I don't undestand why ppl talking only about raiding spec and fun/questing spec, there is now 5 ppl Mythic+ also.

Quote Originally Posted by arboachg View Post
    At what point should you replace the class trinket? Along with the heroic WBR, I'm using the heirloom trinket and was wondering how viable the upgraded Might of the Forsaken (ilvl 793, +725 crit, attacks have a chance to increase str by 2900 for 10 sec) trinket is.
    Generally, the class trinket becomes literally nothing at 110 since the proc doesn't work anymore and it has not stats, so you can keep it all the way to 110 and then use the best thing you got from questing. I'd say that up until 110 it's still the best trinket because it's % haste and not rating, but I could be wrong and haven't done the math to back up this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by arboachg View Post
    At what point should you replace the class trinket? Along with the heroic WBR, I'm using the heirloom trinket and was wondering how viable the upgraded Might of the Forsaken (ilvl 793, +725 crit, attacks have a chance to increase str by 2900 for 10 sec) trinket is.
    The class trinket becomes a novelty item at 110 - until then it's ok.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    do you get a buff when odyns champion trait procs?

well i play arms, and i dont need healing (i have exactly 0 healing) because i kill mobs in 3 globals.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyalbo View Post
    do you get a buff when odyns champion trait procs?
    You do, it's called Odyn's Champion and has the icon it has on the artifact traits panel.

I'm on the edge of changing my spec to Arms or at least give it a try.

While Fury is fun to play I feel like I'm super weak against a little bit stronger or more than one mob. Enhanced Regeneration and Charge->Bloodthirst Heal is mostly not enough to keep me alive, 30% increased damage is way to much imho.

How would you practically switch to another spec since you do not get refunds on AP? Just equip the other artifact and simply pump new farmed AP into it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhory View Post
    I'm on the edge of changing my spec to Arms or at least give it a try.

While Fury is fun to play I feel like I'm super weak against a little bit stronger or more than one mob. Enhanced Regeneration and Charge->Bloodthirst Heal is mostly not enough to keep me alive, 30% increased damage is way to much imho.

How would you practically switch to another spec since you do not get refunds on AP? Just equip the other artifact and simply pump new farmed AP into it?
    Yep. No better way to respec really.

But besides, if you enjoy fury in dungeons and what not, you can keep questing as whatever spec you want without leveling the artifact and just keep leveling the fury one. It really doesn't take a leveled artifact to quest. (I quest solely as prot and my prot artifact has like 200 AP in it)

Quote Originally Posted by zivxx View Post
    Yep. No better way to respec really.

But besides, if you enjoy fury in dungeons and what not, you can keep questing as whatever spec you want without leveling the artifact and just keep leveling the fury one. It really doesn't take a leveled artifact to quest. (I quest solely as prot and my prot artifact has like 200 AP in it)
    That is a very good idea that did not pop up in my mind. Thank you very much

Even taking the "only 20% extra damage taken" talent... this whole mechanic is just killing my will to actually stick with the character I've mained since Vanilla.

Damn it, Blizzard.

Why do Fury warriors even take extra damage? What was the design goal of making such a class mechanic? Middle of the road dps spec and it takes 30% more damage to boot; what the hell was Blizzard thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Glendoor View Post
    Why do Fury warriors even take extra damage? What was the design goal of making such a class mechanic? Middle of the road dps spec and it takes 30% more damage to boot; what the hell was Blizzard thinking?
    Class fantasy!!!11!!

Really I can think of no other reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karadros View Post
    Even taking the "only 20% extra damage taken" talent... this whole mechanic is just killing my will to actually stick with the character I've mained since Vanilla.

Damn it, Blizzard.
    OR... I can switch to Arms. But outside of Victory Rush it has even less health sustain than Fury. apparently it sims better too, but I've already spent so much AP on Fury...
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    Ya i think Karadros got it right sadly..
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Sylvanas is flawless and should be canonized as a saint.

Hell, just roll with Prot for all your open world adventuring. I guarantee you won't die unless you afk for upwards of 10 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm torn.

I maimed fury warrior for... Ever. But Legion really really gutted our ability to solo shit. I've thought about switching to arms or even port, but...

I'm on an RP server. Everyone knows my character as the dual-wielding weapons master night elf. It would feel weird to switch to anything else for story reasons. But I mean, I COULD see how well fury works after j max out the Warswords, I guess. :/ it feels underwhelming to use the artifact ability too. Literally a recolored whirlwind.

Quote Originally Posted by Shizari View Post
    I'm torn.

I maimed fury warrior for... Ever. But Legion really really gutted our ability to solo shit. I've thought about switching to arms or even port, but...

I'm on an RP server. Everyone knows my character as the dual-wielding weapons master night elf. It would feel weird to switch to anything else for story reasons. But I mean, I COULD see how well fury works after j max out the Warswords, I guess. :/ it feels underwhelming to use the artifact ability too. Literally a recolored whirlwind.
    The animation is meh but oh boy the damages, that alone gives it a meaty feeling !

I liked Fury for leveling but I've discovered that all my downtime was waiting for OF and BC/Avatar cd. Without that, pulling 2+ mobs was near impossible. Friends tell me that in Arms they can pull how much they want. Also fury dps isn't that high.

Well, I'm rerolling prot. I'd rather be invincible than below average, lol

Deleted
    Well.. according to the german warrior forums, people are still missing Auto-attacks during Enrage, despite having the Trait that's supposed to give them 100% Hitrate during Enrage. Can anyone confirm this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoNamedPride View Post
    Well.. according to the german warrior forums, people are still missing Auto-attacks during Enrage, despite having the Trait that's supposed to give them 100% Hitrate during Enrage. Can anyone confirm this?
    Didn't see any misses during Enrage over about ten minutes against the boss dummy, plenty of them when Enrage was down though.

If you're doing open world content you're far better off going as a tank atm because everything scales to 110 and we're still quite poorly geared, also Protection Warrior has self sustain like nothing else par Prot Paladins.

Prime example is the Nightfallen Scenario (World Quest)
    Arms on beta I would get crushed by the first elite that came up and not make it past him, ever.
    Fury was exactly the same thing, super hard and not at all able to do elites. Didn't get past the first one, ever.
    Prot on live I got 403 on the first try and 550+ on the second. Still having only +1 perk to the scenario is what makes it hard as I lose a lot of Nightfallen due to them running away in fear. Still I managed to get to 34 Nightfallen at one point, starting out with 20 (2000 Ancient Mana),

I think it's really broken how strong tanks are for soloing things at the moment, yeah it's what they're supposed to do but I can go to Suramar City and pull 20-30 mobs and just go through the motions as prot and kill everything where as Arms I struggle with killing more than 3 mobs outside stacking CDs for Bladestorm.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Glendoor View Post
    yeah the good ol class fantasy!!!

See what I don't understand is why can't they do something manageable ya know, 15% to 10% talented still retains that amp damage "fantasy" without just being completely outlandish. With a 30% self-damage multiplier fury is always going to be either over the top or garbage in pvp. Over the top when numerically way overtuned because of gimped damage intake and garbage when the numbers aren't crazy enough to justify taking 30% more damage lmao.