Anybody planning to keep 4piece bonus from T18? You give up a lot of stats but with the artifact shield and the set shield and it being MUCH more spammable it seems like it'd be hard to replace?

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    This may be a stupid question... But do you have any squads of Knights waiting to be recruited from the flag?
    As I said, I never got the option to train a knight in the first place. The game had one of those sudden lag moments when I finished the quest, and I'm afraid that mucked it up.
    Last edited by Valenhil; 2016-09-01 at 02:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    Anybody planning to keep 4piece bonus from T18? You give up a lot of stats but with the artifact shield and the set shield and it being MUCH more spammable it seems like it'd be hard to replace?
    at level 104 I started replacing all my heroic t18 pieces because it's not worth to lose the stats. having a 1.2 mil hp pool is better than having an absorb shield of 40k when bosses hit for over 150k
    Stop standing in fire...

Quote Originally Posted by Rafy View Post
    at level 104 I started replacing all my heroic t18 pieces because it's not worth to lose the stats. having a 1.2 mil hp pool is better than having an absorb shield of 40k when bosses hit for over 150k
    Doesn't the absorption shield scale with health? So as you level up you get more health, so the absorption goes up as well.

It's more then just the shield from the teir 2 set as well, there's an artifact trait that puts an absorb on you rqual to a certain % of the damage the shield does. Spamming shields means your artifact trait is that much stronger

Quote Originally Posted by Rafy View Post
    I am sitting at 1.5 million hp freshly dinged which is a 75k shield (5% of max hp) and right now my avengers shield is hitting for about 110k average (220k crit of course) which is another 55-110k shield from the artifact bonus Bulwark of Order (and even more than that with the Tyr's Enforcer bonus which adds even more damage to Avengers Shield). The really important thing though is the 4 piece bonus which lets you spam it a LOT so you are getting constant 150k+ shields.

Quote Originally Posted by Damonharp View Post
    Doesn't the absorption shield scale with health? So as you level up you get more health, so the absorption goes up as well.

It's more then just the shield from the teir 2 set as well, there's an artifact trait that puts an absorb on you rqual to a certain % of the damage the shield does. Spamming shields means your artifact trait is that much stronger
    Yes, but that is still a lot of stat points to give up. I just did a quick comparison between Helm/Shoulders/Gloves/Chest at ilvl 720 (Mythic T18) and 850, and if you wore 720 instead of 850, you'd lose about:
    -3186 Strength
    -4778 Stamina
    -2741 Secondary Stats
    -871 Armor

Besides, even if it's a good idea short-term, I guarantee you Blizzard won't let that stand as a viable strategy. The instant they notice pallies running T18 set bonuses and being competitive, they'll nerf the set bonuses hard.

Edit: Not that I had it to play around with, mind...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Yes, but that is still a lot of stat points to give up. I just did a quick comparison between Helm/Shoulders/Gloves/Chest at ilvl 720 (Mythic T18) and 850, and if you wore 720 instead of 850, you'd lose about:
    -3186 Strength
    -4778 Stamina
    -2741 Secondary Stats
    -871 Armor

Besides, even if it's a good idea short-term, I guarantee you Blizzard won't let that stand as a viable strategy. The instant they notice pallies running T18 set bonuses and being competitive, they'll nerf the set bonuses hard.

Edit: Not that I had it to play around with, mind...
    Maybe you should compare it to iLevel 800-820, thats where most people will be for at least a few days. Once you get 850 pieces its kind of self-explanatory, cause we´re talking about over 100 more iLevels. Havent done any math ofc

Quote Originally Posted by Dodar121 View Post
    Maybe you should compare it to iLevel 800-820, thats where most people will be for at least a few days. Once you get 850 pieces its kind of self-explanatory, cause we´re talking about over 100 more iLevels. Havent done any math ofc
    I'd expect someone who had 4-piece 720 mythic tier to be capable of getting to 850 relatively quickly... but this is a decent point anyways, so why not? :-P

Stat loss going from 810 to 720 for the same four slots (helm/shoulders/gloves/chest):
    -1774 strength
    -2660 Stamina
    -2109 Secondary Stats
    -686 Armor

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I gave up the 4pc but have been holding onto the 2pc (gloves & shoulders) till I power up my artifact. Seriously don't think it matters too much for leveling. We'll all either vendor them, save them for TW, or add them to our souvenir collection (if you're sentimental) soon enough.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Both missions were over 100% chance and had all spells countered.
    Shit, sounds like a bug then, have you spoken to a GM? I just picked up my first Blood and sent out two more missions for the next two. Both quests were 8 hours (well, one was 16, but THAT was because of the increased mission time guy, that I was able to counter), so if you're seeing 1d8h, it's a bug for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    As I said, I never got the option to train a knight in the first place. The game had one of those sudden lag moments when I finished the quest, and I'm afraid that mucked it up.
    Ah... Yeah that's possible. After probably the smoothest launch in WoW history, my server (Silvermoon EU) has had fucking CHRONIC lag issues. A few people have noted some fairly odd shit happening. Contact a GM and hope for the best.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Ah... Yeah that's possible. After probably the smoothest launch in WoW history, my server (Silvermoon EU) has had fucking CHRONIC lag issues. A few people have noted some fairly odd shit happening. Contact a GM and hope for the best.
    Got a ticket reply. Said they're aware of the bug and are unable to directly assist with game bugs, but are working on it.

Meanwhile, I still can't train any Knights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeash, that sucks... Hopefully they'll get to work and fix it soon, seems like a pretty big thing to just say "Chill, we're looking into it"

Also: Really starting to feel somewhat invincible, now that I've sunk some points into my Artifact and geared up a bit... Although it's going FAR slower than I imagined, I figured I'd have my first Gold trait and be well on my way to the second before I hit level cap... As it stands right now I'm really not sure which I'll hit first, Gold or 110.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

itll be 110 for sure, gold trait if you beeline is 6840AP
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

Yeash, that sucks... Hopefully they'll get to work and fix it soon, seems like a pretty big thing to just say "Chill, we're looking into it"

Also: Really starting to feel somewhat invincible, now that I've sunk some points into my Artifact and geared up a bit... Although it's going FAR slower than I imagined, I figured I'd have my first Gold trait and be well on my way to the second before I hit level cap... As it stands right now I'm really not sure which I'll hit first, Gold or 110.
    110. There's almost no chance you get a gold while leveling up. Most of your first trait AP is going to come from Suramar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyloris View Post
    110. There's almost no chance you get a gold while leveling up. Most of your first trait AP is going to come from Suramar.
    Level 108 and 500 AP away from first gold , it's going to be pretty close.

Glad to know that AP gain ramps up once you reach Suramar. Just another reason why I'm super hyped to get there.

Glad to know that AP gain ramps up once you reach Suramar. Just another reason why I'm super hyped to get there.
    Then you're not going for Tyr's first? Because that one requires 14.

I just reached 110 halfway through my third zone, and I'm at 12. If I had to make a recommendation, it would be to skip side quest nodes entirely.
    Last edited by Valenhil; 2016-09-02 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyloris View Post
    110. There's almost no chance you get a gold while leveling up.
    I got bulwark first, that requires 11 points, and I got it somewhere at 108-109.

Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    If I had to make a recommendation, it would be to skip side quest nodes entirely.
    Depends really, I did some side quest (not required for loremaster) in Northern Azsuna (the demon camp with demon hunters, not the Southern one that is required), and bam 100 AP reward for killing the named demon at the end. And to think I only wandered in that direction because of engineering quests...

Btw every end-zone dungeon quests gives 100 AP if I remember correctly.

Suramar and extra rewards for doing heroics while bonus is active for lack of tanks. Satchel rewards 800g and a BoA 100 artifact with a chance at some other AP items (probably 100-1k bonus)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    I'd expect someone who had 4-piece 720 mythic tier to be capable of getting to 850 relatively quickly... but this is a decent point anyways, so why not? :-P

Stat loss going from 810 to 720 for the same four slots (helm/shoulders/gloves/chest):
    -1774 strength
    -2660 Stamina
    -2109 Secondary Stats
    -686 Armor
    I do get your point, ofc. But some people (taking myself as an example) dont rush everything We have three weeks to gear up. Just hit 110 yesterday and thats when I decided to not use the 2p any longer and replace the 735/741 pieces with 800+ gear.

But I have to say, during leveling, the 2p is so fucking amazing. Most groups I pulled couldnt even get through the absorb, especially if you also still have the 4p.