable and people get bored with it easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    Wod didnt fail at laucnh, it failed after it because no content.
    WoD failed before launch when they had to spend virtually the entire Blizzcon where they announced it overexplaining the main-universe/alternate-universe/timeline jump plot and how everything co-habitated and then initially specifically announcing Farahlon to be added in a future patch but saying nothing about Tanaan creating the illusion that Tanaan would be available at launch because they didn't say otherwise then pretending they didn't mislead anyone when they said "No Tanaan at launch!" left a bad taste in everyone's mouth before the expansion shipped.

Deleted
    I dont understand the fascination behind world quests some people are having. Theyre nothing more than quests spread across the zones, dont rly understand :S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I found this group of Owlkin quests that seemed like it was going to be this big faction thing, and then they all died. It was great.
    RIP Cukkaw, your memory will live on.
    Last edited by mmoc2917e3885f; 2016-08-31 at 07:52 PM.

Everyone loved WOD and garrisons for the first few weeks. I will wait a bit before deciding how great Legion is.

Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    Sooo...someone can't have an opinion on something after a day or two? Someone can't have had fun and enjoyed the experience thus far, because it's only been a day? Damn, it must be boring living such a super serious life.
    No. But judging whole expansion after one "hyped" day shouldn't be taken as something serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    No. But judging whole expansion after one "hyped" day shouldn't be taken as something serious.
    While it's understandable, I was tired of Draenor pretty quickly, but that's because they were raping lore that I knew and loved.

Quote Originally Posted by Garmond View Post
    I dont understand the fascination behind world quests some people are having. Theyre nothing more than quests spread across the zones, dont rly understand :S
    The newness hasn't worn off yet. Give it a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    let the expnasion age at least ..... now you say everything is great lets see how it looks in a year
    I'm sure you do the same thing when you don't like something, right?

WoW's back boyz

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    It's clear and obvious from every single element of this expansion, that this was the developer's main focus. Every single minute of Legion's questing, dungeons, art and sound design, storyboarding...all of it shows just how much love and care Blizzard have put into this expansion. Every zone is 100% relevant and reverent to the universe and design. Every single character and quest is lovingly crafted for us to actually enjoy a cohesive and captivating narrative.

Then you hit 110 and a whole new world of content unlocks. World quests actually do make you feel, in a way that dailies never could, as if you're carrying on the task you started in the leveling zones, continuing the fight against the forces of the Legion or helping each of the factions bolster their forces and maintain the balance present in the zones. The game at max level now gives us an entire new zone to explore and an entire new narrative to continue along with persistent questing for our friends we've already made. No more Apexis murder bars with no real content. Every world quest gives us new dialogue and plot, delivering in fully voice-acted glory by the NPCs we've come to grow close with. Finally, we see WoW become the RPG we've wanted for over a decade. For maybe the first time in years, this feels like the same crew who created the epic narrative of Warcraft 3.

We finally know what all those extra developers were doing over the last few years. Let me be the first to pardon for their past sins...the last 2 years of content draught was 100% worth it at this point. This is the return of WoW. The game I fell in love with.
    This post brought to you by a terrible expansion, on the heels of a 14 month content drought.
    Funded by "Rose-Colored Glasses Inc."

Seriously though, it's pretty good, but lets not go overboard just yet. Give it at least a month or two to sink in before your cup runneth over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    The questing of WoD was a complete joke i was falling asleep...Is Legion the same way where the difficulty is brain dead and you die more times falling of cliffs then to actual combat ? This has been one of the banes of WoW since Cata.
    So far to me, it actually feels challenging. I have to use my healing CDs most fights. (Unless I go hard AF and blow all my CDs, ring, pot, etc.) Also been using health tonics, etc. I was falling asleep in WoD as well, but have truly not hit a dull point questing yet in Legion. I've only gone through Azsuna and Val'sharah but honestly I can say this is the first time in several years that I have felt excited about leveling another toon after hitting 110 on my main.

Edit: Also, my toon was mostly mythic geared ilvl734 when I started leveling.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    one thing I like, at least about Stormheim, it's a lot more open. there's no tunnels/paths/one way only-ness that wod was, 100%.

WoW now seems slightly less themepark.

Let's give it time. Loving the hell out of everything so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    I knew this sentiment would rise. I really hate that they ever added flying because it spoils people into having this attitude. I know the community is heavily divided about flying and no-flying, but I really despise how people look past ALL this awesome content to just say, "No flying? Legion gonna fail."

Dude, seriously. Flying isn't interesting and it doesn't improve the game, or take anything away from it, either. Quit hinging the success or failure of an expansion based on your ability to get from point A to B in 3 minutes instead of 5 minutes.

I'm not hinging anything on flying... it is just a fact of the game now. If they wait too long to open it up.. it will hurt the game's subscription numbers a LOT.