15+ Year Old Account

When to switch zones?

Im almost 104 and i havent even finished my 1st zone yet(high mountain). I havent gotten the quest to run the dungeon yet. When should i move on to the next zone? Am i gimping my xp gains by staying in the zone too long?

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    Im almost 104 and i havent even finished my 1st zone yet(high mountain). I havent gotten the quest to run the dungeon yet. When should i move on to the next zone? Am i gimping my xp gains by staying in the zone too long?
    Unless in your questlog they've turned green, you'll be fine. I was 104 before finishing Stormheim. Move on when you're ready.

I have no real basis to this claim, but since the zones scale with your level now, you basically earn nothing in changing zone, the way I've been leveling I complete all quests before moving on to the next zone, I've also heard of people who have "completed" all zones but remain at lvl 107 because the skipped sidequests, so I'd say it's much safer to move on when you no longer have a direct objective in the zone to move on to.

When you are done, all zones scale to your exact level so it doesnt matter where you are at any given level. If anything you are better off like that since many of my guildies "ran out of quests" by the time they hit 108-109, which caused them to have to backtrack and search for any quests and bonus objectives they might have missed.

I move on when I get the zone achievement.

All zones scale to your level so there will be no gimping exp quest wise. keep in mind in legion killing mobs give a lot less exp then earlier ways to level so if you run out of quests to do its a good time to move on. I stayed in my first zone and got every bit of exp out of it by catching pets I didnt have and doing archeology (since you only have 1 zone unlocked, next digsite always spawns in the same zone somewhere nearby, very fast grind).

Deleted
    Seeing how everything scales to your level... not till you are done with it.

At least up to level 110, at that point you might want to head to Suramar, but i'm not there yet so i cannot tell yet.

I was told to just clear the chapters then move on. I went from 100 to 103.5 on my dh in stormheim but on my rogue I think ill just clear the chapters then move on. otherwise I get bored fast and start to not enjoy questing lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Thank you all for ur advice, i have 2 more questions. How do i get to suramar or aszuna if my profession quests are in there? Do i just run there or is there a quest i can pick up to get me started on my way there?

I only just moved to Aszuna after Highmountain at level 105 and have yet to complete the Highmountain dungeon (however, I have done a couple of profession quests).

Everything scales so there is no "missing out" any more

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you all for ur advice, i have 2 more questions. How do i get to suramar or aszuna if my profession quests are in there? Do i just run there or is there a quest i can pick up to get me started on my way there?
    Class Hall mission board/table ... should be a scouting tab or something similar. There you get to pick a new zone.
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

This post is brought to you by the letters U and F (though not necessarily in that order)