Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    Tell me of an MMO that doesn't feel like a single player game. But think it through before you do.
    Every other MMO.

Try harder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meridas View Post
    Am I the one making the game? Am I the one making content that is instanced and phased and excludes other players?
    I recall reading a post on how the server-tech works, but I've forgotten where. Essentially, each area can create several "instances" of a part of the world in order to sort out bottlenecks and/or high percentages of players. It worked wonderfully with the invasions pre-expansion event, and allowed the right number of players to generally take part in the events at a reasonable pace. It was kind of like the layers of an onion.

If the world starts to feel a bit empty, I expect the tuning (for want of a better word) will be altered to repopulate that part of it.

Deleted
    You are lying. I play on an extremely high population server (Blackmoore-EU). The server was locked at midnight and I was in a queue for an hour. The server has been on high for the last two days. I see maybe 2-3 people sometimes around me. Sure there are people, but barely any. This is pitiful for an MMO.
    i have to confirm this (same server), its like a walk in the park after midnight...on the dark side of the moon (even /2). itz not my first release btw.
    as i said in another thread: the genie may be out of the bottleneck, but this is just not MMO anylonger. since shard tech is flexible in population numbers, maybe allowing users to define their preferred population would be optimal (user-friendly).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lixo View Post
    No, you really are not. You never even have in WoW.
    You are talking shit. You have to have joined the game recently to be thinking that.

Deleted
    I blame OP and his kind for this.

They have done nothing but whining for years, brining toxicity into the community.

If it wasnt for their doomsday campaign, casual mentality, we would be more people today. Heck, we would not even argue about "WHY CANT I TRANSMOG"(and the reasons why everything sucks because of this)and "I CAN'T FLY DURING LAUNCH".

I hope they all quit, so people who actually are into this, don't have to discuss with this mentality.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2016-09-01 at 07:53 AM.

Deleted
    Becasue it's so funny to have 40+ people around and you take ages to kill a mob / doing quest, or maybe it's better, thanks to new tech, to have controlled phased zone to avoid massive crowding (ofc if you like a WoD launch style, with 200+ people lagging and crashing in garrison, very MMO, but i bet you whined also in that occasion).

Just to let you know, i am level 104 and i always see people around me doing stuff, and the new tag mob system is really great, finally a step in the MMO direction, but yet you whine (medium server here). Of course there are sometimes occasion where i did not met anyone, but i don't run to forum and make a tantrum, can happen also in real life (never happened to walk alone in a street? I bet you don't run around yelling "Hey real life sucks where are the people i need COSTANT social interaction!").

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Except single player in vanilla was never difficult. I never once had a moment levelling in vanilla where i thought "golley gee i really have to wisely use my abilities!" If you had problems it was because you were a baddie, that was it.
    You are talking shit. You haven't played in Vanilla.

Deleted
    Ban him for trolling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Massive refers to the size of the world, which is indeed massive.
    Bullshit, it refers to the amount of players you are interacting with in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Rares are hard.
    No, they are not. I never had to group up once for them. You must be really bad.

Deleted
    You have plenty. Go interact with them, instead of being miserable.

It can indeed be solo, but you have all the support in the design, if you want to get on adventure with a friend(if you have any).

You are talking shit. You haven't played in Vanilla.
    He's absolutely correct - WoW made it's name because it was casual and solo friendly - at not point did you NEED to group up. Yes there were group quests, yes there were elites, but you could always choose not to do them.

WoW has always been good for solo players, always.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol, I literally swim in people on my server (Argent Dawn-EU). Any quest area I go to is swarmed with people, but in a good way - the world feels much more alive than it did in WoD, comparable to MoP and previous expansions. It will be even better when World Quests come in.

I don't really get why would anyone write such thing. If you chose wrong, empty, un-connected realm - that's not really Legion's issue, rather realm management one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    He's absolutely correct - WoW made it's name because it was casual and solo friendly - at not point did you NEED to group up. Yes there were group quests, yes there were elites, but you could always choose not to do them.

WoW has always been good for solo players, always.
    QFT /10char

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Ehm, I don't know. I'm leveling with the GF, so it's a co-op game for me.
    And yesterday I sold a thing on the Auction House, so it's multiplayer.

The mistake is in thinking that multiplayer means to be constantly and directly interacting, even cooperating with the other players. That's not needed. The other players just need to have some type of influence on your game for it to be classified as multiplayer.
    Yep.

Leveled 110 with GF.

Did most of Suramar with GF and a friend.

Did world emissary quests with those two as well.

Ran like 4 hours of dungeons with other people too.

Daily I go to the bottom of my Order Hall and fight a demon boss, which I ask for help with by /yelling in the middle of the Fel Hammer

seems multiplayer to me, idk x)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    at not point did you NEED to group up.
    Yeah. Remember when we solo'd Naxxramas in Vanilla? Jesus, think before you write.

Deleted
    I've seen more groups than ever before...

Plus a lot of actual solo content (like professions) rely on dungeons for quests and some materials.

Judging by how much you posted in the short few days that account has been around, I wonder if you even played Legion or if you're butthurt.

Deleted
    Yeah. Remember when we solo'd Naxxramas in Vanilla? Jesus, think before you write.
    Now you are going full troll sorry. Try to solo Emerald Nightmare or any dungeon normal in Legion, or even better, every raid when they were current content.

As you said, think before you write.

Deleted
    It's true the best experience in legion is the solo player content so far. The dungeons I did were really boring due to lack of compelling group mechanics or synergies between players.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I play on a low pop, and a high pop, and I see people constantly on both of those servers. Not sure if OP is trolling, or just can't grasp that MMOs aren't about spending every minute of your time on a linear progression treadmill anymore.
    Getting geared up, farming, rep farming and leveling your artifact weapon up to raid ready level is plenty to fill most days, should you choose to do that. If that's not enough for you, then IDK what to tell you.

Stop TREATING the MMO like a single-player game, and it will stop SEEMING like a single-player game.

- - - Updated - - -

Bullshit, it refers to the amount of players you are interacting with in the game.
    Actually it refers to the number of people playing, it has nothing to do with the number of players you interact with.

What bothers me though is, that the world feels so empty. I don't get why. I've barely met anyone in the last two days. And I'm on a full server. Only time I see a lot of people is on my way into the Dreamgrove, because that's crossrealm.
    The state of your server doesn't matter anymore. With CRZ and the new shard system chances are you're not going to encounter a lot of people from your own server while out in the world. The Order Halls are the exception where you'll only see people from your own server.