• Absolute Cancer

4 28.57%
  • Complete Cancer

1 7.14%
  • Full Cancer

9 64.29%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation PvP Honor Token needs to be revamped ASAP!

So there was previously a thread about this that was locked due to moderator abuse, so we'll try again; The current pvp currency system with
    "honor tokens" is absolute cancer and needs to be revamped immediately. The classic system with honor points was a thousand times better (it was actually working). Previously we were upset over the fact that you ONLY got from wins and that you ONLY got one token per bg win, meaning it would take weeks/months to get some old transmog pieces.

Well, today I've done 11 BGs, out of which I won 3 (higher win ratio than normal I might add) and I've gotten 1 - that's right - ONE - token reward. I got two green chests and one blue, and the only token I got was from one of the green chests. It literally makes no sense at all. Not only should I be getting 5-7 for a win, but now I can do a full bg (the most boring thing in the game, its a pain to do them) and not get a single token.

Some other facts:
    -I'm doing these on my lvl 101 character, so its not the less-than-lvl 20-lock
    -I'm doing random/bonus bgs - not queueing specifics
    (also bs that you cant do specifics btw, as I want WSG rep)

They need to revamp this immediately. Not in a couple of months, not in a few weeks - tonight. This is completely outrageous.

The marks of honor are meant for transmog only; they arent meant to be used as a source of increasing player power.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    The marks of honor are meant for transmog only; they arent meant to be used as a source of increasing player power.
    You mean aren't? Because if that's what you're saying then, sure, make transmog gear available for gold and I won't be complaining (until I need to get some pvp gear)

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    So there was previously a thread about this that was locked due to moderator abuse, so we'll try again; The current pvp currency system with
    "honor tokens" is absolute cancer and needs to be revamped immediately. The classic system with honor points was a thousand times better (it was actually working). Previously we were upset over the fact that you ONLY got from wins and that you ONLY got one token per bg win, meaning it would take weeks/months to get some old transmog pieces.

Well, today I've done 11 BGs, out of which I won 3 (higher win ratio than normal I might add) and I've gotten 1 - that's right - ONE - token reward. I got two green chests and one blue, and the only token I got was from one of the green chests. It literally makes no sense at all. Not only should I be getting 5-7 for a win, but now I can do a full bg (the most boring thing in the game, its a pain to do them) and not get a single token.

Some other facts:
    -I'm doing these on my lvl 101 character, so its not the less-than-lvl 20-lock
    -I'm doing random/bonus bgs - not queueing specifics
    (also bs that you cant do specifics btw, as I want WSG rep)

They need to revamp this immediately. Not in a couple of months, not in a few weeks - tonight. This is completely outrageous.
    Someone is going to be disappointed.

That being said, I do think it needs a revamp but I am also not so shitting myself upset that I think it needs done tonight.

Also your poll is kinda bullshit. If you can't be honest about what a poll is actually for, it's little wonder the last thread was locked.
    Last edited by Hexxidecimal; 2016-09-01 at 02:48 PM.

No. Marks of honor's intended use is to buy old PVP gear to get the appearance associated with it.

Best poll I've seen today. I'm sure you are looking for a healthy discussion between both sides.

PS. I know you don't think (or might even want to state as a fact) that there is another side.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Honor tokens are only for old pvp gear (vanilla-WoD) for xmog purposes. At least understand the subject you are bursting a blood vessel over.
    No. Marks of honor's intended use is to buy old PVP gear to get the appearance associated with it.

In that case, why the fuck are they making them so fucking terrible to farm? This is slower than any in game reputation, pet or mount I've ever gotten. This is completely absurd. 100 bg wins to get some old transmog gear? This is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    At level 100, I was getting a Mark of Honor with each win in Random BGs, without fail. I'm not sure if that changes at 101, it might. I understand you're unhappy about not getting marks even when you win, that's frustrating. But at 110 Honor does return. The Marks of Honor are only there to buy transmog, tabards, and general "old" stuff for cosmetic purposes.

I hope this helps you calm down a bit. I'm a PvPer as well focusing on getting to 110 primarily so I can reap the real benefits of it.
    Here's the thing though; I'm after transmog, not current gear.

So you are mad that you can't lose your way to epic gear? If you are 3/10 in BGs the problem is probably you. If xmog is your driving force what does it matter, it gives you something to work towards.

There was plenty of time to get honor for those sets before the change. You only have yourself to blame.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I believe blizz's view is you should be aiming towards Honor as the main goal of battlegrounds, and the mark of honor is a nice bonus to get some transmog along the way. If you got mark of honor every time, it would trivialize getting the transmog gear, you would amass the marks, then have nothing to buy them with.

I am not sure if the drop rate was nerfed in legion or not, but I only do lower level battlegrounds (~20 to 90) and for every time I won a BG, there was always a mark of honor in the winner crate. It's possible 100-110 crates are nerfed droprates. But I have not done a low level battleground yet since broken isles was opened up.

100% sure you're the problem

I believe blizz's view is you should be aiming towards Honor as the main goal of battlegrounds, and the mark of honor is a nice bonus to get some transmog along the way. If you got mark of honor every time, it would trivialize getting the transmog gear, you would amass the marks, then have nothing to buy them with.

I am not sure if the drop rate was nerfed in legion or not, but I only do lower level battlegrounds (~20 to 90) and for every time I won a BG, there was always a mark of honor in the winner crate. It's possible 100-110 crates are nerfed droprates. But I have not done a low level battleground yet since broken isles was opened up.
    AFAIK the 100 winner crate is the same as the 101+ crate (the rewards just scale).

So with the old Honor system it would've taken you more than 1 BG win to get a piece of old gear. With the token system you can get 1 piece of gear with one BG win. How is it a thousand times better when its the same principle.

So what is the difference between:
    - grinding honor points which means you'd have to do multiple bgs to get enough points for 1 piece of gear
    or
    - grinding BG's for chests that have a chance at having a token inside of them to get 1 piece of gear.

Either way your having to do multiple BG's. Please actually think of the situation instead of whining.

There was nothing wrong with how honor worked in the past, but hey.... change is always good, or something.

There's a few sets I'd like to have, not nearly enough to bother with tokens for though. Onto other things *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    There was plenty of time to get honor for those sets before the change. You only have yourself to blame.
    That really doesnt make any sense. First of all there is a level limit involved, 2nd; previous honor points was made into gold, not honor tokens, lastly, I 've leveled these characters after the revamp.

Please get at least a clue about the topic before wasting time with a useless reply.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malstrum View Post
    So you are mad that you can't lose your way to epic gear? If you are 3/10 in BGs the problem is probably you. If xmog is your driving force what does it matter, it gives you something to work towards.
    Epic gear? Its xmog, its not about stats. 3/10 isnt >my< problem, its generally a problem with the battlegroup, but sure, yeah 3/10 is piss poor, but not even thats relevant since I only got 1/3. Did you even read the op?

Deleted
    Here's the thing though; I'm after transmog, not current gear.
    Here's the thing; you'll have to work for it. It's purely cosmetic, optional, so not necessary at all.

That really doesnt make any sense. First of all there is a level limit involved, 2nd; previous honor points was made into gold, not honor tokens, lastly, I 've leveled these characters after the revamp.

Please get at least a clue about the topic before wasting time with a useless reply.

- - - Updated - - -

Epic gear? Its xmog, its not about stats. 3/10 isnt >my< problem, its generally a problem with the battlegroup, but sure, yeah 3/10 is piss poor, but not even thats relevant since I only got 1/3. Did you even read the op?
    pretty toxic op lol. he was telling you could farm the tokens after the honor conversion, stop being a rude prick.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdubwo View Post
    pretty toxic op lol. he was telling you could farm the tokens after the honor conversion, stop being a rude prick.
    Which is incorrect, because thats what im doing and its not working. Again with the useless posts, get your facts together.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SexyManipulator View Post
    Here's the thing; you'll have to work for it. It's purely cosmetic, optional, so not necessary at all.
    So? Doesnt change the fact that the system is worthless.

Good thing you don't need the old transmog gear. Why didn't you get it when it was "easier"? It's better you need to work for some transmogs, damn kids these days want everything just given to them on a silver platter. Inb4 "system is worthless", it seems to be only your opinion shared by no one.