Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is this simcraft dps ranking legit? pls say no...

Really.. i really.. .really dont wanna play arms but im in a mythic progression guild.. fml fam... fml

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would take any and every simcraft result with a Romanian salt mine right now.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Arms isnt that high but last I checked I think they where in the top 5

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    arms is hella fun enjoi it

Simcraft will change until mage finds its way to the top.

Simcraft doesnt matter with that simmed gear, because tier gear wont be out until early 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnokk View Post
    Simcraft doesnt matter with that simmed gear, because tier gear wont be out until early 2017.
    that gear that is being simmed is 840 mythic gear with the perfect stats but its in beta (simcraft.org) so not many classes are set up correctly or have the best trinkets available for that sim

Quote Originally Posted by Kromster View Post
    that gear that is being simmed is 840 mythic gear with the perfect stats but its in beta (simcraft.org) so not many classes are set up correctly or have the best trinkets available for that sim
    You are correct. I apologize. I was under the impression it was t19 gear. Either way, take it with a huge grain of salt because there may very well be multiple changes before mythic opens.

15+ Year Old Account
    Legit as fuck. c:

People need to understand each class has its own devs working on sims, if fire mage arent higher it s because their devs are doing fuck all. The warrior sims is pretty accurate.

Yea matches pretty much what i saw on discord etc.

It's not fake. But to get these numbers you will have to play FR Arms. From what i've heard the standard Arms Build is about equal to Fury if i remember right.

And you should always keep in mind that things could change. So if you don't like arms don't play it. Although it's much more fun then before that's for sure.
    Last edited by Allenschezar; 2016-08-30 at 10:43 AM.

Deleted
    ret so high... no way thats legit )

As a warlock main I don't buy those numbers for demonolgy at all. I must say either a first pass or fake.
    Last edited by skitzin; 2016-08-31 at 05:52 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    As a warlock main I don't buy those numbers for demonolgy at all. I must say either a first pass or fake.
    The profiles for each spec are managed by different people, and are merged into the simulation engine in different stages of development. Groups are constantly optimizing, some more than others, at different paces. Some of the specs are pretty accurate according to those who have toiled over them, and some are probably pretty unoptimized. The Arms APL has had a lot of attention, and then just yesterday or the day before someone made a minor tweak to how you use Focused Rage and it added 12K to the sim they ran. Other classes just need to catch up in some cases.

Me i found this simcraft on noxxic
    http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/
    I dont know if its good or not

A couple things, when it comes to arms warriors, i've never trusted simcraft. I was outperforming the "maximum" dps on single target fights with a completely different talent build than what was "optimal" when I was 20+ ilvls behind in wod.

second, Im pretty sure all sims are just wrong right now

Quote Originally Posted by wakoble View Post
    A couple things, when it comes to arms warriors, i've never trusted simcraft. I was outperforming the "maximum" dps on single target fights with a completely different talent build than what was "optimal" when I was 20+ ilvls behind in wod.

second, Im pretty sure all sims are just wrong right now
    I wouldn't discredit all the sims. Like Tellof said, the profiles are managed by groups of people who are dedicated and are constantly optimizing the APLs and putting the parses together. WoD is kind of irrelevant now anyway. In my experience, I've done more DPS with the FR spamstring build with ilvl 810 than I do with IFTK/Trauma/OpS by a lot. And I won't say I'm terrible at my character, but there is some truth behind why FR build is better than standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Weslay972 View Post
    Me i found this simcraft on noxxic
    http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/
    I dont know if its good or not
    Arcane at 86k? That's fucked up. Even outside Arcane, there is such a large discrepancy between the top and bottom classes. Balanced my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by wrastor View Post
    I wouldn't discredit all the sims. Like Tellof said, the profiles are managed by groups of people who are dedicated and are constantly optimizing the APLs and putting the parses together.
    Part of the issue I feel is that right now there are a dozen or so different SimC reports going around with no context on fight length, ST vs Cleave vs AoE, talents or rotations. This is made worse by the fact that a lot of them vary significantly for the numbers they have.