Poll: Why did Varian get a memorial while Vol'jin didn't?

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    more alliance bias

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    You think Genn is going to get control of the Alliance? XD
    if youre implying anduin is going to take up the mantle of "high king" then ill XD right back at you. all this talk of genn and jaina turning bad, what about anduin and wrathion?? and hes a priest? and we probably have a void expansion already in the making?????!?!?!???

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    I've seen some pretty shit head cannons from this site.. but you sir take the cake. I'll leave you to your less than entertaining thoughts.
    horde suckz
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    if youre implying anduin is going to take up the mantle of "high king" then ill XD right back at you. all this talk of genn and jaina turning bad, what about anduin and wrathion?? and hes a priest? and we probably have a void expansion already in the making?????!?!?!???

- - - Updated - - -

horde suckz
    Somebody apparently isn't in the beta. =P It's pretty clear both from out of game additional material and Varian's funeral scene that Anduin is picking up the mantle. You can't get around that with headcanon.

What is this? Memorial?

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Somebody apparently isn't in the beta. =P It's pretty clear both from out of game additional material and Varian's funeral scene that Anduin is picking up the mantle. You can't get around that with headcanon.
    the mantle of SW. not necessarily the alliance...i guess youre in the beta for a couple patches from now huh

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Oh, man. Alliance fanboys are the best. So Genn is gonna be the badass that he was when his son took an arrow for him? Cause he was real tough then, y'know. Just like he was real tough watching his King die, too. Let me guess, though, that was a tactical retreat? And Jaina has never done anything about her hatred for the Horde, and she never will. She's had several chances.

The coolest Alliance lore character was Arthas, and we killed him.
    Arthas was aight.

Yes, watching his son die for him would harden his heart.

Varian was his commander, not really his king. Commanders die.

And yes, he was tactically retreating per his commanders orders.

Genn seems pretty tough to me, a lot tougher than Garrosh "I miss my daddy" Hellscream and Thrall with his dumb ass hoodie.

Voljin was a cool dude though, but after we beat Garrosh and Varian gives his speech to the horde he gives us that shitty little "meesa doosa whatsa i wantsa cuz ima voooodoooo" face. Should've dropped his ass where he stood for that one. And the rest of them for that matter, except Gallywix. There's hope for him.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

The answer is simple- they simply forgot/ don't care.

Trolls have a rich culture, and everything Blizz could've screw up with them Blizzard screwed.

First of all trolls don't creamte their dead, they mummify them and then place them in catacombs/ sand filled basket.

Secondly Vol'Jin was the cheiftain of Darkspear tribe, and it should be the Darkspears that should take care of his remains and NOT Sylvanas. It's as if Tauren would let Goblins take care of Kodo Graveyard.

Vol'Jin deffinietly deserved a memorial- even if that would be just a tablet on Echo Isles similar to Zul'Farrak ones.

Seeing how badly Vol'Jin was handled and that they basicly had to conveniently forget about all his previous development in order to kill him leaves me no doubt that Blizzard never cared for trolls anyway.

We have to face it, we're the bastard children of this universe, no justive is ever given to trolls even if they deserve it.

I'm not sure why Blizzard even keeps them in game, why not delete them at his point and call it a day? Because essentially this is what Blizzard did with Broken shore, they took away the only promient character they had for no reason, and they butchered everything that identifies this race in the process.

I still feel stick to my stomach at the thought of it, and I so much wanted to see a proper Darkspear development. Instead we received regression, we're in worse stange than in vanilla where trolls were merely afterthought.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valnoressa View Post
    Because they're different cultures. One is a kingdom of order and stone.
    The other is a bunch of savages in spiked mudhuts. They treat their fallen differently.

One honors with statues and memorials, the other shouts really loud and beats their chests.
    This.

I wish the comments would have a "like" button.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post

I would agree on further reflection that the Horde does not have a history of monuments like the one for Varian,
    No, they just name cities after their greats.

Deleted
    What you're all conveniently forgetting is that Stormwind has had a giant flaming crater instead of a Park District for six years. Six years. It needed to be fixed.
    Last edited by mmoce9fe1e7ffd; 2016-09-01 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    the mantle of SW. not necessarily the alliance...i guess youre in the beta for a couple patches from now huh

- - - Updated - - -

Arthas was aight.

Yes, watching his son die for him would harden his heart.

Varian was his commander, not really his king. Commanders die.

And yes, he was tactically retreating per his commanders orders.

Genn seems pretty tough to me, a lot tougher than Garrosh "I miss my daddy" Hellscream and Thrall with his dumb ass hoodie.

Voljin was a cool dude though, but after we beat Garrosh and Varian gives his speech to the horde he gives us that shitty little "meesa doosa whatsa i wantsa cuz ima voooodoooo" face. Should've dropped his ass where he stood for that one. And the rest of them for that matter, except Gallywix. There's hope for him.
    Well considering Genn is following orders from Anduin in the Stormheim intro....not exactly a good sign of him usurping Anduin.