Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are, what, 4 billion women on this planet? Pretty sure there are those who do and those who don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

All Women like metro-effeminate men, in the same way that all men like sub-size zero models.

ie. The media makes to like a huge thing about it, but if we're all honest, a little boob and ass is always a plus.

Same with women. Most like a man who's manly and, despite what feminists will tell you, someone who'll take charge and control.

TBH though, I'd wager that charisma and success/achievement will be far more important than how "manly" you are anyway.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    Your sarcasm is also one of the most admirable things that I've read today.
    I'm happy that you read my sarcastic post with the levity in which it was intended to be read; rather than a SJW post. To be more on topic though, with questions like these I always wonder if there really is any hope for an answer that is meaningful. Consider, if you would:

• A person may have a declared preference for A over B
    • A person may still choose B because of characteristics that override the A over B preference
    • A person's preference for A over B may change over time

For example, when I consider my ideal man, I picture someone with a swimmer physique, a decent amount of body hair, strong arms and a clear jawline and smoldering eyes. Toss in some tattoos, the ability to affect home repairs without killing himself, and a bit of "damaged but I can fix him" and I'm already picking out the font for our embroidered towels.

... and yet, I married a man without a swimmer physique, with very little body hair, who will scream if he sees a mouse and is as likely to cause more damage affecting home repairs as he is to actually fix the problem. While there is some overlap with my professed ideal, the overlap is at a minimum. In other words; he is more dissimilar to my ideal than similar.

That's the problem with ideals... they are rarely based in reality; even the reality of what your actual desires might be.

Deleted
    I am offended as a scientist in woman/men relationships. My gosh, so much bullshit - I consider leaving this place from time to time. I guess more people, more noise?

I don't want to sound like a douche, but why don't you just open a book and read about what science says about attraction?

I'm here telling you to man up and go do some fucking research - every single of you.

Here is the quick sum of what SCIENCE says about "manly men":

Ronaldo is not a man at home and doenst look like one. You would NOT consider him manly on the street. Ronaldo is a man, when he represents his hard work on the field. He presents this personality, that would train 1 hour before the rest of the team and go as the last guy when the training is over. He would do this, for only one purpose - to become the best. And all that HARD WORK paid off(in fact, people like him would sacrifice anything for thier passion). This is actually how he made it to top and this is why people(both men and woman)like him.

Orlando Bloom is not a man at home. He is manly, because he can take the role of characters in famous movies. That means he has been working really HARD to get there.

These guys(just like many others)without hard work, they would be nothing more than a regular guy(you would not even notice thier appreance).

See the pattern? It's NOT ABOUT appearance. It's all your attitude towards life and do that your job to the limits. Granted - some professions are more "masculine"(gamer vs. MMA fighter fx.)but it's all about being goal oriented.

What woman wants from manly man? Simple. They don't want to be your mama. They want to be your biggest supporter, while you work your ass off(and that is how it's supposed to be).
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2016-09-01 at 04:15 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    They probably like the confidence that comes with manly men.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Things that don't actually exist: "alpha males" and "beta males."

Your med school girlfriend doesn't meet the qualification I set out in my post. She's not the first med school student, or graduate, to have that distinction.
    I think it exists. I just think that a lot of guys hide behind the 'alpha' cover as justification for being dickheads or trying to throw their weight around after a few Zimas (or whatever the kids are drinking these days).

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    They probably like the confidence that comes with manly men.
    Some of the most insecure little bitches I know in real life are (trying to be) those "manly" guys. Don't even get me started on the need of some internet users to constantly call other people silly names like cucks and stuff. :P

Deleted
    And some other person mentions, why male models is without beard and that must be what woman wants?

Beauty and masculine energy can NOT go hand in hand(it is PROVEN). Male models are competing in beauty with woman(who are gifted by nature), HOW IN GODS NAME IS THAT MANLY? They are pretty yes, but they must get rid of masculine expression.

Name me 1 male model considered more sexy(aka manly)than movie actors, sports people and singers(who wouldnt make it as models).

Please make sense.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2016-09-01 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I don't date animated characters... I have a real person as a partner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    The link between "masculinity" and "being an asshole" is destroying men across the western world.

This right here. Most of the men I've met who openly identify as "alpha" are some of the most thin-skinned people alive.
    And more often than not, they are just assholes, plain and simple. Not manly alphas or anything, just douches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    See the pattern? It's NOT ABOUT appearance. It's all your attitude towards life and do that your job to the limits. Granted - some professions are more "masculine"(gamer vs. MMA fighter fx.)but it's all about being goal oriented.

What woman wants from manly man? Simple. They don't want to be your mama. They want to be your biggest supporter, while you work your ass off(and that is how it's supposed to be).
    There's no "supposed to be" when dealing with emotions. Everyone is different. I know plenty of women who specifically look for appearance before anything else. I also know a handful of married couples where the woman is working her ass off while the man is supporting and taking care of the children. Life is complex, and human emotions are even more so.

Deleted
    This right here. Most of the men I've met who openly identify as "alpha" are some of the most thin-skinned people alive.

There's certainly people with leadership qualities and who conduct themselves in, for better or worse, a more commanding way. That doesn't make them "alpha," though if the term were appropriated in a more suitable way I don't think I'd complain too much.
    I think most people mix up having a leading personality and a charismatic aura with having a hairy chest and a beard.
    Confidence doesn't come with specific look. One of the nerdiest client I had the pleasure to work for had zero "alpha male" physical characteristics, yet he had BALLS by the tons, confidence and had a team of around 200 people under him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never met anyone who would identify as "alpha". Most people understand that "alpha/beta" is a nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    I came here hoping (and wishing if I am honest) to find some funny comments.. and I did.. like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    They prefer goddamn sexual tyrranosaurus, just like me.
    Then I start to read comments about Alpha males and Beta males.. I have to reevaluate my life.. Why on earth do I come onto General Off-Topic on MMO Champion to read this pish?
    I could do this on Reddit..
    Last edited by mmoc157e395081; 2016-09-01 at 05:59 PM.

Some do, some don't. Much like men, every woman has different tastes. Crazy, I know, but they're human like you or me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae
    Do guys like bimbos?
    I love Bimbos! There are days that I just have to have 'em!

With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I prefer manly men. However, on these forums, manly seems to refer to a guy that's an asshole.

That's not what I like. I like a guy that fits the definition more, both physically (doesn't have to be huge) and personality wise:

- Having or denoting those good qualities traditionally associated with men, such as courage and strength.
    brave, courageous, bold, valiant, valorous, fearless, plucky, macho, manful, intrepid, daring, heroic, lionhearted, gallant, chivalrous, swashbuckling, adventurous, stouthearted, dauntless, doughty, resolute, determined, stalwart.

- (of an activity) befitting a man, especially in a traditional sense. Virile, masculine, strong, muscular, muscly, strapping, well built, sturdy, robust, rugged, tough, powerful, brawny, heavily built, vigorous.

- - - Updated - - -

Best quote in the whole movie.
    This poster image is from the 20s or 30s, really exemplifies what you said:

The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

The best definition for "what defines a man" I've heard is "A man takes responsibility for his actions."

Yeah, 'girls' may play around with boys, and find themselves arrested and knocked up...

but I'd like to think that most (respectable) women who are accountable for their own actions, expect their men to be the same.

Of course... some women like a fixer upper too.

Different strokes for different folks.