Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    I disagree about Holy Paladins being greatly designed in WotLK. Sure, you were quite powerful during the expansion, but it was practically a 3 buttons healing class where most of the rotation you spammed the same spell over and over and over and over... Again. Not to mention how ridiculously easy mana management was thanks to Divine Plea.

Cataclysm Holy Paladin was far better because there were at least more button options for healing to press other than going for a Holy Light spam build or a Flash of Light spam build and using Holy Shock like in WotLK.
    well, I never said it was greatly 'designed'. In pve it was fairly easy, sure. 70% of the time it was whack-a-mole with the healbot. It was fun to play though. It made sense and you felt powerful. Aura mastery was a powerful raid cooldown, as was divine sacrifice and hand of sacrifice, and using them properly could make a big difference between average joe and a skilled player. Not just 3 buttons.

Edit: And Hand of...Something. Can't remember the name. Reduced threat by 2% every second for 10 seconds. Having to keep an eye on threat meter and tone down some peoples threat while allowing them to keep going ham. (cuz it was possible for tanks to lose aggro back then) Or stop one tank overaggroing the other shortly after a necessitated switch. Stuff like that felt good.

Divine plea reduced your healing output by 50% for 15 seconds, in a progression fight that's quite a long time to be not doing much, couldn't use it totally mindlessly.

Like I said, it was fun. I don't think more buttons = more fun necessarily, and I wouldn't use that as my way of measuring it. I hated paladin after wrath because of the introduction of holy power, and stupid amounts of RNG that could affect your healing throughput (think they toned it down a bit after cata but when I was playing it, it felt horrible.) I tried my paladin the other day and I just don't get it. I don't think theres anything wrong with something being simple yer powerful. It just feels unsatisfying now.
    Last edited by Swizzington; 2016-09-01 at 02:21 PM.

As of right now, not much. I kind of miss finding weapons, of all the gear, finding a weapon upgrade was the best feeling. I miss the Wrath design where you knew where to go for either BiS or damn close to it, but this is a small complaint because the artifact does address something I haven't liked for a while.
    I like that off-specs are gimped this time around.
    Although along with that, leveling alts may not be as fun. Although who knows because you'll have a whole new set of class/profession missions to do as well.

So far my big problem has been with the story (can't stand being Khadgar's errand boy and yes-man...I kind of want to slap him in his smug, useless face).

The ability prune. I still think it is the worst thing that ever happened to this game, even worse than the ptw.

i factiontransed horde on a mostly alliance pvp server to play with friends via cross-server on another. i almost never see any other horde players and constantly get ganked by players many levels higher then me or groups because of the scaling and having a really busy work week right now so im behind. this is getting really bothersom when i only get to play during peekhours and getting ganked so much without a chance to ever fight back

Casual PvP will be a big weak point, since decent PvP rewards are now all behind ratings requirements, an approach that has been proven to fail.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, weak points would have to be quest creativity.

I noticed the majority of the quest are just "Kill (X) X amount of times"
    Seems with WoD and MoP, the quest had a little more creativity.
    Selling myself out below

Quote Originally Posted by djar View Post
    What if you don't like having addons for such simple things. It's like what they did with the character stats page, now you need to an addon to see basic things like armor, attack power, attack speed, mount speed, etc. They also removed a bunch of "too advanced" settings from the interface options and now you need an addon or use the scripts to get those options back. What's the point? I don't want to have 1000 addons. Just give us the options to have an "advanced" character page, or an option to hide/show the bar etc.
    Or you could just solve your problem by using 1 more addon but then you wouldn't have anything to bitch about and what fun is that?

quests with dudes that follow you but cant go invisible when you do....

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Leatherworking quest for the mount. Seriously, you think I want to follow something around for 30 minutes. You're out of your god damn mind...

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    The ability prune. I still think it is the worst thing that ever happened to this game, even worse than the ptw.
    What p2w are you going on about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    Kek.

Look, even if you consider ridiculous direct benefits such as free Flasks Food Enchants and starting out in the currently highest ilvl 850 crafted gear/Dalaran Ring @101 as "not pay to win because it is possible to grind them out in-game", what do you say to boosts of Guilds who provide anything including Mythic Raid Titanforged Loot & Mounts for the right gold sum?

Warcraft is still a great game but from a min-maxer's perspective it is hard justifying playing it while working real life grants acquisition of the best benefits.
    I'd say time is money. Gold doesn't come from nowhere. Either put effort or don't.

It's the same as buying profession items from the Auction House, or buying player services such as ports. You either work on the profession or buy the crafts and mats.

Self-play has never been illegal in the game, botting has and will always be against their terms.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2016-09-01 at 03:30 PM.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have noticed there are a lot of cave or indoor little quest areas and it is super annoying not being able to mount.

Deleted
    The questing experience ranges from good WoD quality (Valshara, parts of Aszuna) to pretty awful segments in particular in Highmountain and Suramar.

The pruning was real, and no 110 does not "make pruning make sense", this was a complete myth pushed forth by apologists. You have gained almost no new abilities other than your artifact cooldown. As such these characters feel lesser versions of the ones in previous expansions. The artifact weapon does not mask this. Yeah you might have Ashbringer, but you were a far more potent Paladin in say WoD or MoP when you wielded a generic green item with STR and STA.

This fact is even more compounding in regards to how mobs scale with the player, meaning you never feel like you advance your character. You feel as weak as when you were 100 and started Legion. The scaling makes the world feel more "gamey", as it lacks a solid foundation where you can say X mob has Y health.

"1000 plus quests!!!" is a meme at this point. The world quests are drab and boring, and dare i say, even worse than the Bounties in D3. In D3 the gameplay is much faster and direct. In Legion you can be swimming in Suramar trying to find pylons to finish some world daily - its simply not fun. I am in my third day as a 110 and i am already tired of them.

WoD felt amazing after less than a week of gameplay, even almost for a month. But fell appart in spectacular fashion afterwords. I hope Legion is the oppossite and picks up. Sadly i really doubt that, i think for every good idea, they inserted 3 bad ones.
    Last edited by mmoc801388ae7f; 2016-09-01 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Nothing is wrong with Legion. People are people and you can't please everyone, so threads like this flourish with personal gripes about tiny nuances that their brain finds inconvenient or unsavory. Some problems are legit, and I think most of those find their way to "Blue" responses. Asking on MMO-C what Legion's weaknesses are is going to overload you with a lot of post-WoD WoW-hatin'.

It's a great expansion. Smooth launch, interesting content, and no garrisons.
    If a person wants to find something they dislike they will, and they will blame that thing up and down as to being the reason why they quit, but the truth is they personally burned out and needed a reason to quit that their brains could comprehend so they start sniffing around for something to hate.

It is the neighbor who wants to complain about dogs shitting in their yard so they go looking for dog shit to step in even if they have to drop trow and shit in their own yard to step in it and go around showing it to everyone to prove they were right.

Those fucking harpys that wont shut up.
    I'ts not just safe, it's 40% safe.

Quote Originally Posted by vrsick View Post
    I have noticed there are a lot of cave or indoor little quest areas and it is super annoying not being able to mount.
    You had to walk? *shivers in terror* "Say it isn't so!" Meanwhile.... in real world Africa...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyajna View Post
    I despite that I can't apply Illusions to my Artifact Weapon. Just don't understand it. I accepted using a weapon type that I don't like, and just figured out that I can't put illusions on them (I thought it was a glitch..)

I just don't get it. Why? All these Illusions were added to the game, the new illustion system, we only get ONE weapon this x-pack...and we can't use them. I put in a lot of effort to collect them, why can't I use them unless I x-mog my artifact away? :\

So this probably won't bug a lot of people, and it's certainly not something that will effect your gameplay, but it's still a REALLY annoy decision to me.
    WHAT? You can't put illusions on your artifact weapons? NOOO.......

Deleted
    id say legions weak point is the WoD-whiners that lacked the balls to move on with their life and quit this game when it was their time.

for the rest im havinga ton of fun with this xpac so far

Quests are incredibly basic
    I've done 2 dungeons so far Black rook hold and Neltharions Lair...both were incredibly basic and boring

Did not enjoy the invisible walls in Val sharah...it's an MMO...if i don't want to stay on the path i shouldn't be forced too.

Druids seem gutted
    Rotation seems basic

Stormheim soundtrack has the exact same soundtrack as Howling Fjord in WOTLK...Kind've pathetic that they just copied and pasta.
    Lots of caves n shit

Random loot boxes that don't really give anything special...just there for....just random reasons?
    Game doesn't feel like an MMO....it feels like it's trying too hard to keep you online instead of just allowing you to get lost in the world.

Why are there "apexis" style daily quests again? Fill up 100% of the bar? Why do that? It's not fun nor exciting it's literally just mindlessly killing mobs?

Pruning destroyed my class completely
    Don't like how their are still "elements" of garrisons
    I don't like collecting order hall resources or any of that shit
    Artifact power just feels like a facebook game that your slowly just grinding your artifact to be stronger...

Feels more like a single player RPG that is trying insanely hard to keep you playing instead of just allowing you to get lost into the world of an MMO. Sadly those days are gone. RiP older expansions.

The game in general just seems to lack quality in comparison to Wotlk/BC. Zones just seem incredibly basic if you compare them with Storm peaks...Icecrown...Grizzly hills etc.

Clear example...when you run into Storm peaks from Crystalsong forest your literally going up a hill...With highmountain you just fly up there...theres no massive incline that you can run up that gives you that sense of how high up you are...or atleast the mountain sense.

Kun Lai summit did it very well too...The zone was built of an incline instead of just flat.

Rare mobs....why even call them rare? It's just a loot pinyata? Remember the days when if you actually saw a rare spawn with a silver dragon around it...you actually knew something good was going to drop from it? I feel no sense of achievement or excitement when i see rare spawns everywhere because they are everywhere..
    Last edited by Jensxo; 2016-09-01 at 04:11 PM.