Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Forgot numbers, how fun is enh?

I'm coming into legion trying to play whats most fun and right now im working on all my 100s artifact quests. So far the light show that is the enh shaman is the most "fun" to play granted i've only done the artifact weapon quests.

How are you guys liking the light show?

EDIT: Title should be Forget*

Deleted
    I really enjoy it,

It feels a tad too squishy (mobs normal melee attacks hit me for around 50k) and healing surge feels meh costs you malestrom for an in instant meh sized heal, and when stormbringer and WF decides to not proc its a bit frustrating as it draws out the fight, thus you take more damage, but when they do you see huge chunks of enemies HP vanish its quite satisfying. Not being able to let loose on a pack with Alpha Wolf is a shame too you just take too much damage in AoE unless you can kill everything within a Lightning Surge Totem. In dungeons though, FT,FB up Wolves out, Crash Lightning and go to town and watch your screen light up with numbers its very fun.

But everything else aside the squishyness I feel is spot on, dungeons are a blast and our damage thus far seems pretty competitive to boot even without it tracking the added dps we bring from stormlash.
    Last edited by mmoc9de0d4c32c; 2016-09-01 at 12:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reinert012 View Post
    I'm coming into legion trying to play whats most fun and right now im working on all my 100s artifact quests. So far the light show that is the enh shaman is the most "fun" to play granted i've only done the artifact weapon quests.

How are you guys liking the light show?

EDIT: Title should be Forget*

I enjoy it quite a lot, the artifact ability is very good and the weapon looks so good.

The rotation is sometimes a bit too much reliant on procs but with more haste it should feel better, especially if you enjoy boulderfist instead of rockbiter spam

It's kind of clunky. The most frustrating part is the much more limited range with how most abilities have been nerfed to 10 yards. As far as fun factor goes I think I enjoyed enhancement the most as it was during Cataclysm.

The artifact powers help a bit. Especially the trait that generates maelstrom while in ghost wolf adds a whole new dynamic to the gameplay, really opening up venues for defensive play. The obvious tactic is to kite around and use maelstrom for heals when you're in trouble. If you've specced into the lightning bolt talent you can also kite and occasionally burst at range.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    It's kind of clunky. The most frustrating part is the much more limited range with how most abilities have been nerfed to 10 yards. As far as fun factor goes I think I enjoyed enhancement the most as it was during Cataclysm.

The artifact powers help a bit. Especially the trait that generates maelstrom while in ghost wolf adds a whole new dynamic to the gameplay, really opening up venues for defensive play. The obvious tactic is to kite around and use maelstrom for heals when you're in trouble. If you've specced into the lightning bolt talent you can also kite and occasionally burst at range.
    What part feels clunky to you? To me it feels very smooth, only annoying part I find is Boulderfist, FT, FB are a larger range than SS and LvL so Im sometimes out of range to hit SS or LvL but dont realise because my BF just hit.

So far (level 107) I like it a lot, I'm tough enough to take a beating and weave a few Healing Surges inbetween attacks, I can burst really really hard and sustain myself very nicely even against 5 or 6 mobs. The next point, which is a few AP away is the one that allows my wolves to attack in AoE, which should boost me even further.

I plan to play more Resto once at 110 and use Enhancement to farm stuff and do World Quests, etc. but the spec is really good.

110 here, ilevel 807. Haven't been lucky with the drops thus far but I can say DW helps a little. The biggest thing is to stack the crap out of that mastery for proc rate. When a proc chain occurs you are in for a good time. Yes, having to stop the fun to refresh FB and FT is a major pain in the ass and then crash lightning to go back into your stormstrikes.

The only problem is I've had lulls. Lulls suck.

once you hit lvl110 enh becomes kinda rough since you are so squishy. instant heals dont rly help.
    in dungeons i had bossfights with only one stormbringer procc wich makes the specc sometimes frustrating to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post

Oh my god...
    Its NOT clunky. IT IS NOT. You guys seriously need to learn new words.

How can you enjoy cataclysm Enhancement the most? It was at one of the worst points in the game at that point...

On Topic:
    Its pretty fun for me at least. Managing buffs and ressources correctly involves a lot of planning ahead and I like that gameplay. The only thing I wish they'd bring back are: Frost Shock via Frostbrand (applying a slow on RANGE instead of no slow at all at the first cast) for PvP, a bit more survivability and mobility.

Otherwise its good.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Without numbers, nothing would be fun.
    In the end, it's just a sequence of how you press your keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    Oh my god...
    Its NOT clunky. IT IS NOT. You guys seriously need to learn new words.

How can you enjoy cataclysm Enhancement the most? It was at one of the worst points in the game at that point...

On Topic:
    Its pretty fun for me at least. Managing buffs and ressources correctly involves a lot of planning ahead and I like that gameplay. The only thing I wish they'd bring back are: Frost Shock via Frostbrand (applying a slow on RANGE instead of no slow at all at the first cast) for PvP, a bit more survivability and mobility.

Otherwise its good.
    becouse cataclysm enhancer had the most utility and you were not just focusing on optimizing your dmg. it also had consistent dmg and wasnt relying on cooldowns.

Prepatch I hated it. like uber hated it. We have 1!!!! 1!!!! defensive CD, no more sham rage and wolves don't heal us... Its just baffling. Our heals are shit too.

Deleted
    Enha Shaman is one my favorite specs in this expansion in terms of fun. A Melee class (I pref melee) with a complete rotation (you have something to do all the time). The artifact ability really tights up all the things together and it has also some interesting traits. The visuals are fantastic, you are feeling like Zeus some times (Ele is Palpatine :P). It feels like Enh shammy has the whole packet for this expansion, one of the best reworks so people that like to have their hands full all the time and adapt in the process will love him.

It feels like Ret Pally from Wrath where your AOE/cleave is woven into your single target rotation. Definitely a fun and explosive spec.

Quote Originally Posted by deadfusion View Post
    What part feels clunky to you? To me it feels very smooth, only annoying part I find is Boulderfist, FT, FB are a larger range than SS and LvL so Im sometimes out of range to hit SS or LvL but dont realise because my BF just hit.
    That happens to me a lot too.

Enhancement is fun btw!

Quote Originally Posted by deadfusion View Post
    That happens to me every damn time.

I chalked it up to being rusty at playing melee, since I was a Hunter in Warlords (meaning every damn mob in the dungeon/raid was in attack range at any given time), but I guess that's not the case if other people are having issues with it, as well.

It's fun. Make sure you keep haste up to par. I would take Ancestral Swiftness for leveling so the pace of your rotation keeps up.

It's fun seeing a number bukkakke constantly with WF and SS going on cleave fights.

But the weakness of our class is lack of survivability. Just something you gotta work around.

Quote Originally Posted by plato13 View Post
    becouse cataclysm enhancer had the most utility and you were not just focusing on optimizing your dmg. it also had consistent dmg and wasnt relying on cooldowns.
    We had the same utility in MoP, and we had the BEST TIME in MoP during ToT/SoO content by far. Thats just me (and a lot of other people though) that have the same opinion on this. Cataclysm was a nightmare compared to those times a addon later. We also still have some utility if used well. I'm clearing mythic dungeons currently without any problems and I'm usually 2nd or 1st depending on bossfights (and if adds are in the fight; our DH pulls way more DPS there than me, but thats to be expected).

Also: thats just a lie if you didnt optimize your damage in cataclysm and a bad thing on your part. People brought enhancement shamans mainly for kicking bosses/adds and "decent" singletarget output.

On Topic:
    Spec isn't clunky. Everything works exactly as intended. People confuse "clunky" (which IMO means UNPLAYABLE or that a class isn't really playing quite "smoothly" enough) with "bad feels". The only thing thats somewhat "weird" to use is Crash Lightning, and lava Lash feels somewhat bad to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Goron24 View Post
    Prepatch I hated it. like uber hated it. We have 1!!!! 1!!!! defensive CD, no more sham rage and wolves don't heal us... Its just baffling. Our heals are shit too.
    Survivability wise we lost as much as most classes did. And our Heals are pretty good with the artifact traits. I'm able to mass pull a ton of mobs and keep myself up via stunning, Astral Shift, Wolf cleave and Healing Surges. Healing Surges crit for a 3rd of your HP if not more.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maining a Shaman in Legion...I'm 107 and have been leveling as enhancement. I'm having a great time with the spec....can pull 5-6 mobs and do great AoE, single target, and have great survivability. I almost have Doom Wolves artifact trait.

I'll be switching to Resto main spec but i'll definitely keep enhance up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by plato13 View Post
    ToT Enh was better IMO. I could basically be 60% of a dedicated healer on stack fights in 10man Heroic.