Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    WoD was also very well received at the beginning.

Just sayin...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    I'm sure you do the same thing when you don't like something, right?
    He is right, when everything is new its all fun and games. Give it time and things will start looking not so good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    It's clear and obvious from every single element of this expansion, that this was the developer's main focus. Every single minute of Legion's questing, dungeons, art and sound design, storyboarding...all of it shows just how much love and care Blizzard have put into this expansion. Every zone is 100% relevant and reverent to the universe and design. Every single character and quest is lovingly crafted for us to actually enjoy a cohesive and captivating narrative.

Then you hit 110 and a whole new world of content unlocks. World quests actually do make you feel, in a way that dailies never could, as if you're carrying on the task you started in the leveling zones, continuing the fight against the forces of the Legion or helping each of the factions bolster their forces and maintain the balance present in the zones. The game at max level now gives us an entire new zone to explore and an entire new narrative to continue along with persistent questing for our friends we've already made. No more Apexis murder bars with no real content. Every world quest gives us new dialogue and plot, delivering in fully voice-acted glory by the NPCs we've come to grow close with. Finally, we see WoW become the RPG we've wanted for over a decade. For maybe the first time in years, this feels like the same crew who created the epic narrative of Warcraft 3.

We finally know what all those extra developers were doing over the last few years. Let me be the first to pardon for their past sins...the last 2 years of content draught was 100% worth it at this point. This is the return of WoW. The game I fell in love with.
    Do not get overhyped, It's just the start of the expansion. It's the honeymoon of every expansion, It's the start, we're questing, excited, new zones, new everything, give It a few months, see how the game goes, and we'll see how Long-term WoW will survive and this expansion goes, there's no doubt, ever that the leveling experience, the quests and such will be good, and getting better each expansion.

It's the long-term of the expansion that will worry me now, I'll remain sceptical and expect disapointment In the future, It's still Blizzard, to me them revealing the Patch 7.1 was a ballsy move, as It's the only patch In history of wow that's been revealed -before- an expansion launched, which to me Is ballsy and shows desparation, wanting to lure players In long term to keep them going, only to find out 7.2 and potential 7.3 might not be so good... I'm not even hoping for a 7.4, they've spent lots of time on the zones and quests and such.. no doubt!

But what did they do to keep everything relevant apart from world quests and mythic+ and the stones? Will that be enough? Wait and see and then praise them, cause I really want to as well but not just yet... every launch was great, even WoD's and look how that ended.

I'm just saying, remain skeptical till the very end.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    It's clear and obvious from every single element of this expansion, that this was the developer's main focus. Every single minute of Legion's questing, dungeons, art and sound design, storyboarding...all of it shows just how much love and care Blizzard have put into this expansion. Every zone is 100% relevant and reverent to the universe and design. Every single character and quest is lovingly crafted for us to actually enjoy a cohesive and captivating narrative.

Then you hit 110 and a whole new world of content unlocks. World quests actually do make you feel, in a way that dailies never could, as if you're carrying on the task you started in the leveling zones, continuing the fight against the forces of the Legion or helping each of the factions bolster their forces and maintain the balance present in the zones. The game at max level now gives us an entire new zone to explore and an entire new narrative to continue along with persistent questing for our friends we've already made. No more Apexis murder bars with no real content. Every world quest gives us new dialogue and plot, delivering in fully voice-acted glory by the NPCs we've come to grow close with. Finally, we see WoW become the RPG we've wanted for over a decade. For maybe the first time in years, this feels like the same crew who created the epic narrative of Warcraft 3.

We finally know what all those extra developers were doing over the last few years. Let me be the first to pardon for their past sins...the last 2 years of content draught was 100% worth it at this point. This is the return of WoW. The game I fell in love with.
    Don't be so fast. Warlords looked gorgeous too in the beginning. It was the endgame that disappointed. It was the fact that there was only one patch with only one additional raid, that disappointed. If Legion will actually deliver enough content in patches, we will see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    My biggest surprise is the quest design. Since Cata quests have been on rails. Finish here, go there. I only finished Stormheim so far and found random quests off in odd directions, which I haven't seen in a while. I found this group of Owlkin quests that seemed like it was going to be this big faction thing, and then they all died. It was great. It also took me about 6 hours to do Storm alone.
    That kinda stuff was in literally every expansion.

Deleted
    I absolutely love how the biggest complaint against Legion right now is 'it's cool now, but what about in a year?'. So don't start having fun now. Judge in a year if you were allowed to have fun a year ago. Then you can start looking back on it fondly.

15+ Year Old Account
    It is the best x.0 they have released since bc. Wrath and cata leveling were ok at best, but mop and wod leveling was the least fun I've ever had with this game. Let's just hope the raids are good and the gear isn't ugly.

Everything is looking really good so far to me, but let's at least wait for the first week to be over - let some of the initial shine wear off, let plenty of folks get to level cap, etc, etc
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I loved Wod the first week or two. Now I think it was a pile of garbage. Probably the same thing going to happen here.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    I loved Wod the first week or two. Now I think it was a pile of garbage. Probably the same thing going to happen here.
    Your life must be full of disappointment.

Gotta love the Negative Nates...

It's obvious that Legion is a world apart from WoD as far as base game goes... but as we all know, some people remain oblivious by choice in many topics. The fact that people can't see the differences between WoD and Legion in regards to endgame and leveling design, only shows that some people cling to a "must not be positive about Blizzard!!!"-frame of mind.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-09-01 at 01:47 AM.

You cant judge this expansion until its over like fall 2018.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    I absolutely love how the biggest complaint against Legion right now is 'it's cool now, but what about in a year?'. So don't start having fun now. Judge in a year if you were allowed to have fun a year ago. Then you can start looking back on it fondly.
    Haha, exactly! People can't find legitimate flaws, so they're pulling the "you'll regret your enjoyment and positive attidue in a year!!!!!1"- card...

People pretend that the content @ max level somehow isn't there in order to compare Legion to WoD... pretty sad.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-09-01 at 01:53 AM.

I agree. But at the same time, i dont forget that the same was said about WoD. It had (not me, but for many) a great leveling exp. and although i think Legion IS/BECOME that great xpac, i watch that course carefully. there is very veeeery veeeeeeeery less trust in blizzard left in me. really less.

Quote Originally Posted by Agartha View Post
    Your life must be full of disappointment.
    Yes, that's a reasonable conclusion to reach from my statement.

Deleted
    It's been pretty fun, questing is a lot more enjoyable once you've done it once though imo. Many times I had no idea where to go or what to do going by what is given to you in game and it took a lot longer for me than in WoD.

Suramar and the world quests are cool for now, not sure if they'll be so cool in a week or two

The whole artifact power/weapon system with switching specs is total garbage. It won't be so bad when everyone can max every artifact, of course, until then it's way more annoying than anything else so far.

Well people were praising WoD to the skies at the start so.. We'll see about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Provenance View Post
    So far to me, it actually feels challenging. I have to use my healing CDs most fights. (Unless I go hard AF and blow all my CDs, ring, pot, etc.) Also been using health tonics, etc. I was falling asleep in WoD as well, but have truly not hit a dull point questing yet in Legion. I've only gone through Azsuna and Val'sharah but honestly I can say this is the first time in several years that I have felt excited about leveling another toon after hitting 110 on my main.

Edit: Also, my toon was mostly mythic geared ilvl734 when I started leveling.
    Ok thx for the info!

10+ Year Old Account
    This expansion is amazing so far. People saying that everyone loved WoD when it came out? Uh, no. I hated it when they announced it. Garrisons were probably the least inspiring "major feature" in WoW history. WoD is the worst expansion and it's really not even close. Cata is leaps and bounds better and that's saying something.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Just like WoD, Legion's leveling is quite interesting and fun. The real test will be at max level, in how the artifact and ancient mana grinds work out.

Because WoD's last patch lasted over a year... AND because it sucked... ANYTHING new will feel even more enjoyable. But to be honest, having played just one toon to max level and getting to iLevel 850... I can barely log in to level my "real" toon...

Why? Artifact grind is boring as hell... and the ever rising curve makes it seem like you are slipping down the hill. The World quests are tedious because of no flying. I mean they SUCK without flying because you spend so much more time traveling than actually doing the quests.

If Legion is to succeed... flying needs to be added much sooner and the content patches they have already shared and plan must continue to bring viable, new content to keep it fresh.
    For the life of me, I don't get this train of thought / attitude. You want flying put in ASAP. Once you get flying and zoom around and finish what you are doing at break neck speed, you will sit around and bitch, moan, and cry about having nothing to do. Its unreal the double standards the gaming community has.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    For the life of me, I don't get this train of thought / attitude. You want flying put in ASAP. Once you get flying and zoom around and finish what you are doing at break neck speed, you will sit around and bitch, moan, and cry about having nothing to do. Its unreal the double standards the gaming community has.
    Some of us have lots of alts. Tell you what... hit the / key on your keyboard to force walk mode. Then play the game, the world quests, etc.

That is how endgame feels without flying. Now imagine doign that with multiple alts? Ugh... nope... I'll just stop the sub until it's added and it makes the game feel fun to play.