Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azutael View Post
    Can't stand the PvP aspect of the dalaran underbelly, it has already gotten old, and i've not actively spent my time down there yet!
    Quite the outrage on the forums over it though, but from what i've read that's been the case since beta.. sooo I guess we will have to live with it.
    I would say the only problem with it is some quest are done in it. Such as the JC profession quest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    That is because you comparing it with WoD, if you compared it with an earlier x-pack you would notice that the game is absolutely devoid of gameplay:
    - The entire game is fully RNG controlled, skill doesn't matter;
    - Stats having no valor... And they are RNG controlled aswell;
    - No gameplay custumization, toons are just an exact copy of others;
    - Forced gamesplay, you aren't even free to choose the content you enjoy most and focus there... For example you always need those stupid garrisons, sorry, just realised they renamed that thing...

And i could keep typing example after example.
    Sounds just like it was in 2004. Most people looked just about the same with maybe a few having those raid/ special pvp items.

Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post
    The fuck, how? Ive done 2 full zones with all the quests, treasures and rares and proffesion quests yet Im only lvl 105
    Its not hard if you dont skip side quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    4 leveling zones, and I was 110 before I could finish the 3rd. So, you are wrong.
    He's not completely wrong though. You need to at least dab in all zones to get friendly to unlock world quests anyway and you need almost 3 full zones to get to 110. And for example in Stormheim, it took me half of the zone to get to friendly with the faction there (basically everything up to the vyrkul peninsula), so that's quite a bit of that zone too, and honestly, after doing it once in Beta and second time now, I'm not a big fan of doing it again and again and again on every alt I have and want to play.

In WoD, I leveled 7 toons to 100 (well 8, but the 8th was my new main just before the prepatch hit, so that doesn't really count). I can't see leveling anything up until flying is enabled.

Speaking about alts, I think for me the weakest point of legion is professions. I really dislike how everything is gated behind quests, exploration and rep. I'll have to play my alchemist quite a bit to get it to a viable state.

Deleted
    Still only finishing up the leveling cycle, but I'm not hugely impressed by the zones. Highmountain seemed really cool initially but just felt like it didn't do anything interesting. The alliance horde conflict in Stormheim was super disappointing and seemed like it was over before it even began. Purely from this standpoint I actually think WOD did it better.

Luckily I still have Suramar completely unexplored and it seems like its the most promising of the bunch. Also endgame wise there seems like there will be a lot more to do, which ultimately is the part that actually matters.

Leveling isn't quite as fast as it was in WoD. While that may be a plus for those who enjoy questing or for Blizzard in terms of stretching content, it is a small minus for me.

So many mobs are getting stuck on scenery or failing to path and it results in a lot of evading.

The profession quests... I respect Bliz's decision to incorporate it into the world and force people to go out and do things if they want to level their professions even if I don't like it as someone who owns a stable of professions alts. That said the system needs some cohesion. Right now its go to Dal, go to Azsuna then back to Dal, and back to Azsuna. After that change things up and go to Stormheim then.... Back to Dal, Azsuna, Dal, a dungeon, Azuna, etc.... It doesn't mesh with my leveling at all. A better system would be to either put all quests into one zone with the quest giver also in that zone or to use the auto completing quests that pop up on the right hand side of your screen. I don't mind doing them, I just don't like how they interrupt the flow of leveling.

That's really it. Stuff looks cool and the story is fairly interesting. Dungeons are fun. Class order hall and artifact acquisition quests are fun and interesting. its really too early to tell much more than above.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishoj View Post
    What would you say is Legion's weak points?
    lack of content

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    4 leveling zones, and I was 110 before I could finish the 3rd. So, you are wrong.
    If you grinded out the entire thing without any rested then you must've done something else. By the time I hit 110 from marathoning it on the first day there was a single additional quest chain until I finished loremaster (minus Suramar for obvious reasons).

So not really. I realize I might've missed some minor hubs but my point being was that there really aren't a terrible lot of quests in the expansion for the laser focus they've put on questing as the only source of leveling. It's going to lead to a lot of angry posts about how much it sucks leveling alts in the future, I can see it from here.

Deleted
    • Pruning. Too much flavour dumped.
    • Rotation downtimes. They just suck ass. I want to concentrate on the action not on looking at my buttons to see if something finally can be used.
    • Artifacts. The fact of having something reminiscent of old talents is great, but the execution is fugly, particularly if you prefer looks of other weapons than what Blizzard decided you WILL use this xpac. Very uneven level of how interesting their special powers are. Unholy and beastmastery get awesomesauce, but for example Ashbringer is underwhelming AF and the bow just sucks.
    • Laziness in storylines. Ysera vs. Xavius showdown raises an "are you feckin kidding me?" due to all the preparation happening offscreen. Marksman artifact quest is a cringefest. Unseen Path suddenly popping up from nowhere is terribad. Unprophet Velen is pathetic and Rakeesh's invulnerability in the key moment is piss poor - it would be a lot more convincing if he just had a powerful minion keep my attention. And so on.
    • The fact that the 4 zones are very likely 4 scrapped xpacs. Too many overly important world pieces cramped there too. Suramar, bithplace of druidism AND Tomb of Sargeras all in one small area - u fooken japin' Blizz?
    • Wing clip. The conditions revealed so far are acceptable, but by the time it gets actually enabled in the game I expect it to be just about as satisfying as they made it in Shitlords of Borenor.
    • Return of garrisons. 'Nuff said.
    • Too many external references with seriously excessive GRRM fappery. I can take a Game of Thrones xpac ("Winter is coming" with a wolf icon and "White walker" in one talent table IS a bit much for me but hey who cares it's WoW, not GW2), but once I decided I don't really give sufficient number of fecks, I saw Melissandre boss in dungeon journal and then got sent on a quest to Hogwart.
    • Silver Hand. Something new could be more convincing, since some of the orders incorporated in the new Hand are results of fusions between old Hand and other orders. Having Liadrin join me was awesome, but I don't give a flying flick about Hand of Argus without Maraad at its head. And no, seeing Yrel die the kind of death Tirion seems to die at the Broken Shore won't be enough.

Still, the new locations looks very nice, they seem to have just the right sizing so far, having a sanctuary xpac hub feels good

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    • Pruning. Too much flavour dumped.
    • Rotation downtimes. They just suck ass. I want to concentrate on the action not on looking at my buttons to see if something finally can be used.
    • Artifacts. The fact of having something reminiscent of old talents is great, but the execution is fugly, particularly if you prefer looks of other weapons than what Blizzard decided you WILL use this xpac. Very uneven level of how interesting their special powers are. Unholy and beastmastery get awesomesauce, but for example Ashbringer is underwhelming AF and the bow just sucks.
    • Laziness in storylines. Ysera vs. Xavius showdown raises an "are you feckin kidding me?" due to all the preparation happening offscreen. Marksman artifact quest is a cringefest. Unseen Path suddenly popping up from nowhere is terribad. Unprophet Velen is pathetic and Rakeesh's invulnerability in the key moment is piss poor - it would be a lot more convincing if he just had a powerful minion keep my attention. And so on.
    • The fact that the 4 zones are very likely 4 scrapped xpacs. Too many overly important world pieces cramped there too. Suramar, bithplace of druidism AND Tomb of Sargeras all in one small area - u fooken japin' Blizz?
    • Wing clip. The conditions revealed so far are acceptable, but by the time it gets actually enabled in the game I expect it to be just about as satisfying as they made it in Shitlords of Borenor.
    • Return of garrisons. 'Nuff said.
    • Too many external references with seriously excessive GRRM fappery. I can take a Game of Thrones xpac ("Winter is coming" with a wolf icon and "White walker" in one talent table IS a bit much for me but hey who cares it's WoW, not GW2), but once I decided I don't really give sufficient number of fecks, I saw Melissandre boss in dungeon journal and then got sent on a quest to Hogwart.
    • Silver Hand. Something new could be more convincing, since some of the orders incorporated in the new Hand are results of fusions between old Hand and other orders. Having Liadrin join me was awesome, but I don't give a flying flick about Hand of Argus without Maraad at its head. And no, seeing Yrel die the kind of death Tirion seems to die at the Broken Shore won't be enough.

Still, the new locations looks very nice, they seem to have just the right sizing so far, having a sanctuary xpac hub feels good
    3) You can transom artefacts into whatever weapon you like (provided the requirements are met as before).
    4) Laziness? Are you effin kidding me? The work that has been put into the areas is unprecedented. Not like a couple of aspects doesn't make something lazy. The word has been used like a lollipop lately, by people who are lazy themselves.
    7) Return of what? Clearly you haven't played class halls enough. You only get a few missions and a few followers - not a hundred as in garrisons. The quests actually encourage you to work instead of just sitting around.
    8) Whining about references, which are inconsequential, is pathetic at least.

Your other points are just as silly to be honest. But I get it, some people have to whine for the sake of it.

Deleted
    Alt hostility (might be fixed later? Remains to be seen) and the new pvp system are definitely the weak points of this xpack. Other aspects of it seem good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SexyManipulator View Post
    Your other points are just as silly to be honest. But I get it, some people have to whine for the sake of it.
    Don't crap yourself kid. You are under no obligation to share my opinions, so no reason to whine so pathetically about it as you do.

Can't fault it, that will hinge upon the patch cycle and future patch content in my book. :<
    Considering the fact that we already have a teaser for patch 7.1, it's looking good!

... I'd say no flying is a flaw, but then again I kinda enjoy being grounded for a long time and feel that I'm working towards the RIGHT to take to the skies... Going to a vendor and shelling out a few thousand gold ain't all that immersive.

So yeah, gonna stick with "can't fault it"... :3
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-09-01 at 12:53 PM.

Getting around in Highmountain is a real PitA. All I got, but I've only played 1 toon / 2.5 levels so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Hargrik View Post
    Being super important. Specially when, in truth, every other player has the same status. It's that old conversation: "you probably repeat that to all the others, don't you?"
    The one guy you beat in Stormhelm says "I haven't been beaten in 10,000 years... only to be beaten twice in one day." I didn't have the heart to tell him... he'd be in for a really, really bad week.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post
    The fuck, how? Ive done 2 full zones with all the quests, treasures and rares and proffesion quests yet Im only lvl 105
    I'm 103.3 and still have bunch of stuff in Stormhelm to do and half of my profession quests aren't in that zone.

My #1 problem is the low mob xp, I'm a grinder, not a quester. So being forced to quest is bothersome.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I hate right now is how they removed so many interface options in 7.0.

Oh one other thing that is irritating to me is that the initial 3 archaeology nodes on my map are all in the same zone and it's not the one zone I've actually been to and am questing in.

That almost seems like a bug to me. In the past it's always been the case that nodes didnt spawn in zones you hadn't visited yet.

But perhaps the intended gameplay if to jump around all the zones simultaneously? How many quests can be in the quest log nowadays?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeXan View Post
    i also hate how the treasure are all named the same and its not possible to wowhead them, going to make treasure hunting a mess.
    who on earth wowheads treasures?
    https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/ha...egiontreasures

Formerly known as Arafal

The Problems with Legion from a PoV:

Leveling:

The Leveling this time was niche, they forced you go through every zone, which in my mind, defeats the point of having 4 specific zones to level to 110 in, as I feel like im being forced to do every one of them as opposed to enjoying the ride at a mellow pace.

It also lacks direction, there was something easier about the WoD style, it worked, MoP worked, WOTLK worked, dont fix what isnt broken, the scaled leveling thing is only really useful "if" you can level to 110 without ever touching another zone. As such, it feels like ive been forced to do the content, as opposed to enjoying it on multiple alts.

Story:

I am still going through each zone's story but having finished at least 2 of them, I felt very... so so.

The theme is interesting, things are getting darker, more intense, more personal, but...

Theres also a lack of commitment to a single plot arc, everything is chaotic and unwoven. Yes your Class storyline is meant to make the story somewhat more linear but even -that- has its own individual identity. I feel like blizzard was trying to tell "too" many things at once, and as such, it suffers form Cataclysm syndrome of basically "sooo which story are we following again?"

Hopefully the future content will be more consistant, but it feels like a jumbled mess of events, rather than a consistant flow of plotlines that is NOT to say, that the plots themselves aernt good, they're hella good, but...

They could have been better paced and more consistant.

Garrison 2.0 *Cough* I mean Classhall:

About the only other gripe I have is literally this thing, a lack of shit to do but waiting 16 hours for a "chance" to complete a mission that advances my class story, im not okay with that system still being a thing, I think blizzard needs to realize it isnt working.

Also, it feels a bit weaker ironically than its other counterpart as you have less to "do" on the side while your developing things, over all, for a feature that was pushed as a big deal, it feels quite small, like a tacked on side-event than a main course.

Artifacts:

Hit and miss, the leveling system for artifacts worries me, the leveling process for a fully 51 tier artifact is supposedly going to take the equivilent of 28 weeks of time consuming work, which to me, just isnt okay.

Its designed to artifically lengthen the games potential but it doesnt hit the way its meant to, it feels tacked on, rather than enjoyable, artifacts themselves are also a hit miss, some being good, while others, are really, really not.

Bonus Quest Farming is Not Optional:

Im tired of "bonus" being tacked on when its blatantly obvious to really enjoy the content you have "no" choice but to do every single quest even the bonus ones which frankly is irritating, bonus quests are basically blizzards way of saying "hey its an MMO, if you play this with a friend then it will go faster" which defeats the point, im here for the story, not the grind.

And I doubt anyone on the fucking planet enjoys grinding for levels, maybe at end game when its a repeatable farm for content, but at early game when its a needless chore designed to make you do things longer, no, im not okay with that.

Anyway, fuck blizzard for that one.

Long Term Value:

I dunno guys, Legion feels like it was trying something different, and I "dont" think it pulled me in the way it might pull in others. I saw the idea and I see what they're doing but I feel like blizzard knows that WoW is the problem, not Legion.

They're trying too much to reuse WoD and not enough to go back to MoP, daily quests -were- okay, and no matter how much someone bitches about having too many, they were a step up from farming 100% every time and having fuck all to do for 24 hours.

Im not saying Legion is bad, but is it "good"?

Im not completley sold yet, im gonna give it more time, chance to really shine and im sure the storyline in end game is worth the wait -but- for this current moment, the leveling left a bad taste and this is -not- alt friendly atm.

Artifacts. Might become less of an issue as people unlock skins and transmog them, but right now oh boy are they an immersion killer.