Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I only use the group tool to make groups for my dungeons, its way more ez and besides the first week everyone will have to do this because mythic is non-queueable

What I read was "Why are you all enjoying playing a game? What is wrong with you people. You are suppose to not like stuff!"

Your right, I am sorry. Lets all make hate threads now. Thank you @Vaelorian for showing us the error of our ways. Why enjoy something when we can complain about it online?

Quote Originally Posted by Kayleta View Post
    This seems like a pointless thread.
    It definitely has some pointlessness to it. There are a number of features that directly help to fix the issues he is referring to but hasn't done enough looking to know about them.

On top of the fact that a number of opinion here are from players who had access to the beta and had been playing it for some time.

There's lots to do in this xpac so far, and as long as that continues everything will be fine. If they put all their eggs into the early basket and there's not much to do throughout the xpac then I'll be upset. I managed to crank out 25 lvl 100s in WoD, I'd like to make it through Legion with 2-4 lvl 110s that I've really enjoyed the hell out of playing.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Deleted
    [Cynical mode]
    ty for this wonderful analysis. always good to see a good subjective summary of negative points from such a prominent member of teh community (looking at ur post count u must be important)
    [/Cynical mode]

so instead enjoying WoW like everyone else does you come to the forums and whine that people too happy ? the hell is wrong with you...
    BETA CLUB

Deleted
    Just enjoy it while it lasts and then unsub, don't fall into the class hall grinding trap, that was just made to hook you and keep paying monthly.

You are listing old faults that are not associated with the current xpac.. FFS at least make a more credible argument

You've got some valid points here, but it seems you've kind of just showed up to shout your grievances without any real invitation for discussion.

1. Community. You're right, Blizzard over the years has long been neglecting their greatest resource. The human interaction. I can't speak for everyone but I play MMOs because I want to play with many other people. I don't want to sit alone and play against computers. Or I'd just play an RPG.

What would you change to bring back some of this community feeling? The meta has changed a bit since inception. I think Vanilla is still too archaic, yet had many key functions to WoW's success.

2. CRZ. Man I'm again with you here, I'm hoping the CRZ issue can get straightened out. I am perplexed that I can play in a server with my own guild mates and not see them in the zone. Whats the purpose of picking a server then really? I also think they really should have built on the purpose a guild holds in the game. Being a glorified chatroom is just dumb.

3. Flying. I think they have been doing alright with flying. Keeping it unavailable for some time. But really, I think they could do away with flying all together. They have made the game very easy to get around.

4. Teleporting to dungeons instantly. This is definitely a quality of life change for the better. Meeting up at a dungeon really only stands as an annoyance and could create congestion. I think the issue is more queuing for random dungeons. The current LFG system is great, I enjoy the way they created essentially an in game forum to do new things. Maybe take out automatic dungeons. LFR just breeds laziness.

5. dungeons being too fucking short. I haven't run any new dungeons, can't really speak to that. However it looks like Karazhan is getting a makeover to be a 9 boss dungeon.

All in all there is a running them. PLAYER/HUMAN interaction. WoW has become a glorified single player game. I took up fishing and professions when I wanted to do things alone, sure there were times I was frustrated with the groups I spent time to form. But you know what that's life, that was an experience, that just makes it that much more sweet to get it accomplished. Personally, nothing I see anymore impresses me, every item just takes time to get. Not much skill. Then again this is a subscription based model so they have to keep us coming back every day.

"why are you people having fun and enjoying yourselves?? STOP ENJOYING YOURSELVES RIGHT NOW AND START THINKING ABOUT NEGATIVE THINGS!"

-OP

You answered your own question, it's launch. Everyone's happy to have something new. I'm optimistic about content this time around but playing, ugh, still the same clunky ill-feeling designs from Beta of course, since they didn't change anything at all. My problem is with the classes and gameplay, the zones look amazing, questing feels quick and easy to do, and I'm confident this time the content will last longer than it has in the past.

But people forget everything in the rush of something new, it'll come back soon.

ITT: We bash OP for having outdated opinions on a game continually pandering towards newer players.

A lot of OP's opinions aren't really original and have been screamed and yelled from the highest mountains to the deepest pits by the older community for years and years now. That being said, the main reason everyone is in such a state of excitement for Legion is because it's the first piece of new content they've seen in years (1.5 years to be precise).

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    But to just sit there and say that Legion is the expansion in which Blizzard finally came back to its routs or woke up or made use of the "money" they got from us during WoD?.... Are you guys serious?
    totally serious

OP tl;dr

Why are you having fun?! Stop having fun! Everyone should be as sad and miserable as I am!

Quote Originally Posted by nvn View Post
    I'm playing on draenor EU, biggest horde realm in Europe.

I guess you didn't play before phasing and crz were a thing?
    I play on US Illidan, which up until wod was the most popular server in the game. It's still highest pop Horde server and the only other realm you can hope to find a raiding scene like this is EU Tarren Mill. I don't see people I know everywhere. I do see people on my server everywhere. Broken Isles aren't CRZ. You can always group up with friends to quest, and you even level faster by doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Outland View Post
    A thread literally whining about people not whining yet. Now I've truly seen everything.
    ^ dis ^^

Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken View Post
    Some of those things you listed are opinions, dude. Not everyone shares them.
    Pretty much the point that ends this thread.

Your entire post is subjective shit about what YOU think a "community" should be like.

WoW was NEVER some idyllic bullshit like you describe - and when you DID have to do said bullshit, the game was a fucking chore.

Also about that whole "Walking to dungeons" point - again, completely subjective, and your opinion - but it still exists. You can't teleport to mythic dungeons, and mythic+ means people will be doing them all expansion long.

As for long or short dungeons? Again, subjective - the community as a whole seems to have decided long ago that it didn't like BRD dungeons, but you're still getting one in the form of Karazhan in 7.1, so this is something of a moot point. Also Arcway and Court of Stars aren't exactly 20 minute affairs.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    1. community
    But why is the community shitty? "Well people are shitty ingames and turned for the worst over the years!!"
    This is the very definition of Irony.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    I play on US Illidan, which up until wod was the most popular server in the game. It's still highest pop Horde server and the only other realm you can hope to find a raiding scene like this is EU Tarren Mill. I don't see people I know everywhere. I do see people on my server everywhere. Broken Isles aren't CRZ. You can always group up with friends to quest, and you even level faster by doing so.
    I guess you didn't understand what I said.

If you take for example suramar, when you are out questing there's barely anyone since I rarely share mobs with other people. Considering I'm playing on the biggest horde EU server without phasing it there would probably be more people than mobs around.
    There are way too many phased instances, they should probably tone it down...It really feels like a single player experience, even worse than wod.

I had and have no hope for this expansion, I already said I bought it just because it just less than 30€ once every 2 years and I get fun out of playing at the start of the expansion; I think legion is going to be just like wod with maybe more raiding content, classes are way too oversimplified and the game depth is pathetic right now. This is not a wow fault, the mmorpg genre is dead and wow is just trying to appeal more to the moba players.

Quote Originally Posted by nvn View Post
    I guess you didn't understand what I said.

If you take for example suramar, when you are out questing there's barely anyone since I rarely share mobs with other people. Considering I'm playing on the biggest horde EU server without phasing it there would probably be more people than mobs around.
    There are way too many phased instances, they should probably tone it down...It really feels like a single player experience, even worse than wod.

I had and have no hope for this expansion, I already said I bought it just because it just less than 30€ once every 2 years and I get fun out of playing at the start of the expansion; I think legion is going to be just like wod with maybe more raiding content, classes are way too oversimplified and the game depth is pathetic right now. This is not a wow fault, the mmorpg genre is dead and wow is just trying to appeal more to the moba players.
    I don't misunderstand what you are saying, I get it. What Im saying is of you really must see other people in those areas, group up. The rest of us on high pop realms especially are delighted that we can quest without having to constantly wait for things to respawn.