Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fa3sr011 View Post
    Used the new version for about a week before deciding it was not for me. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like we'll get any choice in the matter soon as everyone will be eventually forcefully upgraded. Here's some take away's of my time with it.

* Another program trying to do what I already have other programs to do that are dedicated to that specific function.
    * Missing the Play button to launch your game. Why?
    * Took me probably 15 minutes after initial launch to go through all of the option to disable things I didn't want.
    * Not all options are clearly labeled to designate what they do. There are some helpful hints in places but those are vague as well sometimes.
    * Did not detect my PTR install during setup.
    * You cannot launch the app directly to the addon screen. You have to click the small WoW icon on the left-hand side taskbar. Why isn't this an option?
    * Longer app launch screen with animated intro. Why?

Needless to say I was happy to switch back to v5 of the client and will continue to enjoy it until they rip it from me permanently. I'm not against app development progress when it makes sense. But when my app management program starts to behave like antivirus programs have over the years and get bigger and more bloated I have to look to another product or find another method. Unfortunately that other method would mean manual app downloads and version checking on my own. Sigh...
    Actually you can launch it to the addons screen, though that is rather hit or miss after an update.
    It is a replacement for the previous curse client, which will in time be phased out.
    So if you used the previous client, then that isn't additional but intended in time to be a replacement.
    For me the splash screen duration isn't too different from the previous list of steps, though arguably if it is just for animation purposes an option to skip it would be nice.
    I agree that it doesn't do everything right, but then no program by a 3rd party will tend to.

Curse make money off those extra services, so it makes sense to have them up front and center in the client if people do use them.
    Those that don't want an individual client, those that do may well benefit from them together.
    You can't please everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elegorn View Post
    I uninstalled the old version and installed the new one. I launched WoW and when on the loading screen the game crashed. Same thing happened after I restarted pc. Curse wasn't running. I am performing scan and repair right now to see if it fixes anything

EDIT: Scan&Repair didn't work. I am gonna delete temporary game files now.

EDIT 2: OK removing the Cache folder from the WoW directory did the trick. I hope this post helped someone.
    Wait.. what? The new curse app somehow corrupted your WoW cache?
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Wait.. what? The new curse app somehow corrupted your WoW cache?
    I had the same issue, but wasn't due to the Curse app. I updated an addon manually while ingame, and when I tried to login again, I got an access violation critical error.

10+ Year Old Account
    and today I go back to manually updating mods.

Field Marshal I Cannot Fap To That's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Time for someone to write a lightweight addon manager and kill Curse. Such a shame, it really did do a good job at addon management.

Just give it time, soon it will be filled of Amazon ads now that it's owned my Amazon (via Twitch)

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    I had the same issue, but wasn't due to the Curse app. I updated an addon manually while ingame, and when I tried to login again, I got an access violation critical error.
    Yup Curse App corrupts the folders, i can confirm that had to clear the cache, wtf and interface folder. after that i could log in

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    so did they update the mac client, fortunately it still works
    I've been using it for ages, since I'm on mac, and the thing that fills me with happiness is that it no longer hangs when you quit; it shuts down properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayania View Post
    This is exactly why you have this ad-as-content. It isn't free to run MMOC.

(Personally I have no problem with it.)
    Curse owns MMO-Champion so it should be expected they'll announce updates to their curse client.

I already moved to Minion. The Curse app isn't even updating my addons. I tell it to update and every time I get errors. No exception. I have the program to take care of addons, if it can't do that then it's worthless to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    That looks exactly like discord LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    I normally just like a lightweight program but i already use curse client for chat/giveaways so makes sense it being included in same client loving it.
    Oh look, an employee loves it. Shocking.

LOL at all this outrage. People will REALLY update their own add-ons? Or use Minion (especially when Wow interface doesn't have all add-ons up to date)?

I don't get what all the fuss is about.

Quote Originally Posted by seraphbreak View Post
    That looks exactly like discord LOL
    Yep, that's because this and razer comms and some other turds are pathetic imitations of discord, which was first and brought good free voice comms to the masses.

Stick to the O.G, it's much better and has a more open dev team anyway.

Deleted
    Is the new app less of a laggy piece of [bleep] than the old one?

Quote Originally Posted by KevyB View Post
    Yep, that's because this and razer comms and some other turds are pathetic imitations of discord, which was first and brought good free voice comms to the masses.

Stick to the O.G, it's much better and has a more open dev team anyway.
    To be fair, Discord blatantly ripped off the UI/UX from Slack first. But I agree, Discord is way better than the Curse App.

Not a fan of the huge advertising... but whatever.

As for the app, works great for me, updates everything fine as per the old app. I won't use any of the other shit since it's not much relevance to me.

Addon updates are spot on though. Not sure where people are making such a huge deal out of it. Ohh wait, yes I do, typical drama queen bullshit from MMOC forum monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by Stockers View Post
    Not a fan of the huge advertising... but whatever.

As for the app, works great for me, updates everything fine as per the old app. I won't use any of the other shit since it's not much relevance to me.

Addon updates are spot on though. Not sure where people are making such a huge deal out of it. Ohh wait, yes I do, typical drama queen bullshit from MMOC forum monkeys.
    Oh i'm sure this advertising is nothing. Give it time until Amazon full deploys their minions to exploit this.

Quote Originally Posted by lichbane View Post
    LOL at all this outrage. People will REALLY update their own add-ons? Or use Minion (especially when Wow interface doesn't have all add-ons up to date)?

I don't get what all the fuss is about.
    If you've been around long enough, you'd realize that the curse client wasn't the first client to update addons, it just did it better. If they force this bloated steaming pile of shit on people, then yes, people will go back to updating their own addons until something else comes along. And yes, something else will come along and replace curse.