Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Hell no. The last squish fucked up tons of old gear. It isn't nice logging in one day to see that you're considerably weaker than before.
    It's a very good lesson in life, I think.

Go play some high-end Diablo 3 play, look at the size of the crits and the Rift Guardians' health pools, and then come back. WoW's numbers will look much smaller by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    I'm almost level 105 on my Windwalker monk and I'm doing 150k DPS and critting for 1,000,000+ with my Artifact ability.

Tanks have 1 million health and we're not even 110 yet. To me this seems like it got out of control, but I know a LOT of people are firmly against the idea of another stat squish.

I just wanted to see how everybody feels now that the expansion is out?
    What would be the point?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm happy with the current stats for this expansion but I agree we need one for the next expansion.

Is there a addon that lets you decid a expansion of wow that turns all numbers into those of back then (just visually)?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Hell no. The last squish fucked up tons of old gear. It isn't nice logging in one day to see that you're considerably weaker than before.
    Except that didn't happen. YOu were still oneshotting the same mobs with the same efficiency.

Also: Finding it hilarious that there are several people arguing that they're smarter because they like seeing bigger numbers on their dps. As if you're even remotely close to crunching any of those numbers and not just looking at the final number in Skada.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gob View Post
    Smaller numbers take up less screen real estate and are much easier to read. Case closed.
    This is so true. I don't care what some of the geniuses in this thread will say, once numbers start hitting a certain size and frequency they just roll by without you registering what they say and effectively become clutter.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Bosses can now have 9 Quadrillion health so a stat squish is unnecessary. It really looks stupid doing less damage with better gear so if it's not necessary I prefer to just keep increasing.
    Here's the thing, you literally don't do less damage. If a level 110 does 10% damage per damage ability, they do the same amount of damage if that number is a 100 or a 100,000,000. There is no reason for massive numbers and they need to stop with the hyper inflation, because it gets out of hand really fast, as we're seeing yet again.

So to answer the OPs question, yes they should have had a stat squish, and they even said they needed it, but they ran out of time. They need to stop with the hyper inflation every expansion which is caused by not only the 3 raid difficulties, but the warforged, etc too. Mythic needs to be the gold standard where the ilvl for their is the max inflation allowed for the expansion, and then go backwards from there. So what that means is, if they plan to have the ilvl increase by 100 and they plan for 3 raid tiers, then the last raid tier needs to cap off at 100 ilvl increases. So all raid tiers, dungeons, etc need to be under that point.

no never again....
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Azshara View Post
    With the scaling technology, can't we all go to percentage based health?

Like, maybe keep player numbers behind the scenes.
    The only way i see this working is completely revamping the game by removing leveling and, instead, have a content locked behind quest and item level. The content thats locked lile dungeons and raids would be unlocked via attunement quest or story quest. The time to get to the point of raiding would be about the same just you wouldnt be known as a 110 warlock but a 850 warlock. Basically it would be a new cataclysm (expac). I kind of like the idea of removing levels but either way I don't care as long as the content is great.

10+ Year Old Account
    it kinda does have one rings and necks dont only have 1 main stat

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    There will be something like another stat squish after Legion. Probably not exactly the same as Watcher has indicated they are searching for a more elegant solution than the first pass at this. I could not care less about the size of numbers until it starts affecting encounter design. 3 phases with Garrosh healing himself up was just silly.

What is the obsession with small numbers?
    Would you like to see 1,000,000,000,000 on the screen? Imagine being a new player and buying a boost and seeing those numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zenlogic View Post
    No..... I want better content not them focused on making numbers smaller for no reason.
    ...Do some research before you post....

Deleted
    We already get squished like 40% before the launch and if you think that 100k dps now is to much you havent seen Alpha numbers
    Also there will be minisquish because they change the way how much secondary stats you will have in top gear

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    There will be something like another stat squish after Legion. Probably not exactly the same as Watcher has indicated they are searching for a more elegant solution than the first pass at this. I could not care less about the size of numbers until it starts affecting encounter design. 3 phases with Garrosh healing himself up was just silly.

What is the obsession with small numbers?
    Most people are simply incapable of mentally processing numbers over about a thousand. We just didn't evolve for it. They know conceptually that ten thousand is ten groups of a thousand but... who fucking knows what that looks like? They can't picture it in their head, and if they literally see ten thousand of something it just runs together into an aggregate something else - people don't see a thousand trees, they see a forest.

Having boss health with a ton of zeroes in it doesn't help. Quick, do the math (without a calculator): the boss has 655,360,000 health, how much raid DPS do you need to kill that with an 8 minute enrage? You don't know, because your brain just isn't equipped to do mental math with numbers that large.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

If it bothers you that much, write an addon that hides the last three digits... Still only 104, but I don't really see the difference in pulling a mob whose HP shows up as 967k or 1.48m vs one whose HP shows up as 967 or 1,480.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    But...but...EVERYONE is not here and will reply to this. WTF does "out of control" even mean? Can you only comprehend numbers that are in the range of the job you work? Like...a pizza delivery is 7.50 dollars?

Why do people have such a hard time comprehending numbers? Are you all called "Kevin" and grew up uneducated?

- - - Updated - - -

You can enable % based health in your settings. Or numbers. Or both. Or none. Which is why this really is a non-issue
    Your animosity towards me for no apparent reason is concerning. Not a sociopath are you?
    Since you're so concerned, I'm actually studying Law with plans on taking the bar sometime late 2017.
    I have a 3.85 GPA. Let's compare salaries in a couple years and we'll see how relevant your pizza delivery comment is. Douche bag.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Most people are simply incapable of mentally processing numbers over about a thousand. We just didn't evolve for it. They know conceptually that ten thousand is ten groups of a thousand but... who fucking knows what that looks like? They can't picture it in their head, and if they literally see ten thousand of something it just runs together into an aggregate something else - people don't see a thousand trees, they see a forest.

Having boss health with a ton of zeroes in it doesn't help. Quick, do the math (without a calculator): the boss has 655,360,000 health, how much raid DPS do you need to kill that with an 8 minute enrage? You don't know, because your brain just isn't equipped to do mental math with numbers that large.
    It's not as much that people are incapable as it is there's just NO POINT in having those digits. These half insult responses do nothing but make you look like a jackass. What's your obsession with large numbers? Trying to compensate for the tiny things in your life?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I admit I was kind of surprised at seeing the numbers up at these levels already. Doesn't seem like that long ago that they did the original 'squish' : wasn't that just at the start of Draenor? Hmmmm, or was it right back at the launch of MOP? Can't recall...

Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    It's not as much that people are incapable as it is there's just NO POINT in having those digits. These half insult responses do nothing but make you look like a jackass. What's your obsession with large numbers? Trying to compensate for the tiny things in your life?
    I should like to point out the staggering hypocrisy of your post. And yes, it is indeed because people aren't capable of processing numbers that large; there are studies on it.

https://braindecoder.com/post/happy-...ain-1418905338

I should also like to point out that nowhere did I say having large numbers was a good idea, so I don't know where you come up with the notion that I'm somehow defending it.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Yes please. It's much easier to see how much of an impact an upgrade makes if you read shorter numbers.

Take wod for example. Lets say I did 31234 shield slam in wod. Then I got an upgrade and it hit for 33123. Now in legion its like 312345 shield slam and with upgrade it's 331234. The longer the number the longer it takes for brain to compute what number is higher than the other. Sure you could say you only have to pay attention to the first one or two decimals, and that might be true. But personally I want every number to matter, and if I have to disregard some decimals they feel kinda pointless and bloaty.

I prefer the shorter one, because it's much easier to distinguish between the numbers. The ideal for me would be numbers no more than 4 in lenght. So for example 9999 as maximum. That way it's clean and easy to read and does not bloat the screen.
    Last edited by barackohmama; 2016-09-01 at 04:40 AM.