Crafted Gear Is Super Expensive To Make

Hai!

Im a Hunter, bought and upgraded all recipes of my Graven-Set - and guess what, it's just as expesnive as it was on Rank 1.
    I mean, in order for me to craft a Mail Helmet, i need x6 (!!!!!!!) Maelstrom Sapphires which goes for 4k (That's freaking 24k gold not to mention the other materials involved) a pop in the AH, and that's after already bought x5 to just buy the recipe of the vendor.
    Arkhana, Leystone Ore or Dawnlight for Leather-Gear - All these overpriced, foreign profession materials shouldnt be included in out Leatherworking Profession at all.
    What are they here?!
    Not only you get broke my crafting an item, you can't reroll it so you go and try again (Should you even have the materials for that) and then you suppose to break the bad rolls for +5 ilvl upgrades?
    This system, is so abusive, im speachless!

I don't know what language you're speaking, but I do know you're not happy with the cost of mats...the day after an expansion releases.

Don't worry, the prices will start to plummet after a week or two.

Deleted
    blacksmiting is pretty stupid too:

demonsteel armguards (the part everbody needs for obliterum forge): cost 55(!) demonsteel bars and 80 stormscale to make.
    there are 2 or 3 other pieces that cost 50+ bars.

but then you have demonsteel parts like shoulders and boots that cost less then 10 bars to make.

wtf.

Auction market is pretty broken first couple of weeks of a new expac.
    My suggestion is to sell what you can xD

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post

demonsteel armguards (the part everbody needs for obliterum forge): cost 55(!) demonsteel bars and 80 stormscale to make.

but then you have demonsteel parts like shoulders and boots that cost less then 10 bars to make.

wtf.
    So thats why i payed 30k for these stupid armguards.... -_-

Don't take the week of release ah prices as being set in stone, they are always inflated to the stars, i sold a bunch of enchanting crystal for 300g a pop...why because someone always has to be first to level their profesion and will pay any price to do so, them of course you have the obliteratom quests bracers which are just another world of inflated.

Deleted
    new expansion = mats are still pretty rare.
    Give it a couple weeks and prices will begin to drop, now it is just price gouging by those that have the mats.

Quote Originally Posted by Kjarl Grimblood View Post
    Hai!

Im a Hunter, bought and upgraded all recipes of my Graven-Set - and guess what, it's just as expesnive as it was on Rank 1.
    I mean, in order for me to craft a Mail Helmet, i need x6 (!!!!!!!) Maelstrom Sapphires which goes for 4k (That's freaking 24k gold not to mention the other materials involved) a pop in the AH, and that's after already bought x5 to just buy the recipe of the vendor.
    Arkhana, Leystone Ore or Dawnlight for Leather-Gear - All these overpriced, foreign profession materials shouldnt be included in out Leatherworking Profession at all.
    What are they here?!
    Not only you get broke my crafting an item, you can't reroll it so you go and try again (Should you even have the materials for that) and then you suppose to break the bad rolls for +5 ilvl upgrades?
    This system, is so abusive, im speachless!
    Sorry, but this is common sense. The first month of any expansion it will be super crazy expensive to craft. Once raids hit and people start getting gear from them that is when the mats will usually start to drop in price (sometimes longer, sometimes slightly less).

Basically if you want to get ahead then be prepared to pay. If you can just wait a month or two. Sure, you could farm your own mats but then you are technically losing out on gold still.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post

wtf.
    But the other items also need Blood of Sargeras (and some other mats). So it's not like they are cheap.

I am seriously wondering about tailoring, I am 109 now and overall (including the shoulder boon I have since 105) I and my friend who gave me all his cloth got less than 300 cloth by now.
    A stack of cloth is for 5k gold in the AH.
    What makes me really wonder is that during beta people claimed the 24 slot bag costing 90 cloth would be "incredibly cheap" to make. Huh? Is there some secret cloth source I am not aware of?

Deleted
    it' odd how damage numbers and HP pools where devaluated but material stacks/requirements went opposite way. why there is 50 smtn and not 5. they should make then those 50 stuff go to 5 big ones when clicked. AH is so slow because of millions of x1 auctions of stuff you need 20x at the time anyways to make most simple things.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I am seriously wondering about tailoring, I am 109 now and overall (including the shoulder boon I have since 105) I and my friend who gave me all his cloth got less than 300 cloth by now.
    A stack of cloth is for 5k gold in the AH.
    What makes me really wonder is that during beta people claimed the 24 slot bag costing 90 cloth would be "incredibly cheap" to make. Huh? Is there some secret cloth source I am not aware of?
    Boon of the Scavenger, but not sure of it helps much.

yeah they went over board with the crafting changes imo.. esp when gathering relies on RNG to get the next "level". for mining living felstone is up one star the rest nothing.... and BS is a pain in the ass again, by the time most people can make the stuff they will likely have better.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    You're unhappy with your profession? Reroll inscription and just sit around wondering why it's not a secondary profession yet!

New xpac = low supply of mats that are in high demand.

Deleted
    No worries. Just a matter of time before the botters start spewing their mats on the AH again and the prices will go down.