Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Right now, I'd consider many videos entertaining ads. With this in effect, you'll only get long bad marketing announcements with further commercial breaks that few would want to watch.

Why would they think partial nudity and sexual humor is advertiser unfriendly? Even tv commercials use this.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Google is all about helping Hillary and the globalist agenda, so this makes sense. When you can't win by convincing people, just censor.
    wtf is this lol

Isn't this like 90% of YouTube's content?
    Not in the slightest. Have you been on there recently?
    If you are trying to stir up trouble with this, good luck.
    What youtube is doing is right. People should not be allowed to make money from these sort of videos. You wouldn't get paid to spout hate on any other advertising-monetized platform.
    Bud Light doesn't want their ads on that type of nonsense.

The videos should be removed, frankly.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    One trend I noticed

my usual anti corporate friends are against this

but so are my "companies should have the right to ban you from their store for being gay" friends.... turns it they do change their mind when the shoe is on the other foot.

Deleted
    People were all like... "Where's the Fair Use!? #WTFU"
    Google was all like ... "Zero moneis for you from advertising. #STFU"

Big corporations. This is what they do.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    People were all like... "Where's the Fair Use!? #WTFU"
    Google was all like ... "Zero moneis for you from advertising. #STFU"

Big corporations. This is what they do.
    Well these policies have two major purposes in my view,

1) The content policies are so vague and broad that any moderator or administrator with a "Might makes Right," mentality can have an after the fact justification for whatever petty personal vendetta or silencing of whomever they might feel like.

2) Likely their goal in targeting the big fist is try and drive everyone to Youtube Red because they want to be more like Netflix I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Given YouTube's record of broken automated systems that are too open to abuse, I think this will go very bad.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    And fuck, I misspelled demonetizing in the title.
    Whoa, if you use that kind of language on here, I'm going to have to demonetize this post. /s

Anyway, FTFY.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Not in the slightest. Have you been on there recently?
    If you are trying to stir up trouble with this, good luck.
    What youtube is doing is right. People should not be allowed to make money from these sort of videos. You wouldn't get paid to spout hate on any other advertising-monetized platform.
    Bud Light doesn't want their ads on that type of nonsense.

The videos should be removed, frankly.
    I mean, some of the channels I watch had a handful demonetized, and they're just basically summing up the news. Nothing extreme or graphic, no hate, just political and world events discussion. I mean, I can't even find a reason why any of Exurb1a's videos would be controversial or "advertiser unfriendly" in the slightest, and he had videos demonetized.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    First big step in getting everyone funneled into YT Red.

Youtube also has a major problem of false copyright complaints, forcing smaller tubers to have to take down their videos.

It requires heavy moderation that is very hard for Google!

i wonder how jontron, filthy frank, and h3h3 will be hit by this?

i need my jontron, and h3h3 can be pretty funny too. a lot of people love filthy frank, too.

AND OH MY GOD NO, MXR MODS. he's gonna be fucked.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2016-09-01 at 06:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i wonder how jontron, filthy frank, and h3h3 will be hit by this?

i need my jontron, and h3h3 can be pretty funny too. a lot of people love filthy frank, too.
    ;-; and my Projared and PBG! Oh no not my Grumps!

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the real issue. Youtube is a cesspool... a beautiful, but cessy... cesspool. You just need to read comments on numerous videos to see that its a cesspool. Youtube is also a company that wants advertisements. Companies that want to advertise want to protect their brands from stuff they deem harmful. Advertisers and cesspools do not mix well. Advertisers want the average person to not associate their product with any of the "less desirable" parts of youtube. Advertisers want sterilized, clean, and presentable videos to advertise on... much like regular TV.

Youtube is not doing this for any political/moral reason, much like Fb, and other forms of social media that thrive from advertisements, they are simply doing what the advertisers want.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    ;-; and my Projared and PBG! Oh no not my Grumps!
    From what Egoraptor tweeted out yesterday, the youtube policy hasn't actually changed, just worded more clearly. If something was fine before, it will continue to be fine.

Bullshit random flags people got for no reason before should now have a reason attached citing one of the "new" guidelines from what he is saying. If that is true, we will have to wait and see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    From what Egoraptor tweeted out yesterday, the youtube policy hasn't actually changed, just worded more clearly. If something was fine before, it will continue to be fine.

Bullshit random flags people got for no reason before should now have a reason attached citing one of the "new" guidelines from what he is saying. If that is true, we will have to wait and see.
    I hope Arin is right I need my daily multiple doses of Arin and Danny

10+ Year Old Account
    So with all the conspiracy theory posts on mmoc lately I guess those are allowed here now?

It is funny though to see all the usual suspects crawl out of the woodwork projecting their victim complex. "You mean I can't monetize my alt-right hate speech anymore? Illuminati confirmed! No step on snek!!!!!!11!111!"
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Deleted
    I'm failing to really see a reason to care tbh, if people aren't happy move sites what's the issue

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Just gives Google wide range of reasons for them to do pretty much whatever they feel like. They are a business who makes their money via advertising, so they are going to do anything and everything to keep that money flowing.

Deleted

Basically YouTube is all about the uh cha-ching cha-ching and yeah b-bling b-bling

boogie2988 talked about it today on his channel. I guess they've already demonetized half a dozen of his videos.

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano