Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Current Best Performing

Hi all,

Just a curiosity really as I haven't played on a serious level since mid-late MOP but was semi considering messing around with PVP in Legion just to kill time on a Weekend while I'm trying to stay away from the pubs for a few months.

What classes after all the rebuilds are currently doing well in PVP and which are downright awful? I doubt I will be using my main anymore as I will probably feel like a bit of a fresh start and maybe even swap faction to change scenery while I PVP. Start all counters/achis from 0 would be more compelling to me.

I know everyone should play what they enjoy, and I may well test a few classes but I really don't want to end up picking a PVP class which is already considered poor from the start. Also may end up using the 100 boost to save messing around.

I also understand 100-110 things will surely change...

Thank you

EDIT - was leaning towards DK as I always liked them previously and always wanted a Tauren
    Last edited by mmoc71c5112e9f; 2016-08-28 at 04:01 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellar View Post
    What stream is that from? Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by hellar View Post
    DK god tier? Enhance and Elemental R1 viable? Fire mage god tier--I'm guessing this list was before the fireball and DB nerfs.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warlockiii View Post
    DK god tier? Enhance and Elemental R1 viable? Fire mage god tier--I'm guessing this list was before the fireball and DB nerfs.
    Yeah, there's a few things that made me want to know who's stream it was.

Quote Originally Posted by warlockiii View Post
    I'm guessing this was written a while back, well before DK's were nerfed into the ground. Unholy could do okay with a good aff lock and Rsham. I could see enhance being R1 viable. Turbo is probably going to global people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krassz1096 View Post
    What stream is that from? Just wondering.
    SonyD Video on Youtube

Seems old as UH got mega nerfed, who is this?

SonyD created the list. it was made before the UH and fire changes on august 26th.

Quote Originally Posted by MCO Readycheck View Post
    Hi all,

Just a curiosity really as I haven't played on a serious level since mid-late MOP but was semi considering messing around with PVP in Legion just to kill time on a Weekend while I'm trying to stay away from the pubs for a few months.

What classes after all the rebuilds are currently doing well in PVP and which are downright awful? I doubt I will be using my main anymore as I will probably feel like a bit of a fresh start and maybe even swap faction to change scenery while I PVP. Start all counters/achis from 0 would be more compelling to me.

I know everyone should play what they enjoy, and I may well test a few classes but I really don't want to end up picking a PVP class which is already considered poor from the start. Also may end up using the 100 boost to save messing around.

I also understand 100-110 things will surely change...

Thank you

EDIT - was leaning towards DK as I always liked them previously and always wanted a Tauren
    Seriously, play with what you enjoy, most likely what is OP will be nerfed and you may end up with a character that you hate and that is weak.

That being said, pretty much what hellar posted, except some players (such as Cartoonz, R1 mage, made a load of Beta content) said that elemental is shit.

The only thing OP atm is going 'mountain prowler' form and one shotting people and mobs for ezy exp.

Good times.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Atm the only thing that could be categorized as broken in Sub Rogue.

Will definitely be nerfed before / early season launch though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ret is in "not very viable" category. Lol, nothing new.

Deleted
    Rogues like usual are the best pvp class, especially sub, its so stupid and there is nothing you can do as a caster (except fire mage)

Deleted
    Also remember, tier lists in all games are only game state interpretation of each player. While they often might have good insight into thise things as they spend alot of time playing these things, they still can be wrong or not as simple as presented.

Different high level players have different kinds of tier lists.

People need to treat thise tier listings with grain of salt and healthy amount of critique and make their own judgements based on their own experiences.

Leveling because something is op (especially now, with how artifacts works) is stupid. In Wod the 2 most op classes were Ret paladins and disc priests, for the first 2 weeks of the season that is, then they got gutted and were totally unviable (untill disc got buffed near the end). Honourable mention to glad warriors which were amazingly fun in pvp and all around awesome, perfect rotation, many gap closers, nice survivability and so on and everyone rolled one, then they turned to shit. Enh shamans were totally garbage in the start of wod too, their only real upside was that they healed double the damage they did (which made them alright in turbo, till the buffs just kept coming).

Same in mop and cata, the "current best performing" usually eats the nerfbat quite hard.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    Ret is in "not very viable" category. Lol, nothing new.
    Rets are going to be more than viable, just extremely boring.

Meh gotta wait and see for that. Arena wise we might be OKish, but still i dont see how Rets can be viable @ a serious RBG rating.

100% agree on a boring part though lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont think so, maybe allright in low rated 2v2 and Bg's, but we wont be seeing any Rets in RbG's

The truth is there are only 3 safe pvp bets in the game.

Rogues
    Mages
    Resto druids

They control the battle field and always have all the tools to pvp at high level. Thats the only thing you can do to not ever have to be obsolete. The nerf they can get is always inconsequential for the skilled. If you are as good as you think you are you are never useless on these. They are mechanically made for pvp

Runner up holy paladin from the cleave value.

Any other spec and class are never safe. If you roll them to be Op and they apply the nerf bat, you are always at risk of being dog shit for a while. This effect is even greater for dps paladin and shaman.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-09-01 at 11:44 PM.