Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Demon possession are an instant out in China. IIRC ghost are a problem as well. Things like skeletons can't even be shown in many cases. China's wow skeletons were all changed to dirt piles if I remember correctly. (you should still be able to find that).

The People Republic of China have a rather strict list of things that will not fly in China and they can be quick to ban them even with the already limited amount of movies that are allowed to be released there per year. Knowing warcraft had to be released in China due to the fanatic crowd you can bet money was a factor in it getting changed from what most know.
    Yeah, I have heard the demon thing in China but so what?
    Lotr had demons and ghosts as well.
    I doubt they would change something so important in lore just for China.
    THe Demon blood is the reason the orcs can be seen as good in the first place.
    Becuase didnt do the invasion and slaughters out of their own volition but were corrupted and were under bloodlust.

With this out of the window, the sympathy factor kinda plummets and I am sure the writers know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Romano View Post
    Yeah, I have heard the demon thing in China but so what?
    Lotr had demons and ghosts as well.
    Like I said. Their picky. Possession is out. Monsters can be in if not consided demons in general. For LotR it was never called a demon. As for ghost it a bit weird as well.

I doubt they would change something so important in lore just for China.
    I very much disagree. It seems there already wiling to damn near change anything they want. Throe in the possibility of 100's of millions of dollar and well it wont even be thought about. No matter the changed to the actual story.

THe Demon blood is the reason the orcs can be seen as good in the first place.
    Becuase didnt do the invasion and slaughters out of their own volition but were corrupted and were under bloodlust.

With this out of the window, the sympathy factor kinda plummets and I am sure the writers know that.
    The demon blood and that whole encounter is pivotal to the entire orc existence in Azeroth. Very disappointed it was taken out. for this more generic we need food and water story. They put the blame on one orc. Gul'dan. Made him into something he really wasn't to pull that off. He was no leader at the time. So much changed to get this different opinion of orcs. I was a huge dislike for me as a fan. The redemption story we already had was better.

Like I said. Their picky. Possession is out. Monsters can be in if not consided demons in general. For LotR it was never called a demon. As for ghost it a bit weird as well.
    Nah, it was clearly called one : (1:20)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2fwe0rnHak

Quote Originally Posted by Romano View Post
    Nah, it was clearly called one : (1:20)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2fwe0rnHak
    Then like I said, There finicky. Demon alone isn't it. Possession on the other hand is a film killer for them.

Either way, I've got no doubt thats a lingering reason it's not in there. It had to be released in China for the money. Now, I don't blame all companies for trying to make money but I do care how they go about doing it in many cases. This is one I don't care for.

It's too huge a change to the orcs from the very start to redemption. I didn't care for it or jones version. Maybe someone else can later with a bit more clout and experience.

when did demon possession even happen?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

The demon blood and that whole encounter is pivotal to the entire orc existence in Azeroth. Very disappointed it was taken out. for this more generic we need food and water story. They put the blame on one orc. Gul'dan. Made him into something he really wasn't to pull that off. He was no leader at the time. So much changed to get this different opinion of orcs. I was a huge dislike for me as a fan. The redemption story we already had was better.
    I know you've been very critical about the Warcraft movie before it was even released. And I know for some reason you are acting ignorant to the demon aspect because I'm pretty sure you do know Mannoroth exists(and other demons) in the movie verse, and I'm hoping you just didn't black out when Medivh was possessed and transformed into a demon(avatar of Sargeras) at the end of the movie.

Actual demon blood drinking from Mannoroth was not revealed until Warcraft 3. They were likely waiting to show it at the same period in the movieverse.
    So why do you continue to ignore these things?
    Last edited by tangocash; 2016-09-01 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tangocash View Post
    SNIP,,,,
    So why do you continue to ignore these things?
    Ive seen it and I left unimpressed. I didn't think it held true to the story we know. Medivh and the fel was a cop out for the truth to make orcs look better off. Just trying to survive instead of that really happened.

Not really sure it needs a rehash at this point. Jones did a rather poor job at getting it across and weaving things together. I can't say I felt he got much right. Some good but too much not. I'd rather see someone more experienced give it go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by tangocash View Post
    I know you've been very critical about the Warcraft movie before it was even released.
    Actually, he started bitching about it by the times of the Comic-Con when the first avaliable footage was leaked.

Matters little how many pretentious arguments he come up with, the truth is that quras hated the very basis of this movie from the start. None of what could have been done would have pleased him unless you didn't scrap the concept entirely. Everything else has been little more than backtracking and a constant shift of arguments to justify his dislike. Nothing more, nothing less. Everyone who read his posts of the last year would know this fact and nothing of what he could say now can deny it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

So apparently Suicide Squad 2 is a GO, despite having only made $600m, when it needed $800m+ to break even

That said, they do plan on making the sequel with a lower budget...

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    So apparently Suicide Squad 2 is a GO, despite having only made $600m
    It is quite obvious the movie that made $650M has a better chances on a sequel than one that made just $220M.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Actually, he started bitching about it by the times of the Comic-Con when the first avaliable footage was leaked.
    SNIP...
    I followed it for along time hoping for something awesome and that just didn't happen. We dislike what we dislike and warcraft falls into that area for me, average at best. Jones didn't do it justice but there is always hope someone else will.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    It is quite obvious the movie that made $650M has a better chances on a sequel than one that made just $220M.
    Warcraft made $433m http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=warcraft.htm

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    SS didn't need $800M+ to break even.
    Yes it did. http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/...o-be-a-success

Currently Suicide Squad has made $640m, not enough to break even and yet it is getting a sequel. Oh and the film was doomed by critics.

Warcraft ended closer to break even than Suicide Squad did.
    Last edited by Tornwar; 2016-09-02 at 01:31 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    They've gutted the lore and gone back and forth on what is and isn't canon too much for me to care anymore. I'm still excited to learn where they take the story next but to me the movie only added to the confusion on wtf happened back then. If they could separate their movies from the marketing hype of coming expansions I think they could be really great on the level of LotR. But it's to much money to spend and to big an opportunity to pass up for them sadly. They're not taking chances on the player-base returning every expac. That's all i got from the movie as I only found it on par with a lot of other fantasy movies. Sad but true imo.

That's nice. I'm not going to go looking for them now, but that was debunked by multiple outlets. For the breakeven to be that high they'd have had to spend $200M+ on advertising. Adorable that people bought that load of BS though.
    You say $200m+ for advertising sounds ridiculous, yet you believe Universal and Legendary spend $110m with Warcraft? Come on now

I've got a source saying they needed to make $800m and they have not archived that.

Warcraft made $433m
    Squad was not released in China, which alone reports $210M boxoffice for Warcraft. Do the math...

- - - Updated - - -

Did you see the end of the movie?
    Well, it can be explained that he transformed on his own agency, not by possession.

10+ Year Old Account
    The two movies have the same production budget and you honestly think they spent 2x more on advertising for SS than they did on Warcraft which had one of the biggest campaigns in the history of movie advertising?

Mind, all reports have the advertising at a similar level to Warcraft. That means they have similar breakevens($500M), which this movie has cruised past.

Like I said, adorable.
    Where did you get that information from? Transformers had 150Million in 2007, so Warcraft has no where near the biggest campaign in history of advertising with it's ~110.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ruggles-721818
    According to this article numbers above 200m aren't that rare any more for blockbusters these days, so Warcrafts campaign was considerably small in comparison.
    And it's very likely that Suicide Squad did spend a lot more on advertising than Warcraft when you look at the actual marketing campaign they made.
    https://christhilk.com/2016/08/03/su...uad-marketing/
    So yeah. It's very plausible that SS did have an advertising budged beyond 200m.

Hell if I know. Maybe money world wide doesn't rush in but a trickle effect over many weeks when it comes to book keeping. So numbers for June techinically gets pushed to weeks later as actual income.

I just think it's a plausible theory when looking at it all and that something just doesn't add up on the Wanda end.
    No, Box office of month x is box office of month x and if you would have really read the article that caused you to come up with that "numbers aren't real!" BS you would have seen that it made a clear detachment between the weak box office numbers in July in china alone and the overall performance of the Warcraft movie which was added as an additional info for financial missteps of the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    What an idiot Jones is. The movie made just $165M worldwide, that is a flop. The only country it was popular in was China, that says tons about the quality.
    "What an idiot Christopher Nolan is. Batman: Begins did only 167 worldwide, that is a flop. The only country it was popular in was the US, that says tons about the quality."

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. Suicide Squad had the normal campaign. Warcraft had a top tier campaign, especially in China, and still flopped. Suicide Squad wouldn't be getting a sequel if it hadn't made a profit for WB.
    Where are your sources for that? Pulling things out of your arse again?

Deleted
    You say $200m+ for advertising sounds ridiculous, yet you believe Universal and Legendary spend $110m with Warcraft? Come on now

I've got a source saying they needed to make $800m and they have not archived that.
    Suicide Squads budget was 150-170m, including reshoots.

For the film to require 800 million to break even the marketting budget would have to be 600m+, which it wasn't, i'm not even going to debate that point, so if your going to come back with, "but the sources said", just don't bother.

Whats happened here is news outlets getting confused between what Warner Brothers will consider a success and what they won't.

BvS made money, made a lot of money, but its still considered a failure by WB because it didn't hit that magic 1b mark that Marvel movies keep hitting.
    Last edited by mmoc8116b97f51; 2016-09-02 at 05:34 PM.

Did you see the end of the movie?
    the only possessed one was medivh. which didnt work like a possession anyway. it was working like someone with schizophrenia or whatever that multiple personality disorder is.
    2 mind, 2 different memories, and 1 body.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    - - - Updated - - -
    Observational skills and reporting... https://www.thestreet.com/story/1364...e-muscles.html

If they'd spent $200M+ on marketing they wouldn't call it $100M+.
    So your main source is an article that has completely different numbers in term of budged as well?
    On top of its $250 million budget, Warner Brothers has spent more than $100 million marketing Suicide Squad
    And what kind of "Observational skills" are you talking about? Did you look out of the window and a Sparrows flight told you that?