Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure it's illegal to discharge a firearm into the air on the count of your privacy being violated.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by abracmike View Post
    Well, I'm not sure how we'd otherwise sedate the drone...
    EMP!

duuuuhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray View Post
    "most"

Case closed.
    it should be all who own guns have intention of killing people if America becomes tyrannical gov... which is the point of the second amendment

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Pretty sure it's illegal to discharge a firearm into the air on the count of your privacy being violated.
    It's been ruled on: http://www.cnet.com/news/judge-rules...ver-his-house/

That guy shot a drone down and his charges were dropped. Different state, so this will still have to go to court, but there's precedent for it at this point.

Here's the justification:

-Invasion of privacy because drones often have cameras.

-Self defense and defense of property because a drone can cause life threatening injuries if it hits a person or start a fire if it hits a house.

I'd shoot the fkin thing down too.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post

That guy shot a drone down and his charges were dropped. Different state, so this will still have to go to court, but there's precedent for it at this point.
    Yeah, but at some point one of these shots is going to hit something else. Then we will have some dumb shit crying because he didn't consider the fact that you are always responsible for every shot you fire even if you were within your rights to shoot.

10+ Year Old Account

A judge may have dropped the charges, but I still don't see how it's legal. Although reckless discharge varies from state to state.

If that man fired his weapon in the air, and the projectile ended up hitting someone, would he be charged with a crime? I would think so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    -Self defense and defense of property because a drone can cause life threatening injuries if it hits a person or start a fire if it hits a house.
    So if someone drives their car into my driveway by accident, can I legally shoot at the vehicle?

After all, a vehicle can cause life threatening injuries if it hits a person, or start a fire, if it hits my house.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray View Post
    "most"

Case closed.
    Yeah, the military and police generally own them with the intent to use them against humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    "I like to shoot and I like to kill"

Yeah, people like that surely should have guns. I'm sure some gun nut would like to explain again how they aren't drooling and waiting for a chance to kill someone with flimsy excuse.
    maybe if they called gun culture a religion of peace you'd feel better about it
    lol

10+ Year Old Account
    How many can you fly?

Bad comparison.

Knives were made to be used as utility tool.
    Cars were made for transportation.
    Dogs are used as pets.

Ready for the last one? Guns were made for the purpose of killing.
    Guns are made for the purpose of accelerating a projectile, or cluster of projectiles, in a predictable manner. What the desired end point of said projectile is is up to the individual holding the gun.

I'm sure if she's charged for it, this is how it will play out in court. The last case of a drone shot down over private property went the way of the shooter, I'd expect that this will, too.
    Yeah, like this guy.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/30354128/j...hot-down-drone

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Guns are made for the purpose of accelerating a projectile, or cluster of projectiles, in a predictable manner. What the desired end point of said projectile is is up to the individual holding the gun.
    If you want to get wise ass about it, then ok. The barrel is designed for that, not the entire gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by HavelTheRock View Post
    Funnily enough most people who own guns don't own them with the intention of killing people.
    Linadra probably bases all of their prejudices on the stereotypes they meet.
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

if someone drives their car into my driveway by accident, can I legally shoot at the vehicle?

After all, a vehicle can cause life threatening injuries if it hits a person, or start a fire, if it hits my house.
    Heh, I don't know why don't you try it and report back to us?

When the cops come deny everything. Deny you used a gun or knew about a gun being fired and deny the gun was classified, err I mean unregistered. Oh and make it clear you didn't "intend" to shoot anyone. You should get off easily since the same rules apply to everyone.

Haha sorry I had nowhere else to go with this because the comparison is just so silly I had to crack a joke.

Now if we wanted to make it work we'd have to pose that this driver kept driving through your house as opposed to just stopping and backing out as most in that situation would.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to get wise ass about it, then ok. The barrel is designed for that, not the entire gun.
    The entire gun is needed for the predictability part. Shows how little you actually know about them.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Heh, I don't know why don't you try it and report back to us?

When the cops come deny everything. Deny you used a gun or knew about a gun being fired and deny the gun was classified, err I mean unregistered. Oh and make it clear you didn't "intend" to shoot anyone. You should get off easily since the same rules apply to everyone.

Haha sorry I had nowhere else to go with this because the comparison is just so silly I had to crack a joke.

Now if we wanted to make it work we'd have to pose that this driver kept driving through your house as opposed to just stopping and backing out as most in that situation would.
    No, sorry, the comparison is valid. You see a car pull into your driveway. You have no idea what their intentions are. They sit there for a minute. You feel your privacy is violated. Maybe they're looking through your windows. So you shoot the vehicle.

A vehicle can harm you. A drone can harm you. A vehicle has an operator. A drone has an operator.

Why can't I legally shoot the vehicle if I feel the operator is violating my privacy?
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Yeah, but at some point one of these shots is going to hit something else. Then we will have some dumb shit crying because he didn't consider the fact that you are always responsible for every shot you fire even if you were within your rights to shoot.
    Shotgun bird-shot pellets falling from a ballistic trajectory are pretty much harmless.

- - - Updated - - -

No, sorry, the comparison is valid. You see a car pull into your driveway. You have no idea what their intentions are. They sit there for a minute. You feel your privacy is violated. Maybe they're looking through your windows. So you shoot the vehicle.

A vehicle can harm you. A drone can harm you. A vehicle has an operator. A drone has an operator.

Why can't I legally shoot the vehicle if I feel the operator is violating my privacy?
    Vehicle is occupied, drone is not. Vehicle generally requires flat trajectory, drone does not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vehicle is occupied, drone is not. Vehicle generally requires flat trajectory, drone does not.
    I'm not sure that I follow? Does that mean the comparison isn't valid?

Because I think it's quite valid.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    She is a good shot, it seems!
    Church, cleaning guns and shooting. Lets make America great again!

The entire gun is needed for the predictability part. Shows how little you actually know about them.....
    You can design it completely differently, if the only purpose was what you mentioned. But it's not the only purpose, now is it?

It's not very efficient killing tool, if it was very hard to handle and operate in general. Shows what little you know. If you want to play smart, then atleast try to be right. To do what you mentioned, you need the barrel with bullet in it's breech, then something to seal the breech with, something to strike the end of the bullet with (firing pin) and last something to hit that firing pin with. A rock can do that.

Will it be useless if designed with only those parts? Yes. Will it do what you mentioned? Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.