Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

So Alodi is a Man?

Alodi, as far as I know (and I know Warcraft lore like nobody's business), was introduced in the Warcraft movie. Thing is, she was a woman. Now in game we're seeing Alodi's debut, and he is a human man. What's the dealio?

I haven't played the mage story past 100 yet, but I don't really mind spoilers if it explains this.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Deleted
    Always was. Been around longer than the movie.
    Movie changed things

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Erm, Alodi is actually a Half-elf. He wasn't introduced in the movie, but in the manga.

No uh, Alodi is actually half human, half elf, part vampire, part werewolf, part mermaid, part man, part woman. That has been known for quite a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you just assume Alodi's gender?

*cough*, seriousley though, Alodi's been around for quite some time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    Alodi, as far as I know (and I know Warcraft lore like nobody's business), was introduced in the Warcraft movie. Thing is, she was a woman. Now in game we're seeing Alodi's debut, and he is a human man. What's the dealio?

I haven't played the mage story past 100 yet, but I don't really mind spoilers if it explains this.
    Alodi was introduced long before the movie, they just went SJW in the movie cause they have a lack of women.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meridas View Post
    Alodi was introduced long before the movie, they just went SJW in the movie cause they have a lack of women.
    >SJW
    People being liberal with words again. Remember, people being liberal with words like "racist" or "sexist" is how the SJWs came into being.

They could have had a hundred times more reasons for making her a woman - it could have originally been Aegwynn, the actress being particularily good, etc. But no, evil SJWs, waaah. Apparently it does not matter if Alodi in the movie is not even a Guardian, not even a person but a spirit bound in a black cube, only that it is a... gasp... WOMAN!

On the topic: yes movie canon =/= game canon. Alodi in particular was adapted in name only. She is not original to the movie, though, Alodi was present in earlier canon.
    Last edited by TheImperios; 2016-09-01 at 07:14 AM.
    The shadowy Daughter of Urthona stood before red Orc,
    When fourteen suns had faintly journey'd o'er his dark abode:
    His food she brought in iron baskets, his drink in cups of iron:
    Crown'd with a helmet and dark hair the nameless female stood;

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheImperios View Post
    >SJW
    People being liberal with words again. Remember, people being liberal with words like "racist" or "sexist" is how the SJWs came into being.

They could have a had a hundred times more reasons for making her a woman - it could have originally been Aegwynn, the actress being particularily good, etc. But no, evil SJWs, waaah. Apparently it does not matter if Alodi in the movie is not even a Guardian, not even a person but a spirit bound in a black cube, only that it is a... gasp... WOMAN!

On the topic: yes movie canon =/= game canon. Alodi in particular was adapted in name only.
    as long as they leave the main characters in the same gender I don't mind, cause if I see this in the movie

I am gonna start breaking things

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diannak View Post
    as long as they leave the main characters in the same gender I don't mind, cause if I see this in the movie

Dear Lord, and people say that SJWs are easily offended.
    The shadowy Daughter of Urthona stood before red Orc,
    When fourteen suns had faintly journey'd o'er his dark abode:
    His food she brought in iron baskets, his drink in cups of iron:
    Crown'd with a helmet and dark hair the nameless female stood;

Deleted
    was introduced in the Warcraft movie.
    No.

2 Seconds on Google:
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Alodi

Deleted
    Alodi is clearly an Apache Helicopter

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Let's steer away from gender politics and back to just the discussion of Alodi and game/movie differences.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Fun Fact: Alodi sounds very similar to Aloadae, which is the name given to Otus and Ephialtes, the dumb Greek giants who tried to climb to Olympus.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

No. Alodi was introduced in the one of the WoW mangas years ago. He was always a male half-elf. It wasn't until the movie where they chose to, kinda, merge Alodi and Aegwynn.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    No. Alodi was introduced in the one of the WoW mangas years ago. He was always a male half-elf. It wasn't until the movie where they chose to, kinda, merge Alodi and Aegwynn.
    I thought the movie should've just left the character as Aegwynn, instead of making the unnecessary change to Alodi as well as introducing him for no particular reason. The connection to the film version of Medivh, the presence of her in Karazhan, and her possible imprisonment all seemed better suited to Aegwynn, at least in my opinion.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    alodi is a male half elf.

the movie isnt canon.

and alodi was introduced in a warcraft manga years ago, not the movie.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Diannak View Post

I always liked to think of that image as the old Marvel "What If...?" comics. That's Jaina having taken up Frostmourne in the Third War and Tyrande, rather than Illidan, became the Betrayer and consumed the power from the Skull of Guldan.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Tyrande
    that's in no possible way a night elf, looks like a draenei.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I always liked to think of that image as the old Marvel "What If...?" comics. That's Jaina having taken up Frostmourne in the Third War and Tyrande, rather than Illidan, became the Betrayer and consumed the power from the Skull of Guldan.
    nope this is female Illidan vs female Arthas

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    that's in no possible way a night elf, looks like a draenei.
    Looks like a female version of Illidan to me - he has Satyr-like hooves and the rest of the exaggerated demonic features, this female version is a bit more lithe and less muscular. Not sure why the female version of Arthas decided to wade into mortal combat with a plate-kini and steel thong, but I guess that's artistic embellishment for you.