Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

YouTube demonetizing "advertiser unfriendly" videos

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6162278?hl=en

This is what counts as "advertiser unfriendly:"

• Sexually suggestive content, including partial nudity and sexual humor
    • Violence, including display of serious injury and events related to violent extremism
    • Inappropriate language, including harassment, profanity and vulgar language
    • Promotion of drugs and regulated substances, including selling, use and abuse of such items
    • Controversial or sensitive subjects and events, including subjects related to war, political conflicts, natural disasters and tragedies, even if graphic imagery is not shown
    Isn't this like 90% of YouTube's content?

- - - Updated - - -

And fuck, I misspelled demonetizing in the title.

Controversial or sensitive subjects and events, including subjects related to war, political conflicts
    Calling it now.

Just as with Twitter policy YT will begin shadow banning videos that don't align with their political views.

Calling it now ...you all saw it.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Saw something about this earlier and interesting enough some Youtubers were calling bs on YouTube because they already don't follow their own rules. I don't remember where I heard about someone who's gimmick is taking random videos and insulting and mocking them and this person is extremely aggressive when he does this. Apparently there's a rule against that kind of content but since this person pulls millions of views YouTube simply looks the other way. Since is this the case I doubt these new rules will change anything besides giving them way to remove the "wrong" kind of opinions.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    These are so vague that say a moderator type with a "might makes right," mentality and an extremely degenerated sense of personal ethics or morals could simply use it to punish and harass people he or she does not like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    I guess the Young Turks just stopped doing the news, then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Violence, including display of serious injury and events related to violent extremism
    So, there goes videogames i guess? Or is there a different definition for video game violence?
    Inappropriate language, including harassment, profanity and vulgar language
    Any "adult" podcast is banned or forced to use dumb beeping noises? Or will they be an exception for being 18+?
    Promotion of drugs and regulated substances, including selling, use and abuse of such items
    Mentioning drugs in your video will make it demonetized, great. What about videogames again? Do they slip under the radar or youtube will lose almost all of its content?
    Controversial or sensitive subjects and events, including subjects related to war, political conflicts, natural disasters and tragedies, even if graphic imagery is not shown
    all hail big brother i guess. But i guess if you expect to make money off natural disasters you shouldn't be doing that off youtube, there are plenty of "charity" out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just to take the content down they don't want on it.

It's similar to what you're seeing on Twitter right now. The company doesn't want to financially support people they disagree with.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw some tweets from Arin Hanson that clarifies it. It's just been reworded to be less vague.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some dipshit reported it and Youtube's report feature is still being abused as it already was?

7+ Year Old Account
    PewDiePie was recently unverified on Twitter and now he is following only 1 person. Donald Trump.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-09-01 at 08:01 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I guess the Young Turks just stopped doing the news, then.
    Not really. Young Turds is in-line with the mainstream media so it will continue to work. Conservative or real liberal calling them "regressive left" will get banned. RIP Rubin Report, I bet they will get shut down because of the Sam Harris interview about muslims and islam.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Saw some tweets from Arin Hanson that clarifies it. It's just been reworded to be less vague.
    Yeah right....sure...it will "never be used against you". Said any opressing enforcer.

this isn't the first time they've pulled this shit and it wont be the last. I wouldn't think too much of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    So all of pewdiepies videos will be demonetized? :P Unlikely.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Deleted
    Sexually suggestive content, including partial nudity and sexual humor - Basically any fanservice'y anime or related as such. If not then at the very least most of it.
    Violence, including display of serious injury and events related to violent extremism - I assume it's about real world but I doubt they wont go after vidya and anime.
    Inappropriate language, including harassment, profanity and vulgar language - Because little kids dont know how to curse nowadays /s.
    Promotion of drugs and regulated substances, including selling, use and abuse of such items - Vague because once again we do not have global standard as to what is considered an illegal drug or not.
    Controversial or sensitive subjects and events, including subjects related to war, political conflicts, natural disasters and tragedies, even if graphic imagery is not shown - Basically anything that is not in accordance to current zeitgeist.

What is sad about this is not how bad it is for those who are affected by it but how future generations are going to be affected by it.
    If Youtube wants to be as "inclusive" as possible then just segregate content with warning labels like "Politcally incorrect" or "18+" and call it a day.

SO the fucking social justice terrorists have killed youtube. That is very sad.
    Last edited by Raptor With a Saber; 2016-09-01 at 07:27 AM.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    But why did Kurgesagt's video on why nuclear energy is bad get demonetized?
    Because conspiration theories and pseudoscience should be frowned upon.

Deleted
    PewDiePie must be happy he already made millions, because pretty much all of his videos will be demonetized now.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Sexually suggestive content, including partial nudity and sexual humor
    But, but, but, I like that.......

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbph5or0NuM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9JCZhvkpOY

Was thinking about going with Youtube Red but they can kiss that shit good bye. Now I'm going to stick with Ad Blocker so the site itself doesn't get ad revenue. Youtube is really shooting their selves in the foot with this. We're just right back where we were just before TeamFourStar was taken down.