Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

World of Warcraft Legion is an awesome singleplayer game

They've done a real great job with the artifact questlines. I did the Balance, Feral and Guardian questlines so far, and especially the Guardian one was gorgeous. Simply gorgeous. It brought us back to Northrend, expanded on Druid lore, gave us some backstory to the upcoming Emerald Dream raid and was in and of itself a wonderful scenario. I especially liked that it tested you as a tank, which is exactly how it should be. It reminded me of Wrathion's challenge in MoP. I'm honestly amazed how wonderful that questline was. It even made me want to raid as a tank more than anything else ever has, and made me want to go into the Emerald Dream and free Ursoc. And there is so much more of this. I'm someone who has always played all classes, I have a max level character of each class since Wrath. And I will definitely go through all of the questlines. And I think it will be a blast.

I got the Collector's Edition, and the 80 bucks are well worth it, the content of the game itself as well as the CE stuff. If I compare this to other singleplayer games, WoW: Legion has a great content to money ratio.

What bothers me though is, that the world feels so empty. I don't get why. I've barely met anyone in the last two days. And I'm on a full server. Only time I see a lot of people is on my way into the Dreamgrove, because that's crossrealm.

And even though the questing experience will be great, with how server communities don't even exist anymore, I feel that at max level, the game will not have a lot to offer. The first raid with only 7 bosses will only open up in a month, and then will release LFR parts slowly over time. There will be little to do and little reason to stay subscribed. That is when the content to money ratio shifts to the other side. Paying 45-80 bucks for all the content we get initially with the launch, all the questing content, that's definitely worth it. Paying 13 bucks a month for little to no endgame, at best grinding the same things again and again and then waiting for a rehashed Karazhan or possibly some other minor content patch - that doesn't really sound like it will be worth it at all.

So I recommend that everyone play WoW: Legion as the singleplayer game that it wants to be. It's great at that. Play through all the artifact questlines, play through all the order hall campaigns, play through all the quests in the zones and try out all the different specs. Playing it as an MMO, though? Not so much. Blizzard has moved away from making MMOs and moved towards crafting great singleplayer experiences.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ehm, I don't know. I'm leveling with the GF, so it's a co-op game for me.
    And yesterday I sold a thing on the Auction House, so it's multiplayer.

The mistake is in thinking that multiplayer means to be constantly and directly interacting, even cooperating with the other players. That's not needed. The other players just need to have some type of influence on your game for it to be classified as multiplayer.

7+ Year Old Account
    you are basically creating pointless rant threads for the sake of it.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    you are basically creating pointless rant threads for the sake of it.
    And you are posting a pointless response on a pointless thread on a pointless forum for the pointless sake of it. Doesn't it all seem pointless? /wrist
    [color=blue]This thread has lived beyond its life expectancy. ... It's also met the forum quota for posters insulting the intelligence of their peers to grasp the age-old upper hand in argumentation, I believe officially coined by Plato: "Ur, like, dumb and that's why I'm right." Zarhym

Funny I've been doing loads of things with guildies and friends. Guess you just don't have any.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Ehm, I don't know. I'm leveling with the GF, so it's a co-op game for me.
    And yesterday I sold a thing on the Auction House, so it's multiplayer.

The mistake is in thinking that multiplayer means to be constantly and directly interacting, even cooperating with the other players. That's not needed. The other players just need to have some type of influence on your game for it to be classified as multiplayer.
    You're forgetting the MASSIVE part of MMORPG. You're supposed to be "constantly and directly interacting, even cooperating with the other players" all the time and they're supposed to be everywhere. Smaller multiplayer experiences are more for instanced games like D3.

The problem is most people don't like the "massive" experience anymore (they'll refer to it as "crowded", hence WoW's direction towards more instanced content like the Garrisons/Order Halls/etc.).

... The attempts at trolling are just getting weaker and weaker, aren't they?
    I play across the 3 biggest EU servers, and I'm seeing TONS of people. Even at this hour. Stop lying.

If there's a vote for the mods to start banning these trolls on sight, I'd put my hand up!
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-09-01 at 12:51 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    You're definitely doing something wrong because the world is full of people; especially if you play on a full server.

Dungeons require 5 people
    Raids (not yet released) require 10-30 people.
    PvP requires many players and is happening all over the Broken Isles.
    What exactly were you expecting to make this a more multiplayer experience?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WernerCD View Post
    And you are posting a pointless response on a pointless thread on a pointless forum for the pointless sake of it. Doesn't it all seem pointless? /wrist
    at least i know what im talking about, unlike you it seems.

Formerly known as Arafal

I play on a Medium server that was considered Low before expansion and I encounter plenty of people. I think the problem lies on your server OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, is this the new JayLock? Total troll

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    You're forgetting the MASSIVE part of MMORPG. You're supposed to be "constantly and directly interacting, even cooperating with the other players" all the time and they're supposed to be everywhere. Smaller multiplayer experiences are more for instanced games like D3.

The problem is most people don't like the "massive" experience anymore (they'll refer to it as "crowded", hence WoW's direction towards more instanced content like the Garrisons/Order Halls/etc.).
    The Massive part of MMORPG means that there are multiple players around.

Mario Kart 8 is a Online Multiplayer. I can play with 11 other peoples, and I can do that through the web.
    Diablo 3 is a Online Multiplayer. 3 other players on ma group while playing. Uses internet too.
    World of Warcraft is a Massive Online Multiplayer. Thousands of players connected to the same game instance as me, doing whatever they want to do, directly or indirectly. If it was directly, the servers would not be able to hold the millions. There's no need, nor obligation, to have it be directly. It's optional.

Deleted
    I can't agree with zones being empty seeing as though there's been plenty of people everywhere I've been. Perhaps the OP is playing on a grouping of dead realms.

Eh, I've seen folks out and about. I don't need to see a ton, and frankly would rather level in a single player frame of mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play on a low population server (Feathermoon) and I see at least close to a dozen people doing quests around me. Since I take my time, reading each quest, I don't usually end up at the exact same quest point at the same time that they do but it feels far from empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Funny I've been doing loads of things with guildies and friends. Guess you just don't have any.
    Probably all too true.

It does feel like the game, has a lower population compared to previous expansions. But to be fair, questing has been pretty much a single player game. OP has a point, it is worrisome that this single player style, will possibly transfer to the end game. Even with raids and dungeons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    It does feel like the game, has a lower population compared to previous expansions. But to be fair, questing has been pretty much a single player game. OP has a point, it is worrisome that this single player style, will possibly transfer to the end game. Even with raids and dungeons.
    ... No, it's not. Not even a fleck of worry, so why make it up in your own mind?

The questing is as populated as ever before, if not moreso considering there's phasing going on (and we had a super smooth launch)... Try harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    ... No, it's not. Not even a fleck of worry, so why make it up in your own mind?

The questing is as populated as ever before, if not moreso considering there's phasing going on (and we had a super smooth launch)... Try harder.
    We still do not know. The questing doesn't feel populated at all for me. What do you mean try harder?? This is my opinion, idc if you like it or not. The quests are fun and the zones and music are beautiful. So I'm not just blindly hating on legion..
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.