Page 1 of 2
LastLast

OP or just easy?

Okay so this has happened twice to me. As vengance i went into first dungeon the one in val about 1/4 way thru my group dc(they was all same server) so i decide what the heck im going to try to solo this stuff. well i solo'd all the way to last boss before they come back. bosses and even trash pulls of 5-6 mobs. okay so went into another dungeon told healer to not heal me and he was like uh okay so healer besides an occasional aoe heal never touched me. Are we just that so damn OP that we dont need a healer for normal dungeons or are the instances on normal that damn easy? Thanks for the responses just made me feel good soloing most of the first instance with noone else.

You've always been able to solo normal (and heroic) dungeons of the same level as a self-healing tank spec, incoming damage there is very low. Not that this takes away from the feeling of doing that, which is always fun ^^

Thats kinda what i thought but even back on my brewmaster monk i was never able to do what i have in dungeons to this extent on my dh during the entire solo time i never once dropped below 50% hp. it was ALOT of fun and i was like yes this feels awesome lol

I Tought the same yesterday, Tanked my first dungeon as vengeance at lvl.102. Only got lower than 50% twice. Was extremely easy.
    It was the Azshara dungeon.

However, i remember that tanking was just as easy when i was leveling a Brewmaster Back in MoP. So maybe it will get harder at 110.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

Quote Originally Posted by DeuZWw View Post
    I Tought the same yesterday, Tanked my first dungeon as vengeance at lvl.102. Only got lower than 50% twice. Was extremely easy.
    It was the Azshara dungeon.

However, i remember that tanking was just as easy when i was leveling a Brewmaster Back in MoP. So maybe it will get harder at 110.
    It doesn't. At 110 and ilvl 820 in heroics I'm averaging 150k DPS and 125k HPS. I'm often beating both DPS and Heals on AoE/ST (AoE DPS averages 400-500k). And if I get low, I just use my AoE/DPS heal, or turn into a demon.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

Normals and Heroics lol, any decent tank can ez mode them. Real dungeons come out in 3 weeks, lets talk again then.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Normals and Heroics lol, any decent tank can ez mode them. Real dungeons come out in 3 weeks, lets talk again then.
    noone asked for smartass comments. I just wish even normal dungeons had some difficulty to them. they are boring

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    So, are you saying that all Tanks are having high DPs and HPs right now? even equal or more to top dps/heals on dungeons?
    Due to comment seeming a little "smartass" i'm not sure if you are talking from experience or just randomly using words.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

Quote Originally Posted by DeuZWw View Post
    So, are you saying that all Tanks are having high DPs and HPs right now? even equal or more to top dps/heals on dungeons?
    Due to comment seeming a little "smartass" i'm not sure if you are talking from experience or just randomly using words.
    Nope, that means the DPS you were partied with are bad. DH Vengeance has somewhat strong AoE, poor ST damage. Any decent DPS with some sort of reliable AoE outdpses a tank in pulls.

If as a DPS you're behind a tank in a boss fight you're just bad.

at this stage of the game, it's still too early to tell.

Most any competent tank can pull what looks like decent numbers on early leveling content and normal dungeons. Blood DKs still can despite their nerfs. It's not until you get into progression content like later Mythic+ Dungeons that you'll really start feeling the cracks.

Ignore normal dungeons especially when leveling. Ilvl has huge impact on your dmg and scaling for some classes seems a bit off. As said above incoming dmg is no where close to heroics let alone Mythics so you will be able to sustain yourself without healer. They should not make normal dungeons harder. Its trivial content just when you are leveling and everyone has diferent ilvl. Wait until mythic. You are kind of healing tank similar (but not same) as DK so you could actually have problems in Mythic+ compared to warriors / paladins as they have quite a few things to reduce incoming dmg. More often than you.

Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    Okay so this has happened twice to me. As vengance i went into first dungeon the one in val about 1/4 way thru my group dc(they was all same server) so i decide what the heck im going to try to solo this stuff. well i solo'd all the way to last boss before they come back. bosses and even trash pulls of 5-6 mobs. okay so went into another dungeon told healer to not heal me and he was like uh okay so healer besides an occasional aoe heal never touched me. Are we just that so damn OP that we dont need a healer for normal dungeons or are the instances on normal that damn easy? Thanks for the responses just made me feel good soloing most of the first instance with noone else.
    At what level did you do this? IF i remember correctly, Blizz stated that DHs have stats boost up to lvl104 since they are missing talents. Once you hit lvl104 that boost is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    You've always been able to solo normal (and heroic) dungeons of the same level as a self-healing tank spec, incoming damage there is very low. Not that this takes away from the feeling of doing that, which is always fun ^^
    LOL no, I can remember when the first trash pack of shattered halls in TBC, or stonecore in cata, would destroy a well geared tank without getting heals.

Tanking is just easy now, more than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    LOL no, I can remember when the first trash pack of shattered halls in TBC, or stonecore in cata, would destroy a well geared tank without getting heals.

The difficulty for normal and heroics were drastically reduced because of the scaling difficulty of Mythic+. The base line had to be set lower so that the scaling had plenty of room to go up.

I can promise promise promise you, that tanking is NOT easy in mythic+. You won't be able to solo mythic either. I felt exactly the same as the OP at first, it WILL get more difficult if you decide to take on those challenges, if not you can enjoy being super OP

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post

There were DKs soloing Stonecore in cata shortly after it came out. Well geared DKs were soloing multiple bosses in there at once, and by well geared I mean T11 geared.

As for TBC, well, tanking as a whole was drastically different then and you mostly kept threat and played bejeweled otherwise - there was definitely no concept of tank self sustainability. The game has moved on since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    The difficulty for normal and heroics were drastically reduced because of the scaling difficulty of Mythic+. The base line had to be set lower so that the scaling had plenty of room to go up.

I can promise promise promise you, that tanking is NOT easy in mythic+. You won't be able to solo mythic either. I felt exactly the same as the OP at first, it WILL get more difficult if you decide to take on those challenges, if not you can enjoy being super OP
    mythics are actually easier than i thought >< been a few bosses that i have solo'd for about the last 20% by myself because people are stupid and standing in stuff.

mythics are actually easier than i thought >< been a few bosses that i have solo'd for about the last 20% by myself because people are stupid and standing in stuff.
    I can certainly do quite a lot of content on my own as well. Though soloing a full mythic is a bit out of the question, at least for me. Mythic +, lol not until we are terribly overgeared, even then the increasing difficulty WILL put a stop that eventually.

7+ Year Old Account
    noone asked for smartass comments. I just wish even normal dungeons had some difficulty to them. they are boring
    ...that's literally the point of harder difficulties.

To, you know, be more difficult.
    disco inferno

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    I can certainly do quite a lot of content on my own as well. Though soloing a full mythic is a bit out of the question, at least for me. Mythic +, lol not until we are terribly overgeared, even then the increasing difficulty WILL put a stop that eventually.
    yeah full idk about either lol. i have went and cleared trash without a healer. i think the healer is more there for clutch situations and healing the other people in the party. my healers are more focused on healing other people than me unless it is huge trash pulls.bosses even tho they hit hard i dont need much healing as i can get right back up pretty easy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vulena View Post
    ...that's literally the point of harder difficulties.

To, you know, be more difficult.
    i am even finding mythics boring >< cant wait for mythic + dungeons i want some difficulty damnit..

Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    If as a DPS you're behind a tank in a boss fight you're just bad.
    or a warlock.

I parked my itlv 840 warlock and started leveling a vengeance demon hunter yesterday. The demon hunter outdps my warlock as level 102. It actually made me quite angry realising how unbalanced things are, but what can you do - better just go with the flow.
    Last edited by Morgan Pain; 2016-09-13 at 06:48 AM.