Legion Boomkin thoughts

Being totally honest here. Blizzard have ruined this game for me. Not just because of Boomkins but druids in general

The choices i have have completely gone against why i started playing a druid in the first place

Why can't we just go back to the MoP version of even Cata version druids where each spec had a little bit of everything.

Why do i need to pick between having offheals or being able to rake stun? Why are you limiting my options. This expansion is ruined for me. Moonkin rotation is god awful boring and just all around clunky. It's the same old shit except now it feels like we run out of energy and it's just annoying.

Just quit, its easy.

That's weird. I think boomkin is really interesting now. I can't imagine thinking that not being able to rake as boomkin is the reason the class is bad or somehow lacks variety. You can healing touch in boomkin form just fine. You should probably quit. You don't sound like you'll ever be happy otherwise.

I just started leveling my Moonkin and WOW HOLY SH*T. The damage is insane, I love the different specs you can play (DoT, burst, AoE etc.), the weapon looks great and the story is good as well.

Moonkin is better than ever.

I agree. Boomkin is one of those specs that has been completely dumbed down in Legion.

Deleted
    I actually prefer this version of Moonkin over all previous (not talking number tuning). The ramp-up for AoE pulls is too slow though, especially if you want to moonfire stuff. Please make Lunar Strike spread MF to nearby targets or do something with Starfall cost.

I was fully aware of these issues when I picked balance for legion, but hey one can hope...

Deleted
    Balance druids have never been better. Thank god they moved away from the bad design where each spec had a little bit of everything. Every specialization has a definite identity, from mechanics, to spells effect, talents and builds.
    Ramp up can be a bit slow, but for the most part can be compensated by properly using the Artifact ability.
    Overall, a 9/10.

Wow, perfect 5/7.

Do Demon Hunters next.
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

10+ Year Old Account
    You get to attack things with a moon. A freaking MOON!!!! Balance is the best spec ever now.

I am going to miss my trinket though. Starsurge proccing starfall is a blessing while leveling.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    The Legion Boomkin is by far my favorite iteration of this spec. I'm pulling insane DPS in absolute junk gear while leveling up. Try using Cyous Astral Power Pro Bar (AP_ProBar). You'll find a download link on his YouTube channel, "The Boomkings".
    Last edited by Etheom; 2016-09-01 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Verrayne View Post
    I am going to miss my trinket though. Starsurge proccing starfall is a blessing while leveling.
    I really like the balance toolkit when having the trinket, but when it gets replaced it will feels like something is missing for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I just started leveling my Moonkin and WOW HOLY SH*T. The damage is insane, I love the different specs you can play (DoT, burst, AoE etc.), the weapon looks great and the story is good as well.

Moonkin is better than ever.
    the dmg output is not that massive compared to other classes tbh, at least thats what I saw from leveling. But again I saw warrior tanks pulling 10+ mobs and 1 shotting them... its the early start of the game and blizz hasn't fixed issues yet (warr tanks 600k drops in single hits)

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    the dmg output is not that massive compared to other classes tbh, at least thats what I saw from leveling. But again I saw warrior tanks pulling 10+ mobs and 1 shotting them... its the early start of the game and blizz hasn't fixed issues yet (warr tanks 600k drops in single hits)
    Balance druid is one of the best single target specs in the game right now. Both in sims and in practice. Of course Warrior or Monk will outcleave you, too bad that's the only thing they are good at. The big numbers can make it seem like more of an issue than it really is, trash dps means fuck all.

Quote Originally Posted by omgitskae View Post
    Balance druid is one of the best single target specs in the game right now. Both in sims and in practice. Of course Warrior or Monk will outcleave you, too bad that's the only thing they are good at. The big numbers can make it seem like more of an issue than it really is, trash dps means fuck all.

What are you basing this on? We are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Verrayne View Post
    You get to attack things with a moon. A freaking MOON!!!! Balance is the best spec ever now.

That's it. A FUCK*N MOON. Nuff said.

I might actually switch from resto to balance for Legion. Fun is subjective and classes change all the time (and they rarelly change in a drastic manner; such as demo locks, surv hunters or outlaw rogues). There are 36 different specs in the game, all with their different niches. If you really dislike the current balance druid playstile you should try out any of the other 35 remaining specs. But really, balance is currently AMAZING, I'm having so much fun with it.
    <3333 Full Moon <333

And regarding the whole "jack of all trades, master of none" fantasy, IMO, Blizzard hit the spot right on with afinities. They provide that extra utility and your choice actually matters. Besides you can easily switch specs now without a penalty, so you can easily switch between all 4 specs depending on your current need, this is way better over having the ability to do everything at once. And yes, we did lose utility and other neat spells, but so did all the other classes.
    Last edited by Ragnarohk; 2016-09-01 at 10:54 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am having quite a bit of fun to be honest. The MoonMoon spell adds what was needed in the rotation, I don't feel at the moment lack of astral power, but I am just leveling so.

I am a bit confused on the Relic side of the Artifact.. like which trait I should boost and which not.
    Thats it.